or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Just something like the tried and true Brooks Bros. 1818 Madison fit suit, or the sort of suit you see worn by many men, particularly men of middle age or above (not that it's impossible to find a traditional-fitting suit on a 25 year old, or some ridiculously close-ftting monstrosity on a 65 year old).It's a fuller fit, as opposed to the sort of "modern" fit often found from, say, Suit Supply.I can't understand why you'd need to see pictures. Both types of suits are...
All of my suits are of a fuller, more traditional cut. I don't feel at all self-conscious about wearing them.None of them are sack suits, however. Sack suits are, these days, extremely uncommon. To the extent that if one wants to buy a sack suit, it can require a fair amount of shopping around. I seldom see people wearing them.
They're more like trench jackets - a type of garment in search of a reason for existing. Like the goose down-stuffed seersucker suit. Also, the trench "coat" in question looks somewhat feminine to me, although the model and the pose probably exaggerate this. Still, not to my taste, although to each his own, eh?That its MSRP is $1795 just makes the whole thing all the more laughable. Were it an item on sale for $39 at Old Navy, it'd still strike me as a mistake, but there...
I prefer grey lenses. Grey is much more color-neutral than are green, brown, amber, etc. (which is why photographic neutral density filters are grey, and not some other color), and I like keeping color shift to a minimum. Of course, some people may believe that the color distortion is beneficial, and can provide valuable contrast in certain conditions, which explains some of the popularity of amber sunglass lenses, particularly for driving. (Yellow/amber was traditionally...
I only see tassels on the top one, and the third from the top. The other two don't appear to be tassel loafers, so I'm going to say they're automatically the least versatile tassel loafers pictured. Of the two tassel loafers, the top one's the most versatile. Simply because the other one's suede, and suede is seldom more versatile than non-suede.If you meant to ask which is the most versatile loafer, regardless of tassel status, the general rule is that leather beats...
Well, a pinstripe suit has always struck me as being about as "business" an item as any suit can be.Whereas, to me, gingham checks have long carried with them "country" (not business or city) connotations. Probably just a result of my having seen Jethro Bodine wear gingham check shirts all those times in Beverly Hillbillies episodes. Maybe along with my not being able to recall a single time when my father worn a gingham shirt with a suit and tie. It was usually a solid...
If they're throwing you off, if you're not completely comfortable wearing them, then don't wear them.It truly doesn't matter that someone else may tell you they're okay to wear together. You're thrown off by the prospect of wearing them together. So don't wear them together. It's honestly as simple as that.There are many men who are uncomfortable with the prospect of wearing loafers with suits, or wearing bow ties, or wearing seersucker, or wearing argyle socks, or...
Perhaps more to the point than its lameness, is the question of its relevance to the Classic Menswear forum. Admittedly, I'm not super-familiar with the Streetwear & Denim forum, but I have to think discussion of Converse photo T-shirts would fit in better over there, than here.
You don't think that plenty of people on SF care about fashion trends? Excuse me while I laugh.Sure, I prefer a more traditional, non-short-and-tight look. But I'm a dinosaur. Albeit, a well dressed one.
Because it's currently fashionable. It's the current trend. It's what is seen in magazines and on pop culture celebrities.Eventually, pants with a significant break and a more generous inseam will be in fashion. And many of the great dressers will follow that trend.It's rather like asking why so many opt for narrow lapels. Or slim-fitting jackets. Fashions change. If they didn't, they wouldn't be fashions; they'd be eternals.