or Connect

Posts by koolhistorian

Are you going to be posted abroad, or are you starting in the Peruvian MFA? Generally speaking: shirts, drop the lavender and the playful. Buy whites and blues. Period. French cuffs. Buy silk knots, they cost near nothing, they are very versatile and elegant, invest in a pair of gold cufflinks, plain design (square or oval), monogrammed. Shoes - black captoe oxfords. You do not need the oxblood. Be aware of the quality, buy the best you can afford. Suits - the grey one...
I have a pair of Alfred Sargents (you can source them with some patience on the e-bay at better prices) which are the best fitting shoes in my wardrobe, and breaking them was not painful. Very good leather - looks non-corrected grain, they look dull before the first waxing - polishing, but then they reveal a glorious, warm brown - comfortable, well constructed. With the Church's everyone on the net says that after the Prada merger they lost quality, and the "bookbinder"...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pylon It is indeed a terminal Master's program in International Relations. The other programs mentioned, for example the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton, are more focused on International Affairs with a heavy emphasis on public policy and economics. I'm a communicator, creative, academic-type and work well with people, relationships, messages... I'm not a numbers kinda guy. I'm also considering the Syracuse University...
Frankly, I am doing that! And doing in quality, not quantity) a) Go bespoke with my suits and coats! Suits: 2 grays 4 seasons, 1 summer weight (done), 1 navy pinstripe DB 6x4 (for formal occasions, here even a DJ it will look out of the crowd), 2-3 PoW for day wear (1 done, 1 in process), Jackets and sport coats 1 4 seasons navy blazer, cashmere (done), 1 summer navy blazer (done), 5 sports jackets (2 done, 3 to go) - assortment of tweeds Pants: Drop the jeans, take...
I know that it seems an overshot, but the rationale behind was that, even if lining should be a natural soft leather, we really do not know for how long it had been left to dry (the time between the moment in which the shoe was produced and the time when you start wearing it), and also the fact that it takes a lot of salty moisture (sweat). As I said, it felt like going crazy when I've started the post, but then I thought that one of the things that a good shoemaker will...
Yep, Crema Alpina is Nubiana rebranded for Bata store, in fact is one of the few things worth to be bought from them!
Depends on what suits are you carrying with you, temperature, etc. If you are having with you one gray suit for more formal meetings, you can take two pairs of gray pants to complement your blazer and sport coat. My preference will go with the one on the left - it goes good with both gray, navy and even olive flannels. Or take a dark grey herring bone ... In fact, when you are traveling, nobody expects you to change in a different outfit every day. If you have a fair...
Ok, probably I'm running completely crazy but today, when putting some Crema Alpina on a pair of shoes (after wear, before trees) I've put some conditioner also on the lining, thinking that it has also to be nourished. Some other people done that before?
In the quality order : Harvie and Hudson (very classic english, they offer their shirts both FC and button 2b) TM Lewin - better cut and fabric than CT. My preference is H&H, and the price difference is not significative.