or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Just bear in mind that knitted ties tend to be a little more casual than most silk ties. I'm not saying this is inherently bad - it can be exactly what you want, in some situations. But sometimes it's not what you want. So just be aware of this.As for the tie bar, I don't often wear tie bars, so I'm not well qualified to advise you. But since somebody has to ask, I'll ask - Are you sure you even want to wear a tie bar? It's one of those accessories which has recently...
Almost any "downsize" alteration is possible, given money and a sufficiently skilled alterations tailor. But some cost more than they're generally worth, and some tend to yield results which just aren't entirely satisfying.Downsizing your suit from a 40L to a 38R is likely to cost more than it's worth, and to yield less than completely satisfying results. Unless there's some overwhelming reason for you to wear this suit - maybe it's the suit you wore 25 years ago, when you...
I use whatever model Woodlore it is that can be had from Jos. A. Bank, during one of their "Buy 1, Get 2 FREE!!!" sales. Brings the cost down to 8 bucks and change per pair.Honestly, while I'm familiar with the various arguments for one model of shoe tree being markedly superior to another, I strongly suspect that in the real world - as opposed to the world of theory - the differences (so long as the tree's cedar, and of the correct size) are trivial and largely unimportant.
Contact the retailer/manufacturer. Explain your concerns. Ask for shoe tree advice. (Those Paul Evans, btw?)
You fit a human foot into those shoes? (Then again, I wear size 13EE shoes. Sleek and low profile only when compared to Sasquatch's footwear.)
Also, since he's talking about penny loafers, it's worth keeping in mind that penny loafers are somewhat informal shoes to begin with. And rubber soles - as opposed to leather - tend to reduce formality even more. Which could, perhaps, leave them a little too informal for the aforementioned jacket and tie and smart trousers.Plus, penny loafers have leather soles. I mean, rubber soled penny loafers? That's like a tuxedo with suede patches one the elbows. (And nobody be a...
A nice pair of penny loafers would be my suggestion, yup.'Course, lots of people just have a hate on for penny loafers. But assuming you don't - and since you mention them as a possibility, I'm guessing you're pretty much okay with them - that'd definitely be one solid way to go.I don't hate suede, but suede shoes, generally speaking, tend to be less versatile (in various ways) than leather shoes.
Sure.Oh, I could tell you that it depends on the linen trousers, and on the wool blazer, and ask to see pictures of both, and then point out that it depends on the situation and circumstances.And all of that might be valid.But the general answer is that there's no inherent reason why one can't wear linen trousers with a navy wool blazer.
If you have virtually no experience with wearing suits, I'm not sure you'd be best served by getting a bespoke suit.A big part of the reason for going bespoke is to get exactly what one wants in a couple of dozen areas of fit, material, design, detail, etc.Someone who is very familiar with wearing suits, a wide variety of suits, and who has worn suits most days for years and years, has likely developed very specific preferences. Or at the least, is aware of all manner of...
98% of the time, if one wonders "Is it too OTT," it is. Pick out a nice, solid, gold grenadine necktie. Wear it to the ceremony and the reception. You'll look fine in the wedding pictures. Stop trying to convince yourself that any of this is particularly complicated.You're not the bride and it's not your wedding. Nobody is going to be paying much attention to you. Unless you change into a day cravat for the reception, maybe. But in that case, the attention will not be of...