or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Quite possibly, a size 9 US (or the European equivalent, which I think would be a size 42).
#1 is okay, although a comparable tie from The Tie Bar would cost you 1/3 as much. Not that The Tie Bar's ties are necessarily world class super deluxe neckwear, but neither are Lands' End ties. (Both are perfectly adequate, however.) And the navy on the LE tie looks a little off to me. Might just be a bad pic, or my monitor. I agree with Mimo in that a microdot might be somewhat more to my liking, but I don't regard the LE Churchill dot as being in any way inappropriate...
That's it's an architect/interior design firm/office isn't particularly relevant. Admittedly, there can be a significant amount of variation in terms of what's recommended for a core wardrobe of 2-3 neckties, but here are a few suggestions:1. Navy tie. Either solid, or with small white dots. (Stripes, if you dislike solids and dots.)2. Burgundy tie. Either solid, or with small white dots. (Stripes, if you dislike solids and dots.)3. Either a small geometric print, in blue,...
I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same as returning any other pair of shoes, but if you want to be sure, call Nordstrom Customer Service, at (888) 282-6060, and ask. No sense trying to figure it out by asking us, when you could just as easily find out from Nordstrom and get an official answer (albeit, not one in writing).
Not really. Even the largest Lands' End within a Sears store will only carry a small fraction of what's available on LandsEnd.com .
NoQualms, I give you my word that interviewers rarely care much whether your tie is from Hober, Hermes, Charvet, Brooks Brothers, Robert Talbott, Lands' End, etc. So long as it's clean, neat, and appropriate in design, they just won't care. With few exceptions, they won't even know.I get that you might feel more confident when wearing a splendid necktie. But I'm confident you can muster up the necessary self-confidence to do well at these interviews, even in something...
Yeah, Hober is generally more than a two week wait. That's why I mentioned that it'd be my choice if time weren't critical. But, similar to what I recently asked in response to another post in this thread, just how necessary is it that you get the tie in two weeks or less? I can understand that you might want to wear a nice tie to some scheduled event in two weeks time, but almost any tie can go perfectly well with the plain grey suit you mention. Wear some tie you...
Either could be a perfectly fine choice.Me? If I had to choose between those two, I'd go with the Kent Wang, simply because it'd save me around $50 over the cost of the VFC, and it comes in a choice of widths and lengths (and I prefer a 62" tie to a 57" tie).But if it weren't a time critical thing, I'd choose to go with a Sam Hober grenadine, rather than either of your choices.
As has been suggested, Lands' End. Specifically, I'd recommend their Year'rounder line.You have indicated that ordering from Lands' End could be a problem, as you need the pants within the week.If, by this, you're implying that mail order is out, and you need to purchase at a local store... well, you haven't told us where you are. Tough to recommend a local store, without knowing where "local" is.Bear in mind, you can buy from Lands' End today. Pay a few bucks extra for...
Many good alternatives exist. There are dozens (hundreds, more likely) of sources of quality wooden hangers of various sorts, ranging from Jos. A. Bank during a "Buy 1, Get 2 FREE!!!" sale, to amazon.com, to places like HangersandHangers.com and ClosetHangerFactory.com , and so on . Many of my hangers come from HangerClassics.com .FWIW, my personal experience has been that it's pretty easy and affordable to find quality shirt hangers. Quality pants hangers are almost as...