or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

The length looks okay to me.As you note, the "pinch shirt cuff while putting one's arm into jacket sleeve" approach is time tested and can prove fairly effective.I can't believe that nobody's marketing some device which clips onto one's shirt sleeve cuff, and anchors to one's finger, preventing the shirt sleeve from riding up when one puts on a jacket. Surely, tens of thousands could be sold at $17.95 each, resulting in the brilliant inventor/marketer reaping a substantial...
I assumed it was Photoshopped.Of course, approximately 99% of major fashion advertising photos are Photoshopped, nor is there anything inherently wrong with using Photoshop within certain limits. It's when the Photoshopping is overdone that it becomes a problem. I think it's been overdone in this case.Concentration camp chic. Heroin chic is so yesterday.BTW, I think the model's complexion is slightly more tan than the ideal. It looks like he was almost certainly exposed to...
You'd probably be better off buying two pairs of boots - one which goes well with suits, and another which goes well with jeans.I know you'd like to find one pair which goes well with everything. Unfortunately, you're much more likely to wind up with one pair which is a mediocre match for everything, and an excellent match for nothing. It's like buying a Swiss Army knife, because it gives you 47 tools in one. Sure, it's convenient and inexpensive, but none of those tools...
I agree with loarbmhs; the jacket sleeves could stand to be just a little longer. I don't agree with him with regard to the buttons. The jacket buttons don't seem freakishly large to me, although I accept that judging their precise size is difficult in a small picture. But in any case, it's a blazer. Blazer buttons are permitted - some might even argue, expected - to call more attention to themselves than are most other sport coat buttons, or certainly most suit coat...
Oh, then that is a suit. I wasn't sure at first, seeing as how it more closely resembles an overly short blue jacket whose lapels have been shrunk down to practically nothing by an evil wizard, worn with a pair of blue tights.However, I will allow as how the color is unobjectionable.
A wise decision.All too often on SF, someone asks for help in finding, say, a pair of shoes that would go well with a conservative charcoal suit, a seersucker sports coat, chinos and an OCBD, and jeans and t-shirt. Adopting such an approach inevitably results in a choice which is, at best, tolerable with a moderately wide variety of items, but a truly excellent match with few or none. I think of it as the Swiss Army Knife approach - sure, you get 47 tools in one small...
As opposed to every other color, which are also mostly worn by folks who don't know or care about proper fit.
Jos A Bank dates back to 1905. It's 108 years old.In the early 1980s, JAB had all of 11 stores. It was at this time that the Bank family sold the company to Quaker Oats. And a few years later, Quaker Oats sold JAB to some privately owned company whose name escapes me.By the early 1990s, JAB was poised on the brink of bankruptcy. Senior executives were fleeing the company. Hundreds of lower level employees had to be let go. It was deeply in debt. In short, things weren't...
Not very standardized.Sure, there are some general tendencies - for example, if one manufacturer calls his suit "midnight blue," I can be reasonably confident that it's darker than his or another manufacturer's "baby blue" (not that there are many baby blue suits out there, but let's not get bogged down in details). However, beyond such gross and fairly obvious distinctions there is little standardization. For example, Manufacturer A's midnight blue suit may be lighter,...
Finish the edges with a rolled hem, and how could one object?A local alterations tailor used to be willing to do this for a few bucks per square.If you're hacking a piece off the scarf, leaving the edges unfinished and fraying, and wearing it as a pocket square... well, that's really pushing the envelope, in my opinion. Even if the square's worn in such a way that nobody will notice the edges, it just seems like quarter-assing it. (Quarter-assing it is when you'd have to...