or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Some Amodex Ink & Stain Remover might do the trick. A bottle cost me about $6 at last summer's DC Fountain Pen Supershow, and I know it's available from a fair number of both b&m and online sources. While I've only used it on fountain pen ink stains (it worked well), I understand it's also effective on other types of ink - ball point, gel pen, Sharpie pen, etc.
My feel would be that Modern Tailor is mentioned hundreds of times in SF's official custom tailored clothing thread, found at http://www.styleforum.net/t/193399/www-moderntailor-com-custom-tailored-clothing-official-thread/0_50. And undoubtedly in many other threads, as well.It's also explicitly reviewed in various places. One that immediately comes to mind is "Modern Tailor.com Review - My Experience," found at...
It's unlikely that a business environment where wearing a suit and tie is expected, would result in a loud tie being the preferable choice. As Alex Dumortier notes, "loud" is not a good thing in this context. Ignore your colleagues' suggestions, much as if they were to tell you to wear "scruffier" clothing, to better reflect your personality. As for your female colleagues, assuming you're single and interested in them socially, offer to wear less conservative ties when...
Assuming the single breasted winter coat fits even remotely well, it's probably not possible. It's unlikely that the necessary material is present.But even if somehow it could be done, you might well get better results, for less money, by simply buying a double breasted coat. (This sort of answer tends to be true when discussing most sorts of major clothing surgery.)
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s07e08-south-park-is-gay
Kind of, sort of.I would suggest you read the February 7, 2011, entry of "A Suitable Wardrobe," titled "What is Flannel," which may be found at http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2011/02/what-is-flannel.html.I quote the conclusion, below:The combination of the process and the mixed wools used to produce flannel mean that it cannot be produced in weights lighter than 12 ounces, or about 360 grams. The lighter cloth that goes by the same name is actually a worsted that...
I don't know that there's a general consensus, but I can offer my own position on paisley and plaid ties.Some are quite handsome. Some are unattractive. Some are ideal for spring and summer, while others are best worn during fall and winter. Some of the ones in my closet are fairly staid and conservative, while others are lighthearted and whimsical. I have worn paisley ties to weddings, to court, and to lunch. I've never worn one to a funeral (although I have seen...
If you like how your shoes fit, and you like how they look, then you have no problem.Please don't let a department store salesperson cause you to second guess yourself.
Any rule that ridiculous is typically justified on the grounds of safety. (You know, like some of the rules at the airport.)"Studies show that men in black suits are 2% less likely to abduct children than are men in charcoal suits. Chase cares about our children's safety. Don't you?"
If he's your groomsman, you presumably have a decent relationship with him. So simply say to him, "I'm getting all of my groomsmen neckties. You wear an extra-long tie?" And then you'll know what length tie he wears.Despite what I said about giving clothing as gifts, it's okay for a groom to give his groomsmen neckties. Same way that I'd discourage giving your guy friends jewelry, but giving your groomsmen matching cuff links would be okay. Groomsmen gifts fall into a...