or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Underwear is a pretty personal choice. What one guy likes, the next may hate.Fortunately, a pair of briefs isn't all that expensive. Go buy a few pairs that seem likely to meet your needs, and chances are you'll wind up liking one pair most of all, and then you can simply buy more of that one.If you were to explain exactly which Fruit of the Looms briefs you're currently wearing, and precisely how they fall short of your expectations, it might be possible to make a helpful...
I've been to a non-trivial number of funerals over the years, but can't recall ever seeing anyone not in military or law enforcement uniform wearing a black armband at a funeral. Of course, customs do differ widely, so I'm not suggesting you're wrong to wear a black armband, LA Guy. And I realize that mourning armbands were in fairly common use thru the mid-20th century. As for this thread belonging in the menswear advice section... a large percentage of the threads on SF...
"No mourning wear" is a rather nebulous request. I'd wear a dark suit, white shirt, and conservative necktie. If challenged on my choice of clothing (ridiculously poor manners, that), I'd explain that I'm wearing "businesswear," or "churchwear," or somesuch. If the family of the deceased have some specific dress code in mind - everybody wear a purple bow tie, everyone wear tennis clothes, everyone wear jeans and t-shirts, etc. - let them come right out and inform people...
If you wear 7EEE Parks Avenues and Strands, I'd recommend you try size 7EEE in other shoes, as well. It may not always be the right size, but it's pretty much the best place to start. 'Course, if you can't try them on before buying, you'd be wise to buy only with an easy, inexpensive, and clearly spelled out return policy from the seller.
Right. The same way that modern heating has rendered the sweater outmoded, such that someone under the age of 50 has probably never even seen one.
As GBR note, "finance" covers an awful lot of ground. And "office wear" is similarly broad. So let me ask you - at your place of work, do men with positions roughly comparable to yours sometimes wear suits similar to the one in question? If they do, then it's likely that the suit in question is suitable for office wear at your place of work. If they do not, then you'd be taking more of a risk in wearing it to your place of work. It's really not a complicated...
Wear it with black shoes of roughly equivalent formality.Unless the belt or the shoes are way out of the ordinary, that general rule will serve you just fine.
I think a good argument could be made that that was not in any sense a dress shirt. Never mind that it had buttons up the front and a collar.(Obligatory "I'm as patriotic as the next guy" disclaimer.)
Leather is the traditional material out of which footwear (including the soles of shoes) is crafted. This has been so for many generations. During that time, countless leather-soled shoes have been exposed to rain. It's not typically been a huge problem for most people.This doesn't mean that leather soles are necessarily the best choice for wear in extremely wet conditions. But if you have them on your feet once in a while on a moderately rainy day, it's okay. Let your...
And, indeed, often it's better that they not be a perfect match. So long as the colors are similar enough to work together harmoniously, you're probably fine. With some maintaining that extreme attention to getting a perfect match can actually be a negative thing, like spending 10 minutes fussily arranging a pocket square.