or Connect

Posts by Quirk

Looks to me like the tailor's botched the attempted alterations. I doubt the problem is with the initial construction because I've seen $150.00 Lauren blazers that would fit better than this. Not sure how much of the sleeve issue is due to your slightly reclined position, but regardless, it does not seem to have been re-attached properly. Do you have a photo of it just on the hanger? Regardless, the collar is definitely a problem and renders the blazer pretty much...
Ah, emptym, those are beauts! Something with that silhouette in black would be perfect -- without the medallion, as you say.Not until after reading msulinski's and Man of Lint's comments did I actually get a chance to try the shoes on with my formal pants, and I was surprised to find that they *did* look a bit bulkier than I had expected or wanted (though my fiancee thought they looked perfectly classic).I had been resisting spending hundreds of dollars on a pair of...
Thanks for the feedback. Actually quite surprised by the "clunky" assessment. I had intially chosen something with a much sleeker profile, but thought these heftier more rounded-toed ones looked somewhat more "traditional" overall, although perhaps not traditional specifically in terms of "classic opera pump" styling. Not trying to "fool" anyone, just looking for something with a clean, understated look, while avoiding the classic pump styling, which is a bit too...
Seeking opiinons on whether the styling on these Varvatos shoes is conservative enough for me to get away with them in lieu of a traditional formal pump. They seemed a decent deal ($149.00 at DSW), so I gave them a try, not knowing anything about Varvatos shoes; from my research since, his "made in China" models are the iffiest of his offerings, quality wise, but I don't wear a tuxedo more than once or twice a year anyway, so styling is more of a concern than durability,...
Thanks for the feedback; if I do give them a try, I'll probably just give them one of my nicely-fitting RTWs to copy measurements from.
Timeless, I'd say.
True enough; given the considerable passage of time, no one would ever find himself in such a predicament anymore. Please accept my apologies for needlessly striking a nerve.
So many responses here clarify the distinction between dressing like a gentleman and behaving like one.
Came across this groupon discount today, and was wondering if anyone was familiar with their work. Thanks. Q