or Connect

Posts by koolhistorian

For a first commission, go with a classical cut - 3 roll 2 for example - mid grey suit - if you are set on Dugdale's have the New Fine Worsteds (on the lighter side, but better for a 9 months suit in subtropical Australia, something like 8961, a good mid grey.
In France you will have 2 separate ceremonies - etat civil (city hall) and religious (if you want). The marriage certificate will be issued only by the etat civil, so take care. Normally, at the etat civil people will be dressed in gray suits or other lounge (it normally takes place in the morning) so a tuxedo will be an overkill for sure. Check that please, and the technical delays - you should place the "bans de marriage", etc. if you are not doing it at the Australian...
Quote: Originally Posted by tsasls I believe the cost difference may be due to the lower cost of production in Hungary[non EU] of Vass compared to the Austrian retail location of St. Crispins. Having multiple pairs of both makers,the Vass are the better value. Both Vass and St. Crispin are EU products - Vass in Hungary and StC in Romania - members of the EU since 2004 (HU) and 2007 (RO).
It is possible if it fits on the shoulders - taking in the waist (and back) is simple. I dont know if it worths.
From my experience, the DC intern uniform (including Capitol Hill) is the "California Tuxedo" - blue OCBD, Khakis, navy blazer, reppe tie and burgundy penny loafer! Switch the khaki's for grey pants for events.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Navy linen blazer FTW. Same here!
Depends on where do you work (social environment) - banking, government (high level) certainly not, media, communication, academia - yes! When I was working in govt, I had used PoW as a "dress down" variant - as other mid- gray's - for days that I had no formal meetings (your first example is quite muted, for me it will pass for a good "before lunch" or "friday suit") I used a lot mid gray's, pattern or not; when moved to "normal world" a PoW would be as dressed (read...
Go for side vents or ventless suits. MTM or bespoke can help a lot! And guys - it is not always about exercise!
Chinese mob, sorry to say!
First rule of bespoke - do not micro manage your tailor (he/she knows better than you what can be done)! Second rule of bespoke - for the first commission KISS (keep it simple)! Do not venture in styles that you had not worn yet. 2 or 3 B SB, simple pants, etc. (keep it classic) if you need a good suit. For the shoulder construction you can go either unstructured (more or less neapolitan) or get them with a rollino, if you feel that your body structure needs it. Normally,...