or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

"KEEP THE QUALITY UP," and "PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A..," and "INTEGRITY HONOR TRADITION."Almost seems like HF is trying too hard with this label. True quality can afford to speak softly; it needn't shout.
While I truly don't disagree with you about the look in question, many men would be willing to wear an ugly outfit in order to support a close friend or relative at his wedding.After all, over the years countless women have put up with wearing hideous bridesmaids' dresses.But I agree that politely declining an invitation to be included in the wedding party is always an option. I don't know that I'd do so out of distaste for the clothing, but I nearly did so once because I...
I suspect that whatever you're told about this umbrella's place on the masculine/feminine spectrum, there will remain at least a small voice in the back of your head which will suggest to you that you look a little off, carrying around that umbrella.And if you have a little voice in your head, whispering to you that something you're wearing (or an accessory you're using - umbrella, pen, briefcase, etc.) isn't quite right, you're just not going to be totally comfortable...
So take the shoes in question to someone who shines shoes professionally and who has a reputation for doing a good job. And let the pro fix it. Explain to the guy exactly what the problem is. Show it to him. Explain what you would ideally like the shoes to look like when you pick them up. Look at his face, and see if he nods up and down, as if he understands what you're saying to him.If he gets the shoes looking the way you want them, see to it you not only pay him, but...
Tweedmans Vintage
It may not be as ideal as, say, solid charcoal, but it's dark and the pattern's subtle, so as a real world thing your friend could wear it and be okay.Funerals are not fashion shows. Sure, one should make an effort to dress respectfully, but anybody who criticizes a funeral attendee for being other than ideally attired has his priorities somewhat screwed up.
Awesome. A completely unlawful imprisonment!The money I'd get in the resulting civil suit would cover the cost of a whole new wardrobe, maybe even including bespoke shoes. Plus, a colleague of mine has had a rough couple of months (she's in the midst of an unusually ugly divorce), and I know letting her handle this matter for me would cheer her up. I mean, who doesn't like an easy win? Plus, if it's a slow news day, she might even manage to score some face time on one of...
About a year and a half ago, I picked up a late '60's Tissot Seastar, via eBay. My first Tissot. The size and the uncluttered dial w/trapazoidal date window, appealed to me. (The current fashion for wristwatches the size of a pie plate, and the better part of an inch thick, with multiple sub-dials, isn't to my taste.) It keeps good time for a mechanical movement (calibre 782-1), which isn't to say that it (or almost any mechanical watch) comes close to the accuracy of a...
You really need to try on the specific makes and models of the shoes you're considering, to determine which would be the best fit for you. I get how this may not be the answer you wanted, but it really is the only good answer to your question.Even if one company's lasts, in general, tend to be a little wide in some ways, or a little narrow in others, shoe fit is just such an individual thing that relying on generalities of manufacturer style as even a rough guide to good...