Posts by 12345Michael54321

I wouldn't wear them. But there's no item of clothing or clothing-related accessory so horrible that some people won't wear it and think it looks good.
Please tell me "casual-formal" is a descriptor you just made up, and that it isn't something which has already entered common usage."Dressy business casual" is meaningless enough, without "casual-formal coat" further polluting the lexicon.
You start by observing your fellow European IT-company employees, in positions not wildly different from your own, and seeing what they consider to be an appropriate business style, possibly with the occasional cool and creative twist.
The clothes you're going to wear to the party sound fine. As for the handkerchief, maybe I wouldn't wear it with the rest of what you've described (then again, maybe I would), but please don't worry about it.This is a casual celebration. Wearing one, small, perhaps ever so slightly questionable item, just isn't any big deal. If anything, it displays a celebratory insouciance perfectly in keeping with the occasion. It is, at worst, the Persian flaw in your ensemble. It...
As a practical matter, if the shirt has a button down collar, the collar should be buttoned down. Yes, there are some rare instances where it can be a tolerable fashion look to keep them unbuttoned. Same way that there are some fringe situations where one might knowingly choose to wear sneakers with a tuxedo, or to go without socks in a three piece suit. But there are virtually no instances where wearing the collar buttoned down is the wrong look. (And, in my admittedly...
This is one of those questions where it'd be extremely helpful to see pictures (preferably well lit, and properly color balanced) of the grey sweater, blue pants, khaki pants, white shirt, blue shirt, red knit tie, and red plaid tie in question.
Brown shoes can work with grey pants. Not always, but it's very possible. Black shoes almost automatically work with grey pants. So black shoes are the safe choice, if one isn't confident in one's understanding of what goes with what. Maybe not the best choice in every case, but at least in terms of color, black shoes are practically always a viable choice with grey pants. As for whether your brown suede chukkahs go with your grey pants, I'd have to see a picture of the...
Yes, it's my experience. Which is based on years of actually advising top management of publicly traded companies. And on conversations with my colleagues in the legal and financial communities, who similarly advise and work with such companies' management.I get that most people believe that members of the Board are incapable of looking beyond the next quarter's profits, and that US companies are particularly notorious for such shortsightedness, and that whenever a company...
If Caleres believes that the sweet spot involves cutting a few corners and lowering prices, why buy Allen Edmonds? Caleres already owns players in the shoe market capable of adapting to that sweet spot. Heck, Caleres could relatively inexpensively create a brand from scratch which would address the $149 dress shoe market, and then use its strength in the retail footwear sector to swiftly establish this new brand. No, if Caleres paid a couple of hundred million dollars for...
Allen Edmonds has been owned by the private equity firm of Brentwood Associates, for three years. For seven years prior to that, it was owned by the investment firm of Goldner Hawn Johnson & Morrison. I don't see any fundamental reason to assume that a footwear company will prove more likely to bring about negative changes in Allen Edmonds, than have the private equity firm or the investment firm. I could maybe understand the concern were Allen Edmonds, up until now,...