or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Little known fact - one of the nephews, Joseph, was so impressed with how his uncle had taken to abbreviating "brothers" as "bros.," that he started going by the name "Jos."I read it on the Internet. And it's illegal to put stuff on the Internet if it isn't true.
That's some high quality stereotyping you're doing there, Reevolving. Very impressive.Quick, somebody name a major retailer whose wares I can dismiss as being being intended for scrawny young Eurotrash. It's not fair that only Reevolving gets to play this game.
Yes, it is sometimes acceptable. And it's sometimes not acceptable. And when it is acceptable, it can range from being a great choice, to being a poor choice. It depends greatly on the nature of the job for which you're interviewing.So it's kinda like having red wine with fish. I'd probably strongly prefer black shoes, if it were a charcoal suit sort of job interview. But again, it depends.And sleekness in this area is highly desirable why, exactly?Look, clearly, you...
It's a good menswear reference manual for time period it covers - basically, the 20th century prior to 1972. It's certainly not perfect. Its current day relevance is in many ways limited - since many things really have changed since the mid-20th century. Even within the time and place with which it concerns itself, it's not always unbiased, nor always correct. I say this on the basis of having examined a copy, years back. If I found a copy at a yard sale, priced at $5,...
I have no idea. Some local cobblers do brilliant work. Some are lazy, dishonest, or incompetent. Most fall somewhere between those extremes.Since I know nothing about your local cobbler, I can't say to what extent I'd trust him to work on my shoes. (And that's even before I'd have to decide whether he's worth what he'd charge to do the job.)
Woven leather belts tend to be relatively casual.If you were asking about wearing one with, say, a pair of chinos and a button down shirt (no sport coat), I'd say it's absolutely fine - a near perfect match in terms of formality, really.And while upping the ante from chinos to wool trousers does make things a little less casual, it's not a remarkably dramatic differerence. So yeah, I'd say it's still okay to wear the woven belt - maybe not the absolutely best belt choice,...
One could just as readily maintain that such a contrast between shirt and tie is a good thing. Me? I'd want to see the shirt and tie together, before forming an opinion as to whether they work.But ultimately, if you're the one wearing them, and you don't find the combination pleasing, then you're right - it looks "off." To you. Which is reason enough to avoid the pairing.
No matter what style might dictate, reality always has the last word.If it's -20 degrees (C. or F.) and snowing, and you're going to be outdoors for any non-trivial length of time, wear whatever will best protect you from the cold. If that means a parka, then wear a parka.Normally, even when it's very cold - admittedly, not 20 deg. below, but still well below freezing - I can get by with a full length cashmere topcoat over my suit, maybe a pair of lined leather gloves, and...
Chukkas are a little like green neckties, in that at some points in the fashion cycle they're more popular than at others, but even when at the nadir of their popularity, one can still wear them. Naturally, wearing chukkas (or a green necktie) can be a terrible idea in certain places and situations. But that's true for anything one might wear.
I've edited the above, to get to the crux of the matter.You like the length. Assuming you have confidence in your taste and judgement, that means the length is fine. Don't go changing the length of something whose length you already like.If you've little confidence in your taste and judgement, then post a photo of you wearing the coat in question - which is worth 1000 words describing the coat to us - and ask for opinions as to length. Then do whatever the majority want....