or Connect

Posts by itsstillmatt

At Sea Ranch. Last "town" of Sonoma before Mendocino.
It's well north. You don't have to hate it.
Hayward is a cunt. He ruins most of the threads he is in. This was one of the good ones on SF. No more.
Today he decided to confine a contractor to our bathroom. Thankfully he was working in there. The guy thought Norbert really liked him because he was spending so much time near him when he could be doing anything.The one thing we are not training him to do is to be a "non-cattle dog" in the attempt to make him a nice, docile house pet. That seems like a waste. We call him the house pest, but he is actually becoming a very livable young guy. His trainer breeds mals, so...
My issue is that at all times you are dealing with temperament issues that are apparent, and also breed specific issues that aren't necessarily until you get a trigger. At least, that is my theory.
Yeah, we plan on using an e-collar for some stuff but his trainer, who is awesome, thinks that he needs a little bit more maturity to be able to have it put to use effectively, and there is still so much to do before he gets there. Mainly finishing recall and distance stuff, I guess. I never thought training a dog would be so fun, or addictive, but he certainly is.
Lefty, what do you make of all of the pit advocates these days? It seems that they believe pits are the only breed without instincts. By that I mean, I expect my dog to be a pushy asshole and to want to chase things and I fear he will eventually nip a kid, so I am careful knowing these things. But pit advocates try to paint the dogs as having no particular fighting instincts, to be super stable etc. they boast about temperament testing results, knowing that they basically...
Now the SF Approved Sofa. Ours should be here in a few months.
Any good 07 should have minimum a decade left.