or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

While I strongly dislike the short jacket look, I have to admit that it does kind of make sense as paired with the tight (excuse me, "closely-fitted") jacket look, which has also been trendy for a few years now. I mean, the combination of too short and too snug is a natural one, in a way. The combination results in a generally "too small" appearance, which does seem to be the current goal of various designers and the like. By contrast, an overly long and overly tight...
No matter how terrible the idea, a handful of pictures illustrating it can be found somewhere on the Internet, and some people somewhere will opine that it seems pretty good to them.Nevertheless, the "navy jacket with gold buttons, worn with matching pants as a sort of suit" look is almost never seen, and is generally held to be a bad look. So don't do it.BTW, the picture at the link you provided, while illustrating a laughably poorly fitting jacket, does feature a male...
There are many, many possibilities. So many that the question is almost pointless. But to the extent that you want people to suggest things, I'll suggest what's probably the most "traditional" pairing with a navy blazer and grey pants - a while shirt and burgundy tie.
In London, Ohio, maybe. For London, England, perhaps not as good a piece of advice.
With less than 2 weeks until the wedding, I'd be reluctant to risk ordering online, given additional alterations time, and the possibility of a delay in shipping or delivery.So it could be your best move is to buy locally. And as you've neglected to say where you're located, it's not really possible to say from whom you should buy for locally.FWIW, while all trousers are certainly NOT created equal, I've long believed that proper fit matters much more than does almost...
Tender Buttons143 E. 62nd St.New York, NY 10065phone: (212) 758-7004fax: (212) 319-8474website: tenderbuttons-nyc.comemail: info@tenderbuttons-nyc.comshop hours: M-F 10:30 - 6:00, Sat 10:30 - 5:30Oop, I didn't realize Fred G. Unn had already answered. Well, at least I provided some additional information. Tender Buttons really is the button store in NYC. Although admittedly, there are a few places, especially (obviously) in the garment district, worth visiting, if...
Hard to go wrong with a white dress shirt. Yeah, it's nice that the days when one had to wear a white shirt with a suit are over. But just because it's no longer the only acceptable shirt choice, doesn't mean it's not sometimes a perfectly sound choice.I don't like it unless you're wearing a tuxedo. It says to me, "I'm going for the black tie look, but I lack the balls to do it right and put on a tux."Even if it doesn't mean this, that's just the first thing that occurs to...
First, the model could use a shave. I'd like the suit a lot more if it were a little longer. (For that matter, I'd also prefer wider lapels and losing the ticket pocket, and to be perfectly honest, I just don't care for trim-fitting suits in the first place, but since you're offering this suit for comment, I have to assume that this is the sort of suit you like.) I'd like to know what percentage of the suit is wool, and what percentage is linen, but the J. Crew website...
Over the decades, I've owned many, many suits (as that's what I wear most days, and this has been the case for a very long time), and the overwhelming majority of them have featured cuffed pants, so I'd have to say "yes."But I appreciate that in many countries cuffed pants are far less common than they are in the US. (Much as French cuff shirts are far more popular in many other countries than they are in the US.) Since you haven't indicated where you are located...I would...
Look, I dislike warm weather. A lot. I'm much happier in January than I am in July. And I even know that summer heat kills far, far more people than does winter cold.But for Dog's sake man, it's May. Not August. And it's Maryland. Not Death Valley.Looking at the National Weather Service's forecast for my own little corner of Baltimore County, Maryland, for the coming week, there's not a single day which is predicted to have a high temperature exceeding 73 degrees. And not...