or Connect

Posts by koolhistorian

Clean the layers of cream and polish that were accumulated over time.
Here is the advice I gave to another fellow in misery - even if I've lost a lot of weight : "Some tips from a "rotund" fellow: MTM is the real option - go bespoke if you have the money ! Avoid like hell baggy clothes - go as fitter as you can, a little bit of structure in tailoring will be better; A coat will elongate and slim you more than you can tell - so avoid the khaki - OCBD - tie combo; either go tieless + SC (with a nice Pocket Square) or just wear a SC+tie, if it...
It happened because you applied polish in the same place and it had "overloaded" with polish and water. Let it dry for a night and start it again with smaller quantities. Or strip down everything with turpentine or Renomat and start again. Check also your water levels on your polishing rag.
1. What have I have to do ... (Do I go CBD, Creative BD, just baggy jeans and chukkas) 2. Inspiration - More flamboyant or not; 3. Pick the suit or SC and pants 4. Pick the Tie 5. Match a Shirt 6. Decide on shoes; 7. Accessories - PS, socks, watch. Takes max 10 mins.
3% corn starch in spray water (if you want some scent, add a few drops of essential oil in the concoction). Better than comercial sprays, they have silicon added.
1. Trial jacket is a jacket made from cotton fabric that is made to test the pattern, not for wearing - just not to start cutting the real fabric. 2. Good english fabric makers (or sellers) - Holland and Sherry, Dormeuil, H. Lesser, Harrissons, JJ Minnis - see the Unfunded Liabilities thread or the discussions on the Cutter and Tailor forum (separate from this). My advice is to go with a staple suit - Navy or Grey - keep it relatively simple and classic a 2 buttons, notch...
Frankly, 1000 dolars for Cut Make Trim (sorry for using the acronyms) is pretty steep for a country like Brasil, he looks like being a local star! Probably you can find at a lesser price, if not go for it. Take care about some Zegna fabrics (those with a lot of cashmere inside) because they are prone of piling - mostly inside legs. I would suggest a British fabric - better made. Take care and have a good interpreter (even if you can do a lot with gestures with a tailor)....
My 2 euro cents - ask him how much it will be a CMT for a blazer (SC), frankly because there you see the tailor's skill. If the price is ok, buy over e-bay a decent POW SC length (just to see how the pattern alignment is done, details, etc) for something like 50 pounds or less and give it a try. The other technique is to enquire old customers - the brazilian gents I've met were always good dressers (ok, mainly diplomats) so there is a chance that they were using very good...
You add moisture with each wear , sorry to say. On the other hand, if it is about a pair of shoes that was worn by an unknown person, I just prefer to be on the safe side - if totally obsessed you can add a silica pouch to absorb moisture. And use for a time a anti fungal talcum powder ....