or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Doing business with someone who won't communicate with you before the sale, and who won't accept returns after the sale, sounds like a potential headache in the making. I'd steer clear. And I say this as someone who typically has no particular objection to buying and selling via eBay. Yeah, maybe you could still dispute things using eBay's guarantee, but come on. I know that if I walked into a local store for a suit, and the salesperson refused to talk to me, and the...
True.Too many men buy the same size shoes now, as they did when last they had their feet measured, 20 years ago. I don't care if you stopped growing when you were 17; your feet may not have gotten the message.Feet can change. You need to get them measured every so often. For both length and width. Width is the big gotcha. Too many men don't even know what width their feet are; they just assume they're "average."Anyway, if only dress shoes leave your feet hurting, there are...
A lot will have to do with your physical aspect. A young guy with a baby face, who's 5'3" tall and weighs 113 lbs., is going to find it challenging to put over an intimidating, alpha male, master of all he surveys look, no matter what he's wearing. I'm not saying it's necessarily impossible. Few things are impossible. But some are way more difficult to accomplish than are others. Sometimes it's useful to look like a super villain at work. But when that's not likely to...
Hey, if you're not willing to cut off your hand and have it replaced by a hook, are you sure you even deserve respect at work? Besides, if you have a hook, eventually someone will ask you what happened to your hand. And you can reply, "I sacrificed it for wisdom." But I suppose you could hire some minions to follow you around. Or have a girlfriend as evil as she is beautiful on your arm. If neither of these suggestions are to your liking, you could at least cultivate a...
Many super villains are bald - Egghead, Ming the Merciless, Dick Cheney, Ernst Blofeld, Lex Luthor, Lord Voldemort, etc. Hey, Ming and Voldemort didn't even own any suits, near as I can remember. So it's not about the suit; it's about the scalp. Shave your head.
I'm sorry, but you've got to be more specific. Your question is akin to going to a dining forum, and posting, " I live somewhere. I liked cooked food - especially meat, preferably red meat. Recommend a restaurant." Of the suits you already have, which features do you particularly like or dislike about them, and why? Are you looking to spend under $300 per suit, or over $2000, or what? How about giving us an idea where you're located? Do you prefer a more traditional...
I'm not familiar with Ministry by Design. But the world is awash with non-iron, 100% cotton dress shirts. You might be better off buying them, rather than the polyester shirts with "temperature control technology" you mention.Since you haven't indicated where you are, it's difficult to recommend a specific local retailer. Among online possibilities, there's always Brooks Brothers and Charles Tyrwhitt.As for temperature control technology polyester shirts, they have their...
Most dress shirts these days are non-iron. Which shirts have you been considering? What are your thoughts on them?
Just like everyone else.
There's nothing wrong with what you've chosen. I'd call it classic, not boring. You like it. Your girlfriend likes it. So wear it. And don't torment yourself, second guessing your choices.