or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

The pictures aren't good enough for me to say much about fit, although I agree that you should seriously consider a 46. Much more important - the wedding is on Friday. So you need to buy a suit TODAY. Because whatever suit you buy will need some minor alterations - at least. Even if the store offers 1 hr. alterations - which is quite rare - what if the tailor's sick that day? What if his efforts prove unacceptable and the work needs to be redone? What if the in-store...
And most car dealerships don't usually have a lot filled with plenty of cars in all kinds of models and colors and option levels?Look, once the customer has expressed interest in an item - a suit, a car, a house, a wristwatch, etc. - he's 2/3 of the way toward buying the item.Any experienced salesman will tell you that it's much easier to close the sale by telling the customer, "Your choice suits you perfectly. Good choice!" than by telling the customer, "I don't think...
Exceptions surely exist, but I've found that for the most part one should place very little faith in the opinion of a men's clothing salesman.Some will lie in order to make a sale. More often, they're not knowingly dishonest, just clueless as to what constitutes proper fit or appropriateness for a given purpose.Honestly, asking the typical menswear salesman, "Do you think this fits me right?" strikes me as akin to asking the typical automobile salesman, "Will this car be...
You can get away with two brushes - one for dark shoes, and one for light shoes.Getting black shoe cream on your tan shoes can be an issue. Whereas "contaminating," say, dark brown shoes with a trace of burgundy shoe cream is seldom worth much worry.Then again, you say you have green and blue shoes. And admittedly, I have no personal experience with those colors.But you know what? if you can afford that wide an assortment of shoes, and you're at all worried about such...
Buy the one which is the better fit on you. If you don't know how they fit, try them on and buy the one which is the better fit on you. If you can't try them on before buying, buy the one with the good return policy. If they both have good return policies, buy both, and keep the one which is the better fit on you. Return the other. If they both fit you equally well, buy the less expensive one.
Looks to me like you'd be better off going up a size.
Just something like the tried and true Brooks Bros. 1818 Madison fit suit, or the sort of suit you see worn by many men, particularly men of middle age or above (not that it's impossible to find a traditional-fitting suit on a 25 year old, or some ridiculously close-ftting monstrosity on a 65 year old).It's a fuller fit, as opposed to the sort of "modern" fit often found from, say, Suit Supply.I can't understand why you'd need to see pictures. Both types of suits are...
All of my suits are of a fuller, more traditional cut. I don't feel at all self-conscious about wearing them.None of them are sack suits, however. Sack suits are, these days, extremely uncommon. To the extent that if one wants to buy a sack suit, it can require a fair amount of shopping around. I seldom see people wearing them.
They're more like trench jackets - a type of garment in search of a reason for existing. Like the goose down-stuffed seersucker suit. Also, the trench "coat" in question looks somewhat feminine to me, although the model and the pose probably exaggerate this. Still, not to my taste, although to each his own, eh?That its MSRP is $1795 just makes the whole thing all the more laughable. Were it an item on sale for $39 at Old Navy, it'd still strike me as a mistake, but there...
I prefer grey lenses. Grey is much more color-neutral than are green, brown, amber, etc. (which is why photographic neutral density filters are grey, and not some other color), and I like keeping color shift to a minimum. Of course, some people may believe that the color distortion is beneficial, and can provide valuable contrast in certain conditions, which explains some of the popularity of amber sunglass lenses, particularly for driving. (Yellow/amber was traditionally...