or Connect

Posts by koolhistorian

Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Neutral polish should work with no harm, neutral shoe cream do it better , and shoe conditionor will also do the work. Well, if you really want to remove (nice looking patina) neutral cream or polish, and if you go for the big one - turpentine.
Quote: Originally Posted by The Louche There hasn't been a ton of conversation here about this, surprisingly. I had a good suit completely drenched in the rain yesterday. The coat is still damp and kind of puckered up this morning. I am planning on having the suit cleaned by my (very good) cleaner, but I'm still concerned about things like blown-out seams. I've had suits drenched before, but it has been years ago. Back then I didn't care or know as...
Quote: Originally Posted by Darron B Have a bit of a dilema, I am 44 and shall we say a little overweight. i am trying to sort my wordrobe out and could do with a little help as to what looks good and what to avoid. I dont like printed t-shirts, sloppy jeans etc as i dont want to look like one of those guys who dresses to young for his age and end up just looking sad. always looked good when i was younger but seen to have lost my way a bit, being...
[quote=rabiesinfrance;3312410] Quote: Originally Posted by Pengranger X-posted Tricker's Piccadilly The "Piccadilly" is on the 4537 last, The 1829 Collection: This range of classic favourites with contemporary styling, using fine leathers on a modern last follows Tricker's tradition of quality bench-made shoes. (Tricker's website) Looks traditional to me! Is the 'modern last' elongated or chiseled or something? It is similiar to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Frihed89 I am leaning toward a Brogue from C&J or Trickers. I prefer the lighter colors of Trickers, but wonder how they will look when rained upon in Copenhagen? I am prepared to be flexible. I will check out those two shops and John Rushton if I have time on foot. Mine were quite good after being rained in Brussels! I second Trickers as the best quality/price ratio in english shoes!
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness Austrian culture = German culture More or less. American culture = British culture Austrian culture has lesser in common with the German culture (or at least in the last 140 years) as the American Culture has with British. In fact Vienna has more to do with Milan and Venice (not to speak about Prague and Budapest) that with Berlin or Leipzig (some to do with Munich or Cologne, but that is another...
A. Social convention says that you cannot go outside of your house naked - so you need clothes! On the other hand, if you are not living on a Pacific tropical island, you will need a form of clothing to protect you from the elements, sun included! B. Quality wise I think that after a certain price you are paying the label, rather than quality, or the amount of exotic materials (or labor) included in that product - e.g. I do not think that a pair of Edward Green are 2 times...
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel I don't know why there is so much antipathy to metal buttons on blazers in iGent land. To me, they are the distinguishing aspect of the blazer. I have six blazers--five have metal buttons, the sixth and most recent has smoked mother of pearl. I chose the MOP for the last because it was a summer weight and more a French blue, not navy. I just felt the MOP would be a better look. I think it has to do with...
Not very much, they are on sale now!
Quote: Originally Posted by aj_del Whats the difference between a navy sports coat and a navy blazer ? Only the buttons ? Is this a navy sport coat and can I convert it into a navy blazer if I change the buttons ? Yep Put some MOP or tortoiseshell ones - as in whnay's Rubinacci at it will look good! For the purist it will not be a blazer because it is a SB, but you can call it a blazer!