or Connect

Posts by itsstillmatt

Bugger saw the whistle before I blew it, but more fun at the river.
Thanks. There was a store in Beverly Hills called Rocco and they carried Abla and Brioni in generally awful fabrics. It was a pretty neat place for its time.
Hey Marco, when I was first getting into tailored clothing, which was like the late 80s, there was a brand called abla. I think it might have been a brand from Naples, and I remember seeing a plaque in a fancy store in Naples showing it many years later. Any knowledge of it. Seemed very high end to a young guy.
I've never met Luca, but I did talk to Mariano about the issue of tailors leaving back when I was a more active client and didn't wear hoodies most days. He recognized that it would happen, and that there is great value to having been his head tailor with regard to reputation. He also made clear, and always did, that the service he provides is his taste (and now Luca's I suppose, again we have never met,) resources, knowledge, language facilities and quality of tailoring...
The first step to recovery is realizing how far from reality San Francisco is.
We should have a Gualala SF Meetup. We could go to the abandoned hotel.
Still?
Yeah. About half an hour away. You are north of us, right?
I enjoyed this thread a dozen or so pages ago.
This one will be a lot smaller as it is a second place, but I think that, pound for pound, it will be more awesome by far. We will see, though. Should be done in early '15. In the old place we did have our stainless fridge in a hidden laundry room/pantry, but this time it will be integrated.