or Connect

Posts by koolhistorian

Oxfords with suits is a very anglo-saxon UCBD principle - in continental europe the divide is more black/other colors. My personal approach is the following - very business suits - i.e. worsteds, plain or stripes with "dress" oxfords or derbies (captoe black oxfords or derbies, brown oxfords, captoe or whole cut), less city suits - i.e. flannels, visible PoW, etc. - black or brown shoes with brogueing, tweeds, onfly brown derbies or very heavy brogues. Of course this is a...
St Crispins are made in Romania too - quality is not geo based, but dependent on how the client will build the production brief. Do not in the same basket CE Europe with China - there is a tradition of craftsmanship and industrial that goes back for centuries.
Any Bata shop.
Going trough that process in the last 3 years, I can tell you is not easy, but rewarding . What you need is a little bit of planning - you will need 2 - 3 pairs of good trousers, a blazer and half dozen shirts, which is very feasible in the budget you have, just to pass the autumn and winter, if all things good, next winter, you will "grow smaller" your clothes. In the UK, for one season clothes M&S is a good source, buy 2pairs of grey flannels, a pair of chinos, and you...
Clean the layers of cream and polish that were accumulated over time.
Here is the advice I gave to another fellow in misery - even if I've lost a lot of weight : "Some tips from a "rotund" fellow: MTM is the real option - go bespoke if you have the money ! Avoid like hell baggy clothes - go as fitter as you can, a little bit of structure in tailoring will be better; A coat will elongate and slim you more than you can tell - so avoid the khaki - OCBD - tie combo; either go tieless + SC (with a nice Pocket Square) or just wear a SC+tie, if it...
It happened because you applied polish in the same place and it had "overloaded" with polish and water. Let it dry for a night and start it again with smaller quantities. Or strip down everything with turpentine or Renomat and start again. Check also your water levels on your polishing rag.
1. What have I have to do ... (Do I go CBD, Creative BD, just baggy jeans and chukkas) 2. Inspiration - More flamboyant or not; 3. Pick the suit or SC and pants 4. Pick the Tie 5. Match a Shirt 6. Decide on shoes; 7. Accessories - PS, socks, watch. Takes max 10 mins.
3% corn starch in spray water (if you want some scent, add a few drops of essential oil in the concoction). Better than comercial sprays, they have silicon added.