or Connect

Posts by Teger

trump's protectionism isn't chavez's protectionism though. trump is about rejecting an element of the national identity that's already present -- not just about a foreign power that's a threat (or staying out of political struggles). it'd be one thing if trump was solely focusing on the problems with outsourcing jobs and the threat from china, but when you talk about how we need to build a wall to keep the rapists out, and deport the rapists that are already here, it adds...
fortunately at my university we don't have a big pro-palestine movement, but yea it's rough. jewish academics have been at the tip of the spear for most of the social movements of the last 75 years -- there's a reason bernie sanders marched in the civil rights movements. and now you can't reconcile jewishness as an identity with progressivism? its nonsense. what's worse is that it's an outgrowth in the rise of cultural identity as the touchstone for most humanities...
trumps appeal is with working class WHITE voters, and the electoral map calculus guarantees that you need to appeal to minority groups (particularly hispanic groups) to have a shot in the general. when your entire campaign is voted on protectionist nonsense it's a tough boat to row to appeal to hispanics.
it's tough. in the last few years many of the protests groups have come together in ways that wern't previously imaginable - i.e. pro-Palestinian groups (which are not great on women's rights issues or gay rights issues) are now allied with gay rights/trans rights organizations. the far left, especially in academia, has fractured, and in a lot of places the assumption is if you're not outright denying your jewish identity you're a de facto zionist, aka a racist.as for...
what I'm saying is that the anti-zionist movement has assumed the rhetoric of traditional anti-semitism, and where in the past they've spoken specifically against israel (an argument i'm sympathetic to), now they're speaking against jews in general. look at the rhetoric of the BDS movement in academia - professors are attacked for simply being jewish, not because they're endorsing a zionist position. speaking out in defense of judaism (and not israel) is akin to a hate...
I like Uniqlo underwear. Everything else kind of sucks. Good when you're in college, but after ehhh
My dream pants would be super tapered with a mid-high rise and stretch. They don't exist. I use Luxire for shirts, but they don't really have fabrics that have stretch. I sent then a MTM shirt I had made and have made slight adjustments -- at this point the fit is really dialed in. For pants, I wear a lot of Wings + Horns. Also Blue Blue Japan stretch chinos (amazing) which are roughly ~$140 proxied from Japan with the weak Yen. If you want really generic stuff, Club...
for a long time i thought there was, but anti-zionist rhetoric has basically evolved into anti-semitic rhetoric, so...
It's kind of horrible and exhausting but I guess that's good for you. It's awful to have to run a bunch then come in and bust out some thrusters, but gets you back in shape real fucking quick
I know this is probably anathema to this thread but I started ... crossfit ... and never really been exposed to front squatting before now. What's tough is that my wrists/forearms fail long before my thighs/hamstrings/back.