or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Strikes me as being foolishly and unnecessarily self-limiting. But if it makes you happy, so be it.Sort of like posting to a gourmet cooking forum and declaring that ever since October, you've been eating the exact same thing every time you have a meal. Half a roast chicken breast, brown rice, and some steamed asparagus. And you don't intend to deviate from this practice until 2016. Then asking the people on that forum what their thoughts are.Nobody's going to arrest you...
Real life answer - absolutely nobody will care; wear whichever one you prefer.
It's fine to bring a new coat to a tailor to have the fit slightly tweaked. That's what alterations tailors are for.But if the coat's simply too huge for you in an overall sense, the wise thing to do is accept that it doesn't fit you. That it's the wrong size, no matter what the number on the label. Don't be like those people who post here, saying that they wear a 40R suit, but their local store only has a 44L in stock, so should they buy it and get it altered.Return the...
You work at the office in question; we do not. So you tell us, are barrel cuff shirts acceptable attire at the office?
Leather, canvas, nylon, other? Wheels, no wheels? Available in store (where?) or online only? And etc."Decent" just isn't as specific as one might like.
It depends on (a) the paisley tie; and (b) the norms of the office in question.In general (exceptions always exist), paisley ties tend to be less formal and more... playful, both in terms of design and color... than are most ties. They're not usually what I'd think of as serious businesswear neckties.But like I say, exceptions exist. Show me the paisley tie, and I'll tell you what I think. And some offices can have such a conservative dress code (either explicit, or simply...
Not to hijack your thread, but what's a "suit blazer?"I know what a suit is. I know what a blazer is. I even know what a suit jacket is (orphan or otherwise). But "suit blazer" confuses me.
No, one couldn't tell you were short, simply because there was nothing in the picture against which your height could be judged. The length of your jacket really had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Six. (This is also exactly how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop. Twice.One single-breasted with brass buttons.One single-breasted with pewter buttons.One double-breasted with brass buttons, but you never wear it because you dislike double-breasted jackets and think that they're currently out-of-fashion anyway.One single-breasted with enamel buttons displaying your college crest, which you purchased from the Alumni Association, which...
The first picture suggests it might just possibly be a sport coat, but then picture #2 practically screams "ORPHAN SUIT COAT!."Since most people would presumably look at it from a distance more like that of picture #2...But honestly, most people in the real world (as opposed to the World of StyleForum) would neither know, nor care - and that's even before the buttons get changed out with leather ones or something. Heck, plenty of times a man will wear an actual sport coat...