or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Was the salesperson who told you the shoes had to be worn with insoles, someone who had insoles available to sell to you?Because if this is so, might it not be just barely possible that he was trying to make a sale?I know, I know... I'm impossibly cynical, thinking that a salesperson might lie to a customer, in order to chalk up a sale of some unnecessary accessory.Okay, I'll try to be more trusting, and simply suggest that not everyone who sells shoes is an expert in...
What do you think about that combination?Why?
Probably not inherently so, although I've no problem believing that your cashmere jackets happen to be warmer than your non-cashmeres.FWIW, my silk/linen/cashmere (equal percentages of each) blazer is the coolest blazer I own. And I don't find my cashmere sweaters to be any warmer than my merino sweaters.I guess what it comes down to is, cashmere (like most wools) can be used to create an uncommonly warm garment, but it needn't be used that way, and often is not used that...
Naples is, on average, somewhat warmer than NYC. However, NYC "enjoys" higher summer humidity, which more than makes up for the temperature difference.Anyway, I agree that 11+ oz. is on the heavy side. Well, by modern day standards, anyway. Weights tended to be heavier back in the early and mid-20th century - rather the opposite of what might seem reasonable, given how common air conditioning has become, but there you have it. The heavier weight stuff can look quite nice...
I certainly think it's too tight. Then again, there are people - some of them on SF - who find nothing wrong with clothing which strikes me as ridiculously tight. So whatever answer it is you want to hear, I'm sure you'll hear it from various parties.
I'd be much happier wearing an older suit with 3.5 - 3.75" lapels, than I would be wearing most of the currently fashionable modern/short/tight style suits.
Traditionally, pinstriped suits are for work, not for social events. Solid suits could be worn for either purpose.I won't tell you that everyone will gasp in shock upon seeing a wedding guest in a striped suit. It's definitely not a horribly offensive mistake. But all things being equal, it would be far preferable for you to choose a solid suit if you're not going to wearing it very often to work, and will be wearing it on social occasions.Charcoal and navy are both...
Try one or two shirts each, from several likely prospects. Determine which you like best. Stock up from that source.If you have no idea where the likely prospects may be found, do a search of past posts here on SF. Moderately priced dress shirts have been mentioned in a post or two here, over the years.Me? I like Brooks Brothers. But my fabric and tailoring preferences may not be your preferences. My build may not be anything like your build. My needs may not be anything...
I certainly wouldn't care for that look, but perhaps more to the point - What is the wedding's dress code? What I mean is, if the wedding's very casual, and half the men present will be in jeans, then what you describe would simply be highly unappealing. Whereas if the wedding's relatively formal, and most of the men will be in suits (or even tuxedos - and yes, in the USA, in the 21st century, it's not uncommon for tuxedos to be worn daytime weddings), your suggested look...
Maybe. What do you think? Why?Also - and I've mentioned this to you previously - you need to learn to take pictures which permit one to more accurately determine how something looks on you. Taking a photo from an unnaturally low perspective, with the camera pointed up at you, makes it unnecessarily difficult to determine how something like a jacket actually looks on you.Chances are, most of the people who see you in the course of a day don't do so from the height of your...