or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

The Walmart hangers are Proman Contoured Suit Hangers, which are sold by many retailers, Walmart simply being one of them. If nobody's interested in proxying them for you, I'm sure you could find them from various merchants willing to ship to Canada.Wait, let me do a froogle.com check on it...Okay, you could order them for Canadian delivery from Wayfair, Linens N Things, BeyondStores, and Barnes and Noble. Probably from other places, too, but I stopped checking after...
Contoured suit hangers are, of course, available from a myriad of sources. But the vast majority of the time, they're made of wood - not plastic.Any particular reason why you want plastic ones? Wood arguably has some functional advantage as a hanger material, is easier to find with a pronounced contour (most plastic suit hangers are not all that thick), and will likely be regarded as more aesthetically pleasing my most people. And given how much the average suit costs,...
Well, choosing a pair of sneakers might be a topic better suited to the Streetwear & Denim forum, than to the Classic Menswear forum. And I can't say that any of those ridiculously expensive sneakers appeal to me in the first place. But leaving all that aside... It's your question, so don't require others to do all the heavy lifting for you. Instead, tell us which you prefer. Explain what you considered in reaching that decision. Then ask for others' take on your...
If I agree to help you and to complete your survey, will you agree to post a link to your thesis when it's completed?
Three is the traditional number, but modern day, ready-to-wear tuxedo shirts are far more likely to have four.I prefer three. If you were getting a bespoke shirt made, okay, then I suppose I'd suggest you go with three. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it all that much.If it's got 5 stud holes, avoid it. One's got to draw a line somewhere.Often true.It's something to keep in mind if you own many vintage stud sets with 3 studs each, I guess.I don't doubt that there are...
There are occasions where looking "interesting" or "creative" is a plus. There are other occasions where it's a huge minus. Where "boring" is precisely the look one is after. Or, let's be charitable, and call it not so much boring, as conventional, traditional, and expected. They understood just what sort of occasion it was, and dressed accordingly.
Trench coats and rain coats certainly aren't as popular as they were 50 years ago, but no, they're not extinct. Of course, it's August. Assuming you live somewhere where August is the hottest month of the year - and your mention of people wearing cargo shorts suggests this is the case - that might go a long way toward explaining why not many people yesterday were wearing trench or rain coats. Even on a rainy day, the weather may be on the warm or humid side, and given...
Official Styleforum Shoe Care Thread
Assuming you're not going to be wearing, say, a tuxedo, and you're simply looking for recommendations for a white dress shirt with French cuffs and a spread collar, the choices are quite extensive. Without knowing your preferences in terms of fit and fabric - and budget, for that matter - along with your location (NYC, Hong Kong, Paris, Cape Town, or what?), it's almost impossible to know where to begin.Rather like being told, "I live somewhere on Earth. I like red wine...
Because the winds of fashion blow first in one direction, then in another. Thus do fashion magazines ever have new pictures to print, manufacturers and merchants new sales to ring up, advertising agencies new accounts from which to pay Don Draper and Darrin Stephens their bonuses, and novelty-seekers new clothing to purchase.A question perhaps better posed over on the Streetwear & Denim side of the room.To someone who defines "looking good," as being dressed in what is...