or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

One could just as readily maintain that such a contrast between shirt and tie is a good thing. Me? I'd want to see the shirt and tie together, before forming an opinion as to whether they work.But ultimately, if you're the one wearing them, and you don't find the combination pleasing, then you're right - it looks "off." To you. Which is reason enough to avoid the pairing.
No matter what style might dictate, reality always has the last word.If it's -20 degrees (C. or F.) and snowing, and you're going to be outdoors for any non-trivial length of time, wear whatever will best protect you from the cold. If that means a parka, then wear a parka.Normally, even when it's very cold - admittedly, not 20 deg. below, but still well below freezing - I can get by with a full length cashmere topcoat over my suit, maybe a pair of lined leather gloves, and...
Chukkas are a little like green neckties, in that at some points in the fashion cycle they're more popular than at others, but even when at the nadir of their popularity, one can still wear them. Naturally, wearing chukkas (or a green necktie) can be a terrible idea in certain places and situations. But that's true for anything one might wear.
I've edited the above, to get to the crux of the matter.You like the length. Assuming you have confidence in your taste and judgement, that means the length is fine. Don't go changing the length of something whose length you already like.If you've little confidence in your taste and judgement, then post a photo of you wearing the coat in question - which is worth 1000 words describing the coat to us - and ask for opinions as to length. Then do whatever the majority want....
No matter what comes after "actually," the answer is almost certainly "yes, some people do." No matter how outlandish or ill-considered it is, ours is a diverse enough world that whatever the practice is, some people almost certain engage in it.And this being the age of the Internet, a few of those people are likely at least grade D demi-celebrities-of-the-moment, and pictures of them doing whatever it is can be found somewhere online. But the real question is, is this a...
As long as you'll be trying on shoes, you might as well try on both D width and E or even EE width. From your description, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a wide width fit you more comfortably than the standard width. If the Marlow's not available in other than a normal width, seriously consider some other shoe. I don't care how nice it looks or how good a deal it represents - if the size (and size includes the width, not just the number) is wrong, the shoe isn't worth...
Probably not what you want to hear, but the only way to know is to try on the Marlow in 8 and in 8.5, and go by how they feel on your feet.Absent that, recommending one size over the other amounts to simply tossing a coin. Sorry.
I hear you. The one that gets me is "casual jeans." As opposed to "formal jeans," such as the jeans Queen Elizabeth II might wear to a state funeral, or the Pope wears when celebrating Easter Mass.I don't care if Ralph Lauren whipped out his own personal Bedazzler and applied diamonds to a pair of $2000 selvage jeans made by Tibetan monks who chanted for peace while dying the denim; jeans are inherently casual.
Whenever I see "suit" paired with a modifier whose meaning when used in that context I find a little unclear - such as smart, modern, fashion forward, etc. - I simply take it to mean a suit that's a little too short and tight for my taste. It usually - albeit, not invariably - sports a ticket pocket. More often than not, it's MTM, although it might simply have a label with some designer's name on it. (It's unlikely the designer had anything to do with the design of the...
I'd recommend the classic combo. "Classic" is... classic. That's why it's called that. As for it being dull, one needn't endeavor to add extra excitement to all of life's moments. A dull wedding - much like a dull childbirth - can be a very good thing.