New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by 12345Michael54321

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/fashion/mens-style/donald-trump-brioni-martin-greenfield-suits.html
Yeah, I suspect that's true. But even if it goes over the heads of 90% of the population, that leaves 10% who do notice it. Several states last Tuesday were decided by a fraction of 1% of the state's voters - Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Michigan. Others by slight more than 1%, but less than 1.5% - Florida, Minnesota, Pennsylvania. Even admittedly trivial factors (and I fully agree that the fit of Trump's suit is a trivial factor) can rise to significance when things are that...
Many successful US politicians - various Governors, Senators, Representatives, the Vice-President Elect, etc. - presumably have the benefit of analysis regarding their clothes, yet keep their suit coats buttoned most of the time.Some others, including Donald Trump, typically do not keep them buttoned.Clearly, if one way is right and the other way is wrong, then yes, I suppose I am thinking that it may be the "unbuttoneds" who are wrong. Indeed, that they may even be in the...
What a British actor could get away with on a television series in the 1960s, can differ markedly from how an American politician should dress in the 21st century.Well obviously, the cut of his suit wasn't the main factor in his election. But since this is a clothing forum, I'm focusing on how he dresses. If this were, say, an elocution forum, I'd focus on his manner of speech. Were this a religious forum, I might focus on the significance of his personal faith in his...
Sure. For example, some ties are made from silk folded up to seven times to give the same heft and drape that other ties get from the use of a wool interlining.
I read on a website that the reason why Brooks Brothers refused to sell black suits in Fitzgerald cut for 100 years, is that when King Arthur was killed he was wearing a black tabard, and the Lady of the Lake placed a curse on black tabards that wouldn't be lifted until there was a South American pope.And I'm pretty sure they couldn't put it online, if it weren't true.
And if he had broad shoulders and a narrow waist, highlighting that with close-fitting suits might make some sense. But as he has broad shoulders and a... broad... waist, a close-fitting suit would simply make him look fat. And as a very general sort of thing, people equate obesity with lack of self-control and see it as a personal failure (perhaps wrongly, but that's how it's often perceived).True, generations ago, corpulence may have been perceived by Americans as a sign...
That would look a lot better if it were shorter and more slim-fitting. Otherwise, it looks like your father's tabard.
You may well be right. I don't usually pay that much attention to the children of political candidates, although given their involvement with their father's campaign, I at least occasionally noticed several of Donald Trump's children. Just not to the extent of knowing Donald Jr. from Eric. I only know Barron because he's the kid.It's been 8 years now, and I'm positive I could share an elevator with Obama's daughters, and have no idea who they are. Well, assuming the Secret...
But he was dressing like that long before he ever sought elected office, wasn't he? I could swear I'd seen him dressing that way going back a good 2-3 decades.I agree that if he used to dress differently, and then changed it to connect to voters, that would explain things. But if he were dressing that way to begin with, well, it just seems awfully coincidental that his "default" style happened to be one which best connects with voters.I'm tempted to suggest that he favors...
New Posts  All Forums: