or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Nor (to the best of my knowledge) was the member of the Village People who dressed up as a police officer ever arrested for impersonating a police officer.'Course, I could be wrong. Other than knowing that they sang "YMCA," and "Macho Man," and appeared in one episode of "Married With Children," I'm largely ignorant of the Village People.Anyway, as I'm not admitted to the Bar (or equivalent) in each and every jurisdiction from which the Internet can be accessed, I'm...
At which point you should have asked him - not us - why he seemed so reluctant to open the buttonhole more than a small fraction of the way.Maybe he had some valid reason. It's possible. I don't know what that reason might be, but if it'd been me, I wouldn't have been too shy to ask my alterations tailor why he was doing something differently from how I'd expected it to be done.
Just to build on this a little...Many men rarely wear suits, and when they do wear them, they're clearly not at ease in them. The suit may fit perfectly on a physical level, but psychologically it leaves the wearer feeling uneasy.The fact is, if a man only wears a suit once every other year, he'll probably never feel natural wearing a suit. That's just the truth of it.Of course, one can always find excuses to get dressed in a suit once in a while. There are tons of such...
I fear you're seeking a precise answer, to a question which can only be answered fuzzily.The amount of variation permissible is the amount which a person with good taste in men's fashion could see and not find objectionable. It's not a hard number; it's a subjective aesthetic determination.Of course, part of looking good is being comfortable in your clothes - psychologically, and not just physically. So regardless of what some hypothetical sartorial judge might think, if...
When I see people in overly short, overly close-fitting suits, I just want to laugh.
"Made in Italy" means "made in Italy." It says nothing about the blood purity of the workers at the Italian factory, how many generations their families have resided in Italy, or the like. (As something of an aside, I'd find anything else a little disturbing.) That Ferrari might hire a Japanese engineer would not, I should think, lower Ferrari's perceived level of quality in the mind of any rational individual. (And again, that you would even ask such a question is...
1. Perfectly serviceable knit ties can be had at reasonable prices, and in a broad variety of widths, lengths, colors, etc.. And quality alterations to knit items are often rather pricy. Such being the case, even if altering your knit tie were possible, it might well make little financial sense. 2. Narrowing a tie by 1cm, so as to better match the width of a suit's lapels, makes little sense. It's somewhat unlikely that all your suits, present and future, will share a...
What he said.Also, I've never bought into the belief that "Bigger, shorter guys should go with vertical pinstripes for an elongating affect." (And it's "effect," not "affect.") Even though I know it's said all the time, and lots of people accept it as an article of faith.Ultimately, if you're standing around taller people, you're going to look sort of short. This is as true if you're 5'6" and standing around six footers, as it is if you're 6' tall and standing around NBA...
Brown wool pants, cuffed. Ecru OCBD shirt. Black silk knit tie. Dark brown AE Patriot penny loafers. Brown leather 1" wide belt with Tiffany & Co. sterling silver engine turned buckle bearing the initials HUH. Brown over-the-calf merino wool socks. Cream-colored linen pocket square. A pair of RayBan Clubmaster sunglasses w/faux tortoise shell frames. Lands' End white broadcloth boxers. A vintage Tissot Seastar wristwatch on a brownish-red strap of either crocodile or...
Nearly any man can look good in a properly fitting suit. This holds true if you're 5'10" with a short torso, 6'10" with a long torso, 4'10" with a medium torso, etc.The idea of not being "decent-heighted enough" to wear a suit is without merit. Akin to worrying that one is too brown-haired to drive a car.