or Connect

Posts by koolhistorian

I have the same problem - one foot slightly bigger than the other. I buy shoes that fit my larger foot, and just put in the other an insole. Problem solved.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucky Strike On TV yesterday (27 mins and 10 secs in): http://www.tv3play.no/play/244906/?autostart=true It's one of those shows where people who are badly in debt seek help; I'm valuating the guy's watches. (I think the similar US show is called "'Til Debt Do Us Part" and the UK one "Spendaholics". I'm wearing a 70s "double red" Sea Dweller, btw. Wellcome back LS!
Quote: Originally Posted by lexmann Any recommendations? I am a buget traveller so anything from 10 to 25 EURO per head would fit my budget. In Brussels try the small chinatown near De Broukere. In Paris, well, go on Rue Mouffetard (via Rue Monge metro station), there are some nice arab small restaurants - if they are still in business, go to "La Rose de Souse", great couscous and grills, or from Bd. Saint Germain, Gregorys (rue Gregoire de...
Good for you - I am in the same process, even if i'm 6 2! The most important slimming factor is fit, not color or stripes - yes, it helps, but the quality of the tailoring is very important. If a garment is well tailored, it will shed another 10-15 pounds for you. Second thing is that you will not stabilize at the lowest weight that you will achieve, but a little bit higher (I have a friend that had lost a lot of weight after a break up, bought some nice Kiton & Co...
I still have 2 suits (iron flannel) that are more than 10 yrs old. Keepers tweed will probably last until my passage to a better world. Just make them with a second pair of pants, rotate the pants, have a decent suit rotation (do not wear a pair of pants more than once a week), use pretty heavy fabric - 12 oz and more - and you will enjoy your suits for a long time (wear them with different accessories, just not to get bored with)!
second that, with a more formal tie and white shirt + black shoes!
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFrog What are some good niche, citrus-based fragrances? Anglia Perfumery Spiced Lime and Strand - good price for quality!
To join the debate, in the '20 and '30 people tended to be more frugal than we are! Mostly because "consumer pressure" was lower, and there was not such a difference between "formal and casual" as we have now. The typical wardrobe (if I remember correctly form my grandfather's generation) would had been 2-3 day suits (normally grey), 1-2 afternoon (navy) and one dinner (tuxedo) per season - S/S and F/W plus one half to one dozen white shirts. Informal would had been some...
I have a 50% cashmere - 50% cotton jacket (Zegna fabric) that I made for SS - it is unwearable in more than 20 C! So be careful!
Quote: Originally Posted by alexanduh could be because your feet are two different sizes? Second that (have the same problem). try to see how it's going with an insole!