or Connect

Posts by itsstillmatt

It really doesn't matter what it is known for, what matters is what is true, and the truth is that heat distribution is awful...http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/02/everything-you-need-to-know-about-cast-iron-cooking.htmlAn enameled cast iron cocotte doesn't react with acidic ingredients, because the metal is sealed off, doesn't need to be maneuvered because it is specifically for long cooking processes, and because of that the lack of response to temperature change moves...
OK, I don't eat cornbread, so I can't say anything about it.I dislike cast iron in general because it heats unevenly, responds to temperature change slowly, the seasoning comes off with acidic ingredients, you can't wash it quickly, it's too heavy to maneuver, and probably some other things I can't think of right now. It strikes me as cult cookware rather than functional cookware.
Well, you are talking about enameled cast iron, then. Those are great. Regular American campfire cast iron is not.
For the lice of me I cannot figure out why people use cast iron.
The slow juicers are better than the fast juicers in that they don't make the juices oxidize as quickly. Other than that, the brands are basically the same.
I use the Apex. I think there is a reason to upgrade the stones because I find that the regular stones just go too slowly.
Oh, I use metal utensils in nonstick and crank up the heat when necessary. Never had a problem with longevity and not dead yet. I wouldn't braise in them because that would be kind of weird.
I have an Edge Pro as well. I am a good freehand sharpener, and this thing is so much better than I am. It's just so consistent. I can't, by hand, switch between 12 and 15 degrees, but it can, and it is simple to do and fast. I was skeptical because I never had a dull knife problem, but I really do love it. I don't have the upgrade model, just the standard, but I do have upgraded stones from chefknivestogo.com.
You really aren't using the popcorn thing correctly here.
Are you threatening to leave, idfnl?