or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+slub+cotton%3F
You know, if you're not determined to buy your shoes or boots in England, you could get yourself a very nice pair of Made to Order Allen Edmonds, in horse ass (shell cordovan) leather. There's a whole thread about such shoes here - http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/ I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with English footwear. Just that MTO AE's can potentially get you a pair of more or less personalized shoes or boots, of very good...
A good pair of shoes.I know, I know... nobody thinks of shoes in that way. But they should! Properly cared for, a quality pair of shoes will give you decades of wear. And a quality pair of shoes - not high-end bespoke shoes, no, but still very respectable shoes - is within your budget.So if you want to buy some clothing-related item to celebrate your college graduation, and you want to keep it comfortably under $1000, and you don't want another wristwatch, I'd suggest you...
Do bear in mind that true bespoke almost by its nature involves multiple fittings. So unless you plan on a couple of trips to Europe over the next year, that would be an issue.Also, 700 Euros isn't really enough to play at that table. (And since you mention London's Savile Row, 700 Euros - call it 550 pounds, give or take a little - won't even come close to covering the down payment on your bespoke suit.)Yes, a blazer would usually be much less expensive than a suit,...
Love her. Honor her. Cherish her.But don't let her dress you. Her understanding of which shoes to wear with a tuxedo is... imperfect.
Since you, in a subsequent post, mention that it's for graduate school interviews, I'd say you'll be perfectly fine.Grad school interviews are not like being interviewed by a committee of the US Senate on CNN, or even like being interviewed by a conservative law firm looking to fill an opening for an experienced litigator. Sure, getting into graduate school can be tough, and the competition intense. I get that. But that's not the key point here.Interviewers understand that...
With boutonnieres, I very much hold with the notion that simplicity wins. Simplicity bespeaks elegance, and a boutonniere is supposed to be an elegant accent. So wearing a single flower (carnation, rose, etc.) beats wearing a whole bouquet in my lapel. Oh, and real beats fake, so I'll take an actual flower over some silk thing that resembles a flower. Pictured below, the hat your date should wear, if you're going to opt for a whole freakin' flower arrangement as a...
I don't think that shorts are in any way appropriate in an office environment. Consequently, the question of whether it's okay to pair them with long sleeve shirts at the office is moot.But if you insist on a more meaningful answer than that, I suppose I'd say that any business office where shorts are acceptable attire is so far removed from anything approaching classic menswear standards, that practically any shirt would likely suffice. A long sleeve shirt. A t-shirt. A...
Randolph Engineering sunglasses are excellent. But since they're all but identical to American Optical, I can't see paying twice the price for them.
American Optical. If they were good enough for Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin (and a whole bunch of other astronauts), they're probably good enough for you. A pair will run you around $45, which is ridiculously reasonable for what you're getting. I prefer the Original Pilots, but with spatula temples, not bayonet. Bayonet may be more "authentic," in some sense (arguable), but other than this their big advantage is that they permit the glasses to be easily put on and taken...