or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Wear a white shirt.A peacock blue blazer with tiny black dots... Lord give me strength.
Okay, I'll disagree to that one. Although I've heard others claim that the taller the cuffs (turnups), the shorter one appears. So it seems both sides have their supporters on this one.Me? I think that what makes a person appear tall or short is something near that person by which relative height may be judged. If one is 5'7" tall, but standing in a group of people who are 5'2" in height, he's going to strike onlookers as being a tall man (assuming no other overpowering...
I may have been overly hasty in my response.Yes and no.I definitely see cardigans as reflecting small business. When it comes to corporate headquarters, in urban centers, where conservative business attire is the norm (which is what I was thinking about when I wrote my response to Calculon88), not so much. It just strikes me as being too... folksy or bucolic, maybe? I readily concede that this may say more about my own biases and background than anything else, of...
In terms of conservative business attire, it's usually (not always, but usually) best to avoid overly skinny ties. However 5/6 cm isn't ridiculously narrow, so depending on your build, your suit, and your workplace, it may well be fine.As for the tie being black, no, black ties are not solely limited to "black tie" evening wear. There is substantial tradition supporting the wearing of a black silk knit or grenadine for a wide variety of purposes. (While perhaps dated...
For business, I'd stick with a crew neck or a v-neck. Not a cardigan or anything with zippers, as I consider cardigans and sweaters with zippers to be insufficiently businesslike.Oh, I suppose a sweater vest would also be okay, but preferably under a jacket.Since you say the ID badge needs to be displayed at all times, I'd say on a lanyard hanging on the outside of your sweater.Hey, I agree that maybe it's not the most sophisticated of looks, but if your employer requires...
Can they even be termed chinos, if they're made of velvet?
Neither one is inherently more versatile for everyday business casual wear than is the other.
When oranje88 posts a picture of himself in a blood red shirt, we'll know to pin the blame on you, emidyl.
Why not just wear rubber overshoes (galoshes) over your office-appropriate shoes?Once you're indoors, pull off the galoshes, stuff them into a plastic bag (I prefer Zip-Lock), and stash them in your desk, briefcase, messenger bag, etc.While there are many makes, styles, and colors from which to choose, my Totes galoshes ran me the princely sum of $7.50, on sale at Jos. A. Bank. Seems like an inexpensive, easy, highly effective solution to the problem of protecting nice...
That depends greatly on your specific needs, tendencies, and preferences. You know, things like the setting where the shoes will be worn, whether you love or hate loafers, whether you wear conservative suits an average of 6 days per week, or jeans 6 days per week, are your feet a size 14EEE or an 8B, all sorts of things like that.Without knowing more about you, it's just not possible to provide a meaningful suggestion.Why not tell us which shell cordovan AE shoes you...