or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

It would be helpful if you'd tell us where you're located.eBay's trustworthiness isn't really the issue. What you should care about is whether the party from whom you're buying, via eBay, is trustworthy.Some sellers - the vast majority, in my experience - are trustworthy. If the seller has a feedback score near 100%, over an extended period of time and a large number of transactions, and if the listing contains a great deal of relevant information and photos, it is highly...
Probably 95+% of the time, when one thinks a sportcoat might actually be an orphan suit coat, that's exactly what it is. It's like, nearly always there's a little voice inside one's head, saying, "You know very well that this is an orphan suit coat." But one refuses to accept this obvious truth, and instead clings to a microscopic hope that maybe, just maybe, against all odds, someone online somewhere will opine that it might be a sportcoat. And things aren't helped by...
I don't dislike cardigans, but I dislike the "cardigan-like" item in question. Of course, the angle at which the picture is taken is horrible, and quite possibly exaggerates the piece's flaws. But I'm pretty sure that even with a much better picture, it'd still merit a thumbs down.
Wasn't Watches With Boots a member of the Hekawi tribe, on F-Troop?
Assuming shoes are of at least decent quality, and that you take proper care of them, it wouldn't be unusual to get many years - several decades, even - of use out of them before they have to be thrown out.Although even if this weren't so, I still wouldn't recommend wearing those awful slip-ons with a grey suit.
A double breasted suit can look good on a portly man, a slender man, a tall man, a short man, a young man, an old man, etc. It depends on the suit. How it's cut. How it fits. And on one's personal taste.
I don't like the shirt. (It's too dark.)I don't care for wearing a tie without a jacket (or at least a sweater, if seasonally appropriate).I don't think a black tie is the best choice to wear with a moderately dark blue shirt. At least, not in this case.I don't think the fact that the pants are grey chinos and the shoes black really changes any of the above. Although, as I mentioned previously, wearing chinos to a wedding where most of the other male guests will be wearing...
Yeah, what Murlsquirl said. Neither of the combinations you offered really appeal to me. In No. 1, the pairing of a dark blue shirt with slightly different shade of dark blue pants is just awful. In No. 2, well, wearing a black shirt to a wedding doesn't strike me as a great choice. Of the footwear choices, the shoes are likely the least bad option, although I can't really tell much about the shoes from the small picture. BTW, in your post you mention suits. The...
The tie tuck thing is one of those looks which tends to look much better in carefully posed photos of models, than in real life.
Everything from 3-piece suits, to boxers and t-shirts.You have to specify which men and which home. Because what a 19 year old gas station attendant wore in his rented room in rural Alabama, could differ from what a 53 year old bank president wore in his Main Line house in suburban Philadelphia.The three piece suit was far more common then, than it is today. True. And wearing a hat was almost mandatory in most non-casual situations. Also in many casual situations. You can...