or Connect

Posts by koolhistorian

I think the ladies section is more "usable" in practical terms - aside the obsession with black tights. If you see the info graph as aimed to educate people that think sandals with socks are acceptable for a meeting... It is a first step, not a condensed manual of sprezzatura!
And buy a good iron and an ironing board, too much steam is no good for your suits. Watch the YouTube videos of Tom Mahon (the English Cut) on how to touch up your garments, practice on a old pair of pants, and keep in mind that mostly anything in pressing can be corrected with water and heat!
Just have your pants re- pressed! And change the cleaner.
Tailors, in my experience, are "craftsmen" not stylists - they will be more interested in solving technical problems, rather than style problems, I.e. when you say "I want this suit on the lighter, softer side", how to build the canvass and padding, rather than the aesthetic of the suit. Traditionally, at least in my side of Europe, the client was the stylist (I am speaking for men's tailoring, ladies being another cup of tea), the master tailor and his team being in...
Nope! You will ruin it!
Try Pediwear!
In warm weather pants are not the issue, provided that they are unlined - a polyester lining can alter any blend or weave's ability to cope with heat (nothing against CT). What you need to do is to try to maximize the air flow between the layers of cloth that will give you the natural "refrigeration" I.e. Quick drying your sweat. Single breasted will wear cooler than DB, suspenders can restrict airflow, very fitted shirts also... After a certain temperature it will be hot,...
Hangs a lot better, but you will boil! For the very hot weather a quarter- lined coat and an unlined pants are essential, 10 oz (280 - 310 g) fabric will have enough drape, but you need to take care about construction - fused coats will be hotter than canvassed ones, more structured will be more than unstructured, lining is also important. For over 25 Celsius the best I can find is wool linen blend or mohair open weave (mohair is crisp enough at rather low weights), coping...
Bought a pair of Shakespeare II in Burgundy on their sale, arrived in approx. 24 h. (Working ones) from Exeter to Bucharest. Very versatile dub monk, leather soft, took well the polish (provided with the shoes), and if not raining today I will start the break in process. The only dilemma that I have is to Topy or not, because they are ment to be traveling shoes.
I am searching for the Holy Grail of travel hardware for 15 years at least - no real result! I have a soft 3 fold Delsey garnment bag that can take a suit, 3 shirts and a pair of shoe plus the necessary others - underwear, cosmetics, iPad, chargers, It will pass for carry-on if you smile to the lady at the counter. If I put my suit in a cleaners foil, plus a garment sleeve it will arrive wearable in the end. Other solution is the Manton's blazer suit - I pack a navy suit...