or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Almost all of your posts ask what we think of how something fits. But you never provide good quality photos from which to judge.You've got to learn to take pictures from a natural vantage point - not with the camera 3 feet off the floor and pointed up at you. And to use good lighting - not low light, not with lots of dark shadows, etc. And showing, usually, front, back, and maybe side views.Adopting more natural poses - not with your arms in unnatural position - would...
It's a traditional look, I grant you. But then, in opting to wear a navy blazer in the first place, one is typically at least giving a nod toward the traditional. So while the brass buttons may not be required, they're certainly not an inappropriate choice.Yeah, I get that some blazers are very modern and fashion forward, and attempt to transform the traditional garment into something fresh and new. But the sort of blazers most people actually wear (as opposed to what...
Don't forget to undo the stitch that holds the jacket vents closed, if you buy the suit. Keeping the jacket's side pockets basted closed is at least arguably defensible, but the jacket vents are another story. I mention this, as I have, in fact, seen men wear very nice new suits in which such vent stitches had not been removed. Hey, details matter. Anyway, the sleeves are too short. Shortening sleeves is usually a "See Spot run" sort of alteration - very basic and...
If you have a personal preference for brown horn buttons, that's fine. But brass buttons on a blazer are equally fine. (I have a personal preference for vanilla ice cream, to chocolate. That doesn't make vanilla an inherently better flavor than chocolate.)
Okay. Some strangers at a store told you a couple of things which have caused you to question what you thought you knew about blazers.I'm a stranger to you. Let me tell you a few things of my own.Navy blazers are not at all difficult to match to pants. You can wear a navy blazer with chinos. It's a classic look, although as a general sort of rule, it works best on younger men. Past college age, and a pair of wool dress pants will often tend to be a somewhat superior...
You're still looking after 3+ years?In any case, you're not talking about much equipment, so you don't need a huge bag. And you've already rejected the idea of buying one of the usual brands.So I'd say the answer is pretty obvious - Get yourself a stylish, leather handbag.But if you're dead set on a messenger-type bag, fine, get one of them. Find one which appeals to you aesthetically, and which is within your price range, and buy it.Do any of the bags in B&H's article on...
The sleeves look fine. The pants are too tight.
I notice that nearly all of your posts ask whether a shirt or jacket fits right and looks good.Fine.But why not (1) post some better quality photos, and (2) offer your own opinion as to how the item fits and looks? Along with your reasons for liking (or disliking) the fit/look. This is key - don't just offer that you think something looks good or fits well. Try to articulate just why you believe this is so.This would be a nice way to get a discussion going on some...
I wouldn't do it.Use a slightly different knot (if not a half Windsor, then something else - a double four-in-hand, maybe). Or buy shorter ties - even "regular" length ties can vary by an inch or two between brands. Or get your ties shortened - a relatively easy, inexpensive alteration. Or let the front of your tie hang a whole quarter of an inch longer, which would still leave it looking okay, and which would result in the front of your tie being longer than the narrow...
I suppose if you were in a situation where you wished to conceal or obscure your presence, wearing camouflage - pants, shirt, smock, jacket, hat, whatever - might make sense. You know, like if you were a wildlife photographer stalking dangerous or easily spooked game in the wild. Or if you were engaged in some sort of military exercise where you didn't want your position to be easily determined. Or situation like that. But I confess I have no particular expertise when it...