or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Yeah, Hober is generally more than a two week wait. That's why I mentioned that it'd be my choice if time weren't critical. But, similar to what I recently asked in response to another post in this thread, just how necessary is it that you get the tie in two weeks or less? I can understand that you might want to wear a nice tie to some scheduled event in two weeks time, but almost any tie can go perfectly well with the plain grey suit you mention. Wear some tie you...
Either could be a perfectly fine choice.Me? If I had to choose between those two, I'd go with the Kent Wang, simply because it'd save me around $50 over the cost of the VFC, and it comes in a choice of widths and lengths (and I prefer a 62" tie to a 57" tie).But if it weren't a time critical thing, I'd choose to go with a Sam Hober grenadine, rather than either of your choices.
As has been suggested, Lands' End. Specifically, I'd recommend their Year'rounder line.You have indicated that ordering from Lands' End could be a problem, as you need the pants within the week.If, by this, you're implying that mail order is out, and you need to purchase at a local store... well, you haven't told us where you are. Tough to recommend a local store, without knowing where "local" is.Bear in mind, you can buy from Lands' End today. Pay a few bucks extra for...
Many good alternatives exist. There are dozens (hundreds, more likely) of sources of quality wooden hangers of various sorts, ranging from Jos. A. Bank during a "Buy 1, Get 2 FREE!!!" sale, to amazon.com, to places like HangersandHangers.com and ClosetHangerFactory.com , and so on . Many of my hangers come from HangerClassics.com .FWIW, my personal experience has been that it's pretty easy and affordable to find quality shirt hangers. Quality pants hangers are almost as...
Okay. Are you going to post a picture of yourself in the dress?Since I don't think a black suit fits the occasion, the question of which shirt to pair with the black suit strikes me as largely irrelevant. Like asking whether a purple "I'm With Stupid" t-shirt is more appropriate than a green "I'm With Stupid" t-shirt, when attending grandpa's funeral.Then again, wearing a shirt and tie without a jacket (okay, or maybe a sweater, in season) also strikes me as unfortunate....
I would imagine the difference is that the handkerchief you're carrying around in your inside or pants pocket may already have been used by you to wipe your runny nose. Whereas your pocket square, since it's seldom used for anything other than display, is very likely to be clean.Since it's better manners to offer someone a handkerchief which they can readily presume to be unsoiled...I don't recall ever having been explicitly taught that this was the rationale for favoring...
The pin should sort of pin the pocket lining closed (assuming the pocket's construction permits this), to keep a pocket square from falling too far down into the pocket. I didn't mean to suggest the pocket square be pinned in place. Pocket squares pinned in place, like pocket squares wrapped around pieces of cardboard, are abominations.But yeah, there do seem to be a number of pocket square threads going on. Which is silly, since if you're that concerned about how to wear...
And we have a possible sort of explanation.Pretty much. It's, like, the pocket square equivalent of wearing a clip-on tie. More to the point, if this is what's caused people to ask you if you're wearing a notecard in your pocket (which seems possible), wouldn't that pretty much indicate that it's a practice you might want to discontinue?If you're going to wear your pocket square folded, wear a cotton or linen pocket square. Cotton and linen have more... body... than does...
It's not uncommon to encounter a woman shedding tears at a funeral, or immediately thereafter.While I don't actually own any Charvet pocket squares, I do typically wear a plain white pocket square when attending a funeral. (A colorful, patterned pocket square might be inappropriate for such a somber occasion, but a folded white square is entirely unobjectionable.)Neither is it all that unusual to find a woman crying (not generally out of sorrow, of course) at a...
If you can't afford to use your $200 Charvet for the purpose for which it was intended, you can't afford to wear a $200 Charvet.I'm not necessarily suggesting that if you need to wipe your nose you should reach for your $200 pocket square, instead of the $2 JAB cotton handkerchief in your pants pocket.I am suggesting if you're with a lady who is weeping, it is quite proper to offer her your white pocket square. In fact, to fail to do can suggest that you are a cad. And if...