Posts by 12345Michael54321

If I encounter someone who's drunk - or even drunker than drunk - I'm not going to care much about the colors in his necktie. I'm going to focus on the fact that I've encountered a drunken lout, and try to ignore him while I get away.Well, just a thought.
Several misconceptions here regarding the quality of bespoke suits, which I won't bother correcting (since others have already begun that task). I will suggest that even if bespoke necessarily means superior construction and lots of material available for alterations (and it does not necessarily mean that, but purely for the sake of argument let's pretend that it does), that matters far less than does starting out with the best fit you can. When in doubt, always go with...
Yeah, probably worth considering.Sort of how, if my car stalled every time I turned left, and when I brought it in to the dealer to have the problem fixed all the service technician did was check the air in my tires, I'd maybe be wise to try another service technician.
That's usually a pretty easy adjustment. The kind of thing an optician can fix in about a minute.But if you've already gone to a competent optician, and she's tried valiantly to adjust the glasses so as to leave the sides of the bridge of your nose dimple-free, only to discover that it's a physical impossibility... well, then I guess you're right to give up on the AO frame and give something else a try. Such things can happen, I suppose.Have you tried a larger size AO...
Probably. Neither Maui Jim, nor Ray Ban, is exactly the standard by which eyeglass frame quality is measured. They're of entirely adequate quality, I'm sure, just nothing extraordinary.But if you like the frames, and you can afford them, then does it really matter if they represent the best price:quality ratio? You know, if you want to get technical, a pair of sunglasses costing 1/10 as much as the Maui Jims or Ray Bans, with 1/8 the quality, would actually have a better...
I'd strongly prefer to avoid either choice. Although I suppose on the basis of "a smaller amount of bad is preferable to a larger amount of bad," I'd prefer the contrasting white collar, to the contrasting white collar and cuffs. Either look simply strikes me as a little flashy, and therefore ever so slightly vulgar. I don't think the historical origins of either look are particularly relevant to my opinion, for all that matters of sartorial history can be interesting,...
If you want to wear a grenadine, then wear a grenadine. If you want to wear a wedding tie, then wear a wedding tie. If you want to wear a pin dot, then wear a pin dot. Etc.Are you getting the idea? Necktie selection for a guest at a wedding is typically not some abstruse sartorial minefield. Apply a little taste and common sense, and you'll probably be fine.
While wearing a wedding tie certainly isn't required, there's nothing inherently wrong with wearing one, and it's well worth considering.Your concern about wedding ties being better suited for daytime weddings is unnecessary. You're attending a wedding. It is non-black tie. If you're going to be wearing clothing which goes naturally with a tie, and the level of formality of the wedding is such that a necktie would not be out of place, then wear a tie. And in choosing your...
Does your father prefer relatively simple dials, with just a date display? If so, then the first watch pictured would be the better choice. Does he prefer more cluttered dials, with the date, day, month, and phase of the moon? If so, then the second watch pictured would be the better choice. Does he prefer yellow gold, or rose gold? Ultimately, a gift should take into account the tastes and preferences of the recipient. You presumably know your father's tastes and...
BB 1818 suits are okay quality. Not fantastic, not horrible. They're solidly mid-market suits. Sort of the Toyota Camry of suits, if you will.If the cut of the BB 1818 suits work for you, and you manage to get them when they're marked way down (since their non-sale price tends to be somewhat higher than their quality would justify, in part due to the Brooks Brothers name), then go ahead and buy and wear them.No, because choice of fabric is only one factor in whether your...