or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

What he said.Also, I've never bought into the belief that "Bigger, shorter guys should go with vertical pinstripes for an elongating affect." (And it's "effect," not "affect.") Even though I know it's said all the time, and lots of people accept it as an article of faith.Ultimately, if you're standing around taller people, you're going to look sort of short. This is as true if you're 5'6" and standing around six footers, as it is if you're 6' tall and standing around NBA...
Brown wool pants, cuffed. Ecru OCBD shirt. Black silk knit tie. Dark brown AE Patriot penny loafers. Brown leather 1" wide belt with Tiffany & Co. sterling silver engine turned buckle bearing the initials HUH. Brown over-the-calf merino wool socks. Cream-colored linen pocket square. A pair of RayBan Clubmaster sunglasses w/faux tortoise shell frames. Lands' End white broadcloth boxers. A vintage Tissot Seastar wristwatch on a brownish-red strap of either crocodile or...
Nearly any man can look good in a properly fitting suit. This holds true if you're 5'10" with a short torso, 6'10" with a long torso, 4'10" with a medium torso, etc.The idea of not being "decent-heighted enough" to wear a suit is without merit. Akin to worrying that one is too brown-haired to drive a car.
Brooks Bros. Admittedly, I haven't shopped for a tuxedo from Brooks in some years, and I'm sure that some of their tuxedos these days are from the fashion forward and overly close-fitting school. But I can't imagine that they no longer offer any classic tuxedos. And almost certainly for considerably less than your price limit.
I'm sure there are theoretical reasons for holding that one type is vastly superior to the other. But as a real world, practical matter, I very strongly suspect that either type is perfectly adequate, and that you'd have no need to fret over having chosen a JAB full-toe tree over a Woodlore Ultra split-toe tree. Feel free to buy the cheap trees. Do not look back, and do not second guess your decision.
Not for me. (And cultivate patience. Sometimes it takes more than an hour for a thread to garner any responses.)
One can nitpick over the height of the domed buttons and whatnot, but the practical, real world answer is that so long as the blazer in question fits you properly, it will serve you well in nearly any of the many, many situations where a navy blazer would be appropriate.
Okay, I'll take a swing at this one.In my opinion, a 13 year old boy should dress for church in a manner which takes into account such factors as his own tastes and preferences, those of his parents, and the norms of the church in question.There. That's a nice, meaninglessly vague answer, to what ultimately is a meaninglessly vague question.I've attended religious services in houses of worship where a 13 year old boy would have been the subject of talk if he'd shown up not...
You've stated that you have no experience matching pocket squares to outfits. Such being the case, do yourself a favor and keep it simple. Solid white is simple. White with a narrow colored border is simple. Even navy with white dots is simple.The pocket square in question is not simple. (Nor particularly versatile.)I see that you've expressed an interest in "sprezzing up the accessories." But sprezzatura is about "studied carelessness." It's not precisely a synonym for...
It's acceptable to wear them with pants with loops, but perhaps somewhat more aesthetically pleasing to wear them with pants lacking belt loops.However, it's not as simple as dropping a few hundred dollars getting the belt loops removed from your existing pants. Since ideally, pants meant to be worn with braces will fit somewhat differently from those meant to be worn with belts. This is why, when you're getting bespoke pants, one of the key things your tailor will ask you...