Posts by 12345Michael54321

Looks good to me. The last photo is the only one that even hints at the possibility of it being too large, and it doesn't hint all that forcefully. I mean, your head was sort of tilted down, so that small gap by the back of your neck isn't particularly unreasonable.You're the one wearing it, so if you're convinced it's too large I'll defer to your opinion in the matter. But to my eye it seems like you ought to quit worrying about the matter.May I ask why you think it might...
This is really just a general guideline, and should not necessarily be taken as a precise "rule." Depending on how one is built, and how the jacket is styled, it's not at all unlikely that the "halfway" guideline will need to be modified slightly for you to look your best.Same thing with the "cupped fingers" guideline for jacket length. It is just a general guideline, in part because not everyone has precisely the same length arms as everyone else of similar height....
Thick wallets stopped being defensible once they did a Seinfeld episode about it. And the one with the wallet was George.
Like Murlsquirl, I don't care for either. That people will pay hundreds of dollars for such wallets boggles the mind. My primary wallet's an Ettinger. I like it well enough, but there are plenty of other makes of relatively simple, not particularly thick, leather wallets, which I'd at least find satisfactory. I just happened to stumble into a great deal on the Ettinger, just as my old coat wallet was ready to be replaced. And, of course, even the greatest, most wonderful...
Merely portraying an Apache in a headband isn't necessarily racist or inaccurate, of course. Any more than it's inherently sexist to portray a woman as a wife and mother.But I stand by my statement that in vast numbers of 1950's Hollywood westerns, Native Americans were routinely portrayed in a racist and inaccurate manner. The "Apache Warrior" example of the more generic "bloodthirsty savage" stereotype was often especially offensive. Well, not offensive to me personally,...
It likely won't work well as a sport coat.It'll work even worse as a sport coat worn over a t-shirt.Admittedly, dinosaur that I am, I'm hard-pressed to think of many "sport coat over t-shirt" combinations which don't strike me as... unfortunate. But when the sport coat in question is, in fact, the top half of a sharkskin suit? Don't get me started.You know, plenty of perfectly nice, essentially new condition sport coats can be found on eBay for pennies on the dollar. I've...
Careful. It's possible to start a fire using that technique.It'd be darn useful as a fire starter on the "Naked and Afraid" tv show, except that naked people usually don't have collars to flip up, so there's a chance it wouldn't work.
Here in Baltimore, MD, there are any number of organizations holding black tie fund raisers during the course of the year. While I attend only a few, there are at least a couple of opportunities to don black tie each month. And, of course, if I felt like making the short trip down to DC, the number of opportunities would increase dramatically. I don't know where you live, but assuming it's anywhere near a medium or large city, I suspect there are plenty of black tie...
They're a standard. If it seemed like they'd fallen out of fashion, well, fashion is fickle. One season an item is so far out of fashion you'd need the Hubble Space Telescope to see it. A few years later, that same item is all the rage. Then, before long, it's out again. Then eventually, it's back. And so on. Repeat endlessly.I like leather buttons on certain of my jackets. More on winter stuff, than on summer items. Also, while I don't really wear many orphan suit jackets...
I'm thinking that it'd usually be a less than great idea. But without pictures, it's impossible to provide you with a definite answer.