or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Jos. A. Bank offers 100% cotton seersucker suit, usually on sale for $100-150. It's honestly not a bad suit. And, of course, if you don't like it you can always return it to your local JAB store for an easy refund. Single breasted, double-breasted, traditional fit, tailored fit, pleated pants, plain front pants, 2-button, 3-button, Stays Cool smart fabric lining, conventional lining, with TravelerCrease or without, regular sizing and extended sizing, and in about a half...
I understand what you're saying, but bear in mind that it's usually wiser to save up until you have a little more money so that you can buy higher quality shoes. Maybe that means owning fewer pairs. That's okay. Generally, 3 pairs of excellent shoes win out over 6 pairs of mediocre ones.Well, just a thought. But whichever way you go with this, don't blow off shoe maintenance. Properly cared for (cleaning, caring for the leather, shoe trees, etc.) a quality pair of shoes...
What you should do is take it up a notch, and start sporting a boutonniere.
Not an issue. Don't be like the fellow who refuses to wear a navy blazer, out of fear that he'll be mistaken for a shopping mall security guard.Assuming you're wearing a nice pair of trousers and appropriate shoes (so we're not even touching upon the possibility of a tie or jacket), nobody will be joking about your appearance. Just put it out of your mind, okay?
I can't comment on those specific percentages, but about 2 years back, I purchased a Brooks Brothers single-breasted navy blazer, that's 37% silk, 33% linen, and 30% wool. It seems to be one of those items Brooks offers once every few years, so while I don't think it's on the website now, maybe it will be in 2016 or 2017. I'm quite pleased with it. It looks good, with an interesting bit of texture, and is a little cooler than my other blazers for summer wear (and summers...
Fair enough.I only raised the question in response to something you had stated, but I acknowledge that it's off-topic and in any case you've a perfect right not to address the question.I'm admittedly something of a traditionalist, in that probably 60% of my business suits are from Brooks Brothers 1818 line. They're certainly not the finest suits in the world regardless of price, but they're not obscenely overpriced when on sale and they meet my needs quite nicely. I mean,...
My apologies for veering off-topic, and it's not that I disbelieve you, but what business owner hires a 21 year old as a business consultant? Seriously, I'm curious about this. It's not like you could have a long list of impressive academic credentials in your subject area, or many years of successful business operation to your credit, by age 21. Well, unless you started with your own lemonade stand at age 9, grew it to a company with 1200 lemonade stands in 43 states by...
Once someone is among the best known and most successful men in the UK, he can carry his papers in a supermarket carrier bag and get considerable respect (or at least be treated seriously by those with whom he chooses to conduct business), because he'll still be among the best known and most successful men in the UK.But for the 99.9998% of men who have not achieved such lofty heights as to be recognized as a World Class Mover and Shaker , appearances can still matter. I...
J&J Alterations & Cleaning, on York Rd., in Lutherville (so a little north of Baltimore). I get most of my minor alterations done there, and can recommend them for that. They do a decent job on dry cleaning, too. Roughly 100% better than, say, nearby Zips. 'Course, saying a place does a better job than Zips is faint praise, indeed. But to be fair, Zips has inexpensive "in by 9, out by 5" service, while J&J requires a few days turnaround time.
Absolutely not.Try to match brown with brown. But worrying about getting a perfect match for each and every shade of brown is excessive and unnecessary.If you mostly wear lighter brown shoes, get a lighter brown belt. If you mostly wear darker brown shoes, get a darker brown belt.