or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

It's perfectly acceptable to do so.
I dislike using the term "bespoke" for such an arrangement. "Bespoke" ought to be reserved for situations involving multiple fittings of the suit. Not just a situation where a tailor visits a foreign country, takes measurements from customers, then goes back home to run up the suits and ship them to their owners.
Briefcases are rarely appropriate at formal events.Typically, non-glossy. Although I suppose it doesn't matter a tremendous amount when traveling on a plane, train, boat, etc.Since you're asking about "professional work as a lawyer," I'm guessing you're either a lawyer, or are at least on the way to becoming one.If you're already a lawyer, surely you can look around and see what sort of briefcase is generally deemed desirable by your colleagues. Even if you're not yet a...
You're welcome.Now I've got to turn you on to wool OTC socks. They're even better than bamboo/cotton. (Plus, in many cases, "bamboo" socks are simply rayon socks, with the rayon derived from bamboo.)Oh, and to head off the anticipated objection, wool socks are not unusually warm, and they aren't just for cold weather. Wool socks can actually be quite comfortable even when temperatures are not at all frosty.
It depends entirely on office norms and the local interpretation of "business professional." Because nobody here (other than you) has any idea where you will be doing your internship and how people there dress, it is impossible to provide you with a meaningful answer to your question. Might you be visiting the place in question between now and the start of your internship? If so, keep your eyes open and notice what sort of ties people are wearing. Otherwise, play it safe...
A patterned shirt could work. But it'd be a very tricky thing to do well.Rule of thumb - If you have to ask, you lack the expertise to pull off this virtuoso move. Stick with the enormously safer option and go for a solid color.
No, those are Seiko 5 Sports watches. You've indicated you're interested in a dress watch, not a sports watch.
It's not the way it's supposed to be. It's less of a fashion faux pas than showing up at a black tie event in board shorts and an "I'm with stupid" t-shirt, but... I don't know... maybe more of a faux pas than wearing white metal cuff links with a yellow metal belt buckle, or something pretty trivial like that.Unless your jacket has working buttonholes (which most don't) getting the sleeves shortened a little is a See-Spot-run level alteration. Quick, extremely basic, and...
You're fine. Stop worrying about this.No man looks his best if he's constantly second guessing his choice of clothing; that's a rookie mistake. Put on your grey suit, tell yourself that it's appropriate for the occasion and that you look good in it. Then devote no further thought to your choice of attire and instead focus on more important things during the course of the evening. Like your words, your behavior, and the people with whom you'll interact at this gala.
If the requirements call for "a nice, traditional, durable watch that will tell me the time and not look of place with a suit," there are many thousands of contenders in your price range. You could go to amazon.com and spend a few hours looking at what's available there. Your desire that it have all the numerals cuts the field down a lot. For various stylistic reasons, only a small percentage of watches will feature the numbers 1 thru 12 on the dial - and an even smaller...