or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Lands' End is a reliable source of acceptable sub-$50 dress shirts. With the added benefit that if the shirts arrive and they just don't seem like keepers, they can easily be returned to the local Sears store for a full refund. Although I do prefer Brooks. And as I've never had a problem with the elbows blowing out, I wonder if the fault might not rest more with you, than with the shirts. Just saying, is all.
While black is hardly my "go to" color for a necktie, I have worn a black silk knit tie with a tan suit, and it's looked rather nice. The pairing of black and tan enjoys a long and respected reputation in matters sartorial (and it works with beer, too).While I don't typically wear a black tie with a white shirt and navy blazer, it's also a look with enough history behind it to be taken seriously. The main reason why I don't do it isn't because I think it looks bad (since I...
Not necessarily. But depending on the setting, the time of day, etc., they could be too light.Often, an item is not so much "too light" or "too dark," in any absolute sense, but rather may be too light or too dark for a given situation.For example, those shoes might well be fine to wear with a navy suit to an afternoon lawn party. But they might be a sub-optimal choice to wear with the same navy suit to a funeral, or to an 8PM opera performance, or to a job interview at a...
Cuff them if you want cuffs. Don't cuff them if you don't want cuffs.Particularly with a trim cut suit with non-pleated pants, it's purely an optional thing. Maybe you like the look of cuffs, or think the weight of cuffs will help the pants hang better. In that case, go with cuffs. Of course, you're apparently in Oslo; I'm in the US and generally speak from an American perspective (and one biased by my age, background, etc.) in such matters. I can't speak to the sartorial...
Generally speaking - which means there are always exceptions - a light grey OCBD is likely to be more versatile than a dark grey OCBD, but considerably less versatile than a white or light blue OCBD.Again, there are always exceptions. So nobody need mention that they look great in light grey OCBD's and find them to be appropriate in a wide variety of situations, but look terrible in light blue ones and have little use for them.For me, a grey OCBD would tend to be less...
Grey pants (not too dark) seem the most obvious choice.
Which ones haven't you worn this year? Those should probably be at the top of your "Might want to cull these" list. Otherwise, if they fit you, they're in decent condition (or can be easily restored to such condition), and you choose to wear them at least once in a while, keep them. BTW, a similar system can be used to determine which suits, sport coats, pants, sweaters, etc., should be culled/kept.
Often at a lower price than low grade cashmere.You start by googling "how to judge cashmere," clicking on the links to those of the results which seem most relevant to your question, and reading.
At least when it comes to sweaters, I'll take a nice merino wool sweater over a low grade cashmere one, any day of the week.
How inexpensive? Because around the holiday season, there are places at the local shopping malls selling cashmere scarfs for $19 each, or two for $35. 'Course, I'm guessing they may not be the highest quality cashmere.Jos A Bank carries lots of cashmere scarves for $130, currently on sale for $65. Again, maybe not the finest cashmere money can buy, but you did want relatively inexpensive, and the finest cashmere is seldom relatively inexpensive.Lands' End has a couple of...