or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

In terms of conservative business attire, it's usually (not always, but usually) best to avoid overly skinny ties. However 5/6 cm isn't ridiculously narrow, so depending on your build, your suit, and your workplace, it may well be fine.As for the tie being black, no, black ties are not solely limited to "black tie" evening wear. There is substantial tradition supporting the wearing of a black silk knit or grenadine for a wide variety of purposes. (While perhaps dated...
For business, I'd stick with a crew neck or a v-neck. Not a cardigan or anything with zippers, as I consider cardigans and sweaters with zippers to be insufficiently businesslike.Oh, I suppose a sweater vest would also be okay, but preferably under a jacket.Since you say the ID badge needs to be displayed at all times, I'd say on a lanyard hanging on the outside of your sweater.Hey, I agree that maybe it's not the most sophisticated of looks, but if your employer requires...
Can they even be termed chinos, if they're made of velvet?
Neither one is inherently more versatile for everyday business casual wear than is the other.
When oranje88 posts a picture of himself in a blood red shirt, we'll know to pin the blame on you, emidyl.
Why not just wear rubber overshoes (galoshes) over your office-appropriate shoes?Once you're indoors, pull off the galoshes, stuff them into a plastic bag (I prefer Zip-Lock), and stash them in your desk, briefcase, messenger bag, etc.While there are many makes, styles, and colors from which to choose, my Totes galoshes ran me the princely sum of $7.50, on sale at Jos. A. Bank. Seems like an inexpensive, easy, highly effective solution to the problem of protecting nice...
That depends greatly on your specific needs, tendencies, and preferences. You know, things like the setting where the shoes will be worn, whether you love or hate loafers, whether you wear conservative suits an average of 6 days per week, or jeans 6 days per week, are your feet a size 14EEE or an 8B, all sorts of things like that.Without knowing more about you, it's just not possible to provide a meaningful suggestion.Why not tell us which shell cordovan AE shoes you...
You'd probably be better off buying two pairs of shoes - one which goes well with suits, and another which goes well with more casual clothing.I know you'd like to find one pair which goes well with everything. Unfortunately, you're much more likely to wind up with one pair which is a mediocre match for everything, and an excellent match for nothing. It's like buying a Swiss Army knife, because it gives you 47 tools in one. Sure, it's convenient and inexpensive, but none...
Given how inexpensive cedar shoe trees are (often around 10 bucks per pair, when on sale), why not just buy another pair of trees? Don't be like the guy who spends $50,000 on a new sports car, but is reluctant to drop more than $200 on a set of tires for it.
Look at pictures/videos of men who are generally deemed to dress well and who typically wear traditional/classic looking suits. Study how these men look in their suits.Eventually, you will develop an eye for properly fitting traditional/classic suits.It's as simple as that. And, of course, it will take some time and some thought on your part. Way more time than 2 hours of Q&A with a salesman. Sorry, that's just the reality of it. It's not as quick and easy as being handed...