or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Probably 1.75". That's more or less the "default" cuff height, I suppose, with some men going a quarter of an inch less, or a quarter of an inch more. But honestly, it sounds like you may be overthinking - or at least unnecessarily worrying over - the whole "proportions matter" thing. Simply decide which look you prefer, and go with that. Nobody's going to give you a style down check for being off by 0.25" from the cuff height they prefer. It's truly not a big deal....
upcoming, I have taken the liberty of creating a new thread in this forum. "upcoming Asks You About His Shirt," is a thread where you can ask as many questions as you like regarding the fit of your shirt. No other topics of conversation will be permitted there. You're welcome.
This thread is for upcoming to ask (and ask and ask and ask) people what they think of the fit of his shirt. It is intended to consolidate all his upcoming's shirt fit questions into a single thread, and thus benefit the SF community greatly and for a long time to come.
Do you not know of SF's Official Shoe Care Thread? Or is there some reason why you do not care to ask your question there?
If your shoes feel too tight, it means they are too tight. Return them. Get your feet measured with a Brannock Device. They may not be a 14D; our shoe sizes can change over the years. But even if you are a 14D, these specific shoes are too tight. They do not fit. And life is too short to wear too tight shoes. (And the potential long-term foot problems which can result from wearing the wrong size shoes.)
Perhaps you didn't notice my response when you posed this question last week. It's rather long, so rather than copying and pasting it here, you can find it at http://www.styleforum.net/t/79716/ask-a-question-get-an-answer-post-all-quick-questions-here-classic-menswear/29950_50#post_7699276Alternatively, perhaps you keep asking for opinions on the fit of your shirt because you're seeking approval from a bunch of strangers who post to SF. If that is the case, I would ask you...
I don't much care for sharkskin, but I acknowledge that it is a traditional American staple.I guess it's sort of similar to the way some people don't like seersucker, which is also a traditional American staple. (Although, honestly, how anyone cannot like seersucker is beyond me.)Man, come summer, I am definitely going to get some use out of my seersucker suit. Although perhaps I'll wear the pieces individually, more often than I'll wear both the trousers and the jacket...
It's fine. Assuming you take proper care of your shoes (so when they get wet, no drying them on the radiator or in the microwave), they will not fall apart if you wear them 2-3 times per week. The major advantage of having a third (or fourth, or fifth, or etc.) pair, is that you'll have a wider range of footwear from which to choose when you get dressed in the morning.
Without further details, the question isn't sufficiently specific to permit a meaningful response. It's the equivalent of, "I'm going out to dinner tomorrow night. Please recommend a restaurant. I'm not going to tell you where I am or what I like, so as not to bias you."
I think it somewhat unlikely that Nordstrom lists "Filipino ethnicity," as a qualification for the job. Such being the case, and especially if the 3 stands you've been to happen to be the same general geographic area, I'd assume it's nothing more than some mixture of coincidence and local demographics. (Are these stands in an area with a significant Filipino population?) It certainly doesn't apply to my local Nordstrom (in Baltimore County, Maryland).Of course, since...