or Connect

Posts by koolhistorian

"Dark brown" is really dark - I would say "ebony" or in italian "testa de moro", so check with your shoes, the most "normal" brown is the "medium brown" and with its variations - cognac (brandy) with consistent yellow shade or mahogany with a consistent red shade. So if you have a really dark pair of shoes it will go with "marron fonce" (ad litteram "dark chestnut").
Ditto for me, better than jeans or khakis!
Try the Mob Boss and the stripper dame look - DB with large stripes "Zoot", spats, large brim fedora... add the spice ... If asked what kind of business is, you say "Murder Inc."
Well, the burgundy blazer question is pretty tricky - had one 15 years ago, felt under the scissors of my ex-wife when she had done my first "sartorial culling". She got a good point, you cannot, despite any good cut or fabric, to evade the "attendant" look. With the navy blazer - that's simple - I wear it with gingham or butcher stripe shirts, dark grey flannels, good shoes, it has an impeccable fit (I never wear blazer and khakis) so it is out of the question that I am...
Frankly, I get horrified by stories like this! I cannot understand why intelligent people can get in such a state (aside total hybris). I would not wash my car in an outfit like that, and probably, if someone will point in face of the students like this, he/she would have to have an explanation with the dean. I can understand statements or being sartorially challenged, or just not to care, but looking like a bum is too much!
Dark grey, navy, red, pink, gold ... the list can continue. In fact, it depends on the shade of pink and the rest of the outfit. If you take pink as a primary color (washed red) then you can go with both different shades of red, or any other primary color, plus the non - colors (white-black).
Yes, both, orange in the day, gold as more "dressed"!
For me #1 as a primary choice (more on Johnny Goodman side than Johnny Depp side), combined with #3 (#2 I can handle). For the "if you can afford" - here in Central Europe you can get a decent bespoke at lesser prices than a "brand" made in china, glued suit.
Only if you work for Garibaldi... Casual it's ok with me...
Try classic british made fabrics. I find the nice italian ones less durable (my experience with Zegna). With two pairs of pants and some extra fabric to do the repairs can last more than 5 years of intense wear.