or Connect

Posts by Quirk

Thanks for the reply. I guess they consider it to be almost much work to them, given that they do have to dampen the shirt first. But no, they definitely don't press by hand - that they charge quite a bit more for. Q
Sorry, mods - I think now I should have maybe posted this in "Ask A Question..."; can it be moved?
Tired of creeping shrinkage, since purchasing my most recent batch of dress shirts, I've been home laundering and taking the shirts to my local (NYC) drycleaner for pressing only. Surprisingly, they charge the same $2.50 per shirt as for full laundering . Is this common?
Well, glad it worked out; sorry for leading you astray...
I don't have the knowledge of suit construction to know for certain what caused the problem, but my unschooled layman's guess would be that they took in the back seam of the jacket and were left with too much collar material to reattach to the reduced surface area, if that makes any sense. Anyway, figuring out how they screwed up is not your concern -- I would just return the thing post haste and insist on a full refund, no matter who you end up having to speak with. ...
Looks to me like the tailor's botched the attempted alterations. I doubt the problem is with the initial construction because I've seen $150.00 Lauren blazers that would fit better than this. Not sure how much of the sleeve issue is due to your slightly reclined position, but regardless, it does not seem to have been re-attached properly. Do you have a photo of it just on the hanger? Regardless, the collar is definitely a problem and renders the blazer pretty much...
Ah, emptym, those are beauts! Something with that silhouette in black would be perfect -- without the medallion, as you say.Not until after reading msulinski's and Man of Lint's comments did I actually get a chance to try the shoes on with my formal pants, and I was surprised to find that they *did* look a bit bulkier than I had expected or wanted (though my fiancee thought they looked perfectly classic).I had been resisting spending hundreds of dollars on a pair of...