or Connect

Posts by itsstillmatt

We have hydronic in concrete at our place on the coast. It kind of sucks as a main heating source in my opinion.
Haha. I used to have to do that every night for an oyster with caviar dish. The trick is to have very starched napkins or to use a foil insert to stiffen them. You basically do corners in, corners in, flip, corners in and undo your petals. I think Jacques Pepin probably has a few pictures.
The pumpkin barbijuans are great but have you done his barbijuans d'ete? One of my all time favorites.
For kitchens kwc is nice while avoiding dornbracht's euro douche look.
I like Fantini a lot more than Dornbracht. Dornbracht looks like it should be in a house with a lot of black and white leather. In other words, douchebag.
The Great Chefs of France episode where he tells you to call the restaurant if you can't find an egg topper and they will send you one still makes me smile. Loved that show.
Not true. I like my vegans roasted to 135 then rested until they come to 150.
The point is that, in general, the speed of cooking isn't going to be very related to fluctuations in oven temperature, and certainly not to fluctuations in oven temp from taking internal temperature. The fact that meat cooks by conduction means that a drop in ambient temperature in the oven isn't going to change the amount of heat exchange near the core of the food, so don't worry about it.
Most good ovens either heat up really quickly or retain a lot of heat, so it really isn't an issue, and since meat cooks internally through conduction, it really, really isn't an issue.
I prefer the one on the right.