or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

There are those who maintain that a buttondown collar makes a shirt inherently casual. Some of these people point to the buttondown collar shirt's origins as a sport shirt (for playing polo), in support of their point of view. Other people maintain that a buttondown collar shirt is not limited to casual wear, and can work perfectly well with a suit and tie. Many of them note that this is a look long popular in certain trad/prep circles. So, one is free to side with...
I would mention, in passing, that proper dress shirts are not sized in letters (such as S/M/L), but are sized with actual numbers, indicating collar size and sleeve length (for example, 16/34).If you typically wear an XS dress shirt, I suspect what you're actually wearing is not a dress shirt at all, but rather a sport shirt.
Somewhat more to the point, braces are similar to underwear, in that they are not meant to be displayed in public. So just as one could wear purple and orange boxers with pictures of Taz, the Tazmanian Devil, on them, even at a very formal and conservative wedding, and not have to worry very much about being criticized for wearing inappropriate underwear (since who's going to be seeing them?), so is one free to wear ostentatious braces. That which goes unseen is unlikely...
Is #meanswear like #menswear, just a little nastier? More to the point, someone who harasses you in an effort to get you to remove items of clothing can typically be ignored. Or at the most, resort to a polite, "Thank you for taking such an acute interest in my comfort and my clothing. I assure you I'll give your advice all the consideration it deserves." Then walk away.I would add that if the person harassing you at the wedding is an attractive woman, it's not suave and...
One could maintain that the larger issue is that your jacket should not be coming off at the reception.
They look not too dissimilar from my Allen Edmonds Graysons. And those are among my most versatile shoes. I don't know if they're worth the price, as I'm unfamiliar with Gravati. I know that they seem to be priced higher than AE Graysons. Don't worry about them being in style into the future. They're nice tassel loafers. For people who like tassel loafers, they'll always be in style. For those who dislike tassel loafers, they'll never be in style. And, for whatever...
While it's difficult to say for sure with just a "from the front" view, it doesn't seem objectionably short to me. Particularly given the current fashion trend for ridiculously short suits and sportcoats. (Not that yours is in any way ridiculously short.)By traditional standards, and going by the somewhat inaccurate general rule having to do with jacket length and the curve of your fingers when your hands are at your sides, it's probably within an inch or so of being the...
This matter is touched upon in the 29 April 2011 entry, of the blog "A Suitable Wardrobe." It may be found at http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2011/04/reprising-black-necktie.html?m=0
35. It's almost always easier to shorten a sleeve by half an inch or so (should this even prove necessary), than it is to lengthen a sleeve.
First, I own that very suit. Brooks 1818, Madison cut, navy stripe. Next, while a solid suit is, in theory, preferable for an interview or presentation, as a practical, real world matter your suit is fine. It's conservative, business-like, traditional. If you don't get called back for a second interview or don't get asked to give a presentation at some future conference, it won't be because you wore the suit, okay? So don't worry about it; doing so will only cause you to...