or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

As a practical matter, I've never found it to be much of a problem. But I accept that a solution which strikes me as being perfectly adequate may be rejected as hopelessly inelegant by the next fellow.
Stacked, in a 16.5 x 16.5 x 3.5" clear plastic container, on a shelf in the closet.It's like a Tupperware or Rubbermaid food storage container, although it's not actually by Tupperware or Rubbermaid. I picked it up at a restaurant supply place, a few years ago. It was presumably intended for storing brownies or lasagna or somesuch. Even comes with a snap-on lid. I don't remember the price, but it didn't cost much.As most of my pocket squares are 16x16", with nearly all...
I think quite well of Floto duffel bags. Nice leather. Good craftsmanship. Reasonable prices, considering what decent leather bags sell for elsewhere. I believe their Venezia Mini Duffle is right at 15". Too small to appeal to me, although I like the non-mini version of the Venezia just fine. Still, if you're sure that an 8x6x15" bag is all you want for a couple of changes of clothes + travel toiletries, so be it. Anyway, Floto's website is...
Well, as the title indicates, I'm selling a Tiffany, engine-turned, sterling, slide belt buckle. The iconic item, and all that. It's used, and bears some signs of moderate wear. However, it's certainly not beaten up, and no initials are currently engraved on it. Yes, it bears the Tiffany & Co. stamp, as can be seen in the accompanying pictures. Yes, I'm including the pictured Tiffany gift box. It's around 1 3/4" long, and 1 1/8" wide. It fits a standard 1" dress belt....
Back in the olden days, when many offices still expected employees above a certain level to wear ties (well, at least male employees, but prior to the 1970's, that often meant pretty much anyone in the office who wasn't a secretary), one would be expected to wear a tie "properly." If you showed up at work with your collar button undone and your tie loosened, you'd likely be told to button your collar button and to fix your tie.And no, you couldn't answer that the office...
It has long existed as an occasional response to heat and fatigue, of course.But as a form of youthful rebellion... well, back when youthful rebellion was truly youthful rebellion, and not simply fashion and posturing, no self-respecting rebel would be caught wearing a tie, loosened or otherwise. Okay, maybe the rebel would wear a tie as a headband. (A particularly well regarded practice when it was an American flag necktie.)
Purely a guess on my part, but why don't you contact the appropriate person at Kent Wang, and tell him exactly what you told us in your post, and provide him with the same picture?I've no idea as to the specific details involved in purchasing a MTM blazer from Kent Wang, but I have to assume that if you communicate your desires clearly, with examples, you'll get at least some sort of response from them. Your next step would depend on what sort of response you receive.
Depends. Are you wearing it while washing your car? Going to the dentist? Testifying before Congress?
So as to proclaim to the world that I am a modern, 21st century type guy, and a highly self-sufficient one at that, I button my own boots.Of course, if my valet fails to keep the sterling buttonhook properly polished, I require him to watch the Christmas episode of Downton Abbey on a 19" low-def black-and-white tv.