or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Grey pants (not too dark) seem the most obvious choice.
Which ones haven't you worn this year? Those should probably be at the top of your "Might want to cull these" list. Otherwise, if they fit you, they're in decent condition (or can be easily restored to such condition), and you choose to wear them at least once in a while, keep them. BTW, a similar system can be used to determine which suits, sport coats, pants, sweaters, etc., should be culled/kept.
Often at a lower price than low grade cashmere.You start by googling "how to judge cashmere," clicking on the links to those of the results which seem most relevant to your question, and reading.
At least when it comes to sweaters, I'll take a nice merino wool sweater over a low grade cashmere one, any day of the week.
How inexpensive? Because around the holiday season, there are places at the local shopping malls selling cashmere scarfs for $19 each, or two for $35. 'Course, I'm guessing they may not be the highest quality cashmere.Jos A Bank carries lots of cashmere scarves for $130, currently on sale for $65. Again, maybe not the finest cashmere money can buy, but you did want relatively inexpensive, and the finest cashmere is seldom relatively inexpensive.Lands' End has a couple of...
The length looks okay to me.As you note, the "pinch shirt cuff while putting one's arm into jacket sleeve" approach is time tested and can prove fairly effective.I can't believe that nobody's marketing some device which clips onto one's shirt sleeve cuff, and anchors to one's finger, preventing the shirt sleeve from riding up when one puts on a jacket. Surely, tens of thousands could be sold at $17.95 each, resulting in the brilliant inventor/marketer reaping a substantial...
I assumed it was Photoshopped.Of course, approximately 99% of major fashion advertising photos are Photoshopped, nor is there anything inherently wrong with using Photoshop within certain limits. It's when the Photoshopping is overdone that it becomes a problem. I think it's been overdone in this case.Concentration camp chic. Heroin chic is so yesterday.BTW, I think the model's complexion is slightly more tan than the ideal. It looks like he was almost certainly exposed to...
You'd probably be better off buying two pairs of boots - one which goes well with suits, and another which goes well with jeans.I know you'd like to find one pair which goes well with everything. Unfortunately, you're much more likely to wind up with one pair which is a mediocre match for everything, and an excellent match for nothing. It's like buying a Swiss Army knife, because it gives you 47 tools in one. Sure, it's convenient and inexpensive, but none of those tools...
I agree with loarbmhs; the jacket sleeves could stand to be just a little longer. I don't agree with him with regard to the buttons. The jacket buttons don't seem freakishly large to me, although I accept that judging their precise size is difficult in a small picture. But in any case, it's a blazer. Blazer buttons are permitted - some might even argue, expected - to call more attention to themselves than are most other sport coat buttons, or certainly most suit coat...
Oh, then that is a suit. I wasn't sure at first, seeing as how it more closely resembles an overly short blue jacket whose lapels have been shrunk down to practically nothing by an evil wizard, worn with a pair of blue tights.However, I will allow as how the color is unobjectionable.