or Connect

Posts by koolhistorian

1. Suit - look ok for the price (I can't tell more about the fabric from a pic!) 2. Shirt - good for a more formal look (If it is for a wedding) 3. Tie - a definitive no from me - look for reds or maroons, just to add a spicy note (or a point of interest). Personally I find grey on grey too plain. If you want a grey tie (de gustibus non disputandum) go for a pink shirt and a darker grey. Finally, if you are in the wedding thing, a knit tie is too informal (its a sport...
Just a quick question to the more knowledgeable crowd - what is the best buy H&H or Coles (via jermyn street shirts)?
Just a quick question to the more knowledgeable crowd - what is the best buy H&H or Coles (via jermyn street shirts)?
Loden coat, maybe?
My 0.02 cents: Winter blazer (cashmere 100%, burgundy silk lined) 3 buttons, antique silver (not shiny), 4 buttons each sleeve: Summer blazer (silk&wool jersey) 3 b. roll 2 blue horn like buttons, functioning; And, yes I wear French cuffs with both, as I treat them more like a little bit less formal than a conservative business suit (more on the dressed side, but remember I'm in Europe), paired with flannels in the winter and light pants (not slacks) in summer, and ,...
A). You are a high-school intern, nobody expects you to dress like the chief of staff! B) It's a campaign office, so I would not expect that every one will be, always wearing a tie or a suit. Depends on how much time you will spend there, you will see that your candidate will wear all the spectrum of sartorial choices - from crappy jeans to black tie. C) Very much depends on the personality of the principal (candidate). I remembered visiting a Californian Republican (Dana...
Conditioner - Crema Alpina (Nubiana rebranded for Bata)- left to dry over night, then light application of cream -vamp and heel (Saphir MdOr), then buffing with brush, then two or three layers of wax polish on the toe and heel. If you apply the conditioner when shoes are still "hot" and on trees, you will reduce creasing visibly. my 0.02 euro
http://chromatism.net/current/images/gramsci.jpg http://architettura.supereva.com/sim...080316/10C.jpg
Mea culpa, remembered badly : "Now I must touch upon a sore spot," the prolific Italian writer Antonio Gramsci wrote to his father in 1910. "You, as regards the suit, have not written to me any more; and I, for my part, when I went to Ghilarza for Easter looked indecent, as you yourself told me. Since you thought that it was my fault for not having Castangia make me a suit." The importance and prestige of wearing an Italian-made tailored suit was slowly becoming a...
Sorry, that info came from an article in Cigar Afficionado, some 10 yrs ago, and it was about Brioni. If my source is wrong (they quoted a letter of Gramsci's father to young Antonio, that he should make at least one good suit with Brioni) I am wrong! But, as the Italians will say, si non e verro, e ben trovato!