or Connect

Posts by Teger

yea yoox pics are just garbage for everything. the brands you'd probably do well with are brunello cucinelli, boglioli (i'd start here), cantarelli or isaia. you could also try something like barena but i think that'd be a little too casual for what you're going for. also just look for jackets not suits. this jacket for example http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/blue-linen-and-wool-sport-coat-with-red-windowpane-2718.html would look absolutely sick with those...
You should try the Italian brands. Putting on a true well shaped unstructured jacket is a revelation
there's a difference between buying into a brand and buying into an aesthetic. you can accomplish the margiela aesthetic with lots of other brands, which can sometimes do it better (or fit better). fit matters much less for shirts than something tailored. also most of regis' pieces aren't the really design-heavy ones - no oversized hadnknit shawl collar sweater, etc.
its not so much evident in the latest picture, but in a lot of the others you can see the shoulder line extend past your natural shoulder, and it seems like the upper arm/upper armhole is tight as well. sometimes dimpling along the shoulder lines. i know you love margiela, but have you tried on a lot of other suiting?
no margiela suiting has a particular silhouette - boxy shoulders, high armholes, a very '80s style european eurotrash/club vibe. the sleeves are long, low button points, lots of single-vents.i just think that regis would look better in something like an unstructured canterelli, which would also probably accomplish the same thing aesthetically.
apc derbies. haven't really bought much in months (paying for a wedding is crushing), but always a sucker for suede also have a few more things on the way (hurray sale season)
im sure people are going to explode at me, but regis i've never thought your mmm tailored jackets have fit that great... shoulders are a little wonky. i know you like the luxe european vibe, but i think you'd look better in some of the unstructured italian designers. the fabrics are just as interesting and they don't have the weird MMM armhole/shoulder silhouette.
it's not gothy, it's ugly. unstructured design + drapey fabric =/ MA-1.
wasn't taken for this... nike x 2, lvc
generally a 4 in TS(S) tops, although sometimes a 3 on some of the more oversized shirting/outerwear. been a 3 in the pants so far.