or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

It may not be as ideal as, say, solid charcoal, but it's dark and the pattern's subtle, so as a real world thing your friend could wear it and be okay.Funerals are not fashion shows. Sure, one should make an effort to dress respectfully, but anybody who criticizes a funeral attendee for being other than ideally attired has his priorities somewhat screwed up.
Awesome. A completely unlawful imprisonment!The money I'd get in the resulting civil suit would cover the cost of a whole new wardrobe, maybe even including bespoke shoes. Plus, a colleague of mine has had a rough couple of months (she's in the midst of an unusually ugly divorce), and I know letting her handle this matter for me would cheer her up. I mean, who doesn't like an easy win? Plus, if it's a slow news day, she might even manage to score some face time on one of...
About a year and a half ago, I picked up a late '60's Tissot Seastar, via eBay. My first Tissot. The size and the uncluttered dial w/trapazoidal date window, appealed to me. (The current fashion for wristwatches the size of a pie plate, and the better part of an inch thick, with multiple sub-dials, isn't to my taste.) It keeps good time for a mechanical movement (calibre 782-1), which isn't to say that it (or almost any mechanical watch) comes close to the accuracy of a...
You really need to try on the specific makes and models of the shoes you're considering, to determine which would be the best fit for you. I get how this may not be the answer you wanted, but it really is the only good answer to your question.Even if one company's lasts, in general, tend to be a little wide in some ways, or a little narrow in others, shoe fit is just such an individual thing that relying on generalities of manufacturer style as even a rough guide to good...
Most suits - not all, but most - have a 6-inch drop between jacket size and waist size. Your last suit had a 7-inch drop. Some suits do. Particularly - but not exclusively - suits in a more athletic cut. (As something of an aside, I'm not certain someone who wears a 40L, with a 36" waist, should necessarily be looking for suits with decidedly athletic cuts. But that's neither here, nor there.) Anyway, buy a 40L suit, with the extremely common 6" drop. That'll leave you...
I should have mentioned that as another reason I like Lands' End polos. I generally dislike wearing clothing logos.(As an aside, I'll also typically have the dealer omit/remove most of the branding on the back of my new car. I mean, a single manufacturer's symbol doesn't really bother me, but the name of the manufacturer, the model of the car, the sub-model, the dealer's name, etc., just strikes me as distasteful. But hey, I get that some folks want branding. All the...
Yup. Been wearing one version or another of Lands' End polo for decades now.
Perhaps you're mismeasuring your chest. Perhaps you just happen to try on brands which label according to some... unique... conception of size. Perhaps your body shape and/or shoulder-to-chest ratio is weird. Perhaps your standard of "too big" is not in line with what most people would regard as too big. Perhaps something else entirely.In any case, does it really matter? Just as a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, so will a properly-fitting jacket fit you...
Charles Tyrwhitt (www.ctshirts.com) has gingham shirts, with spread collars, in your price range. A couple are available in sky blue. So not quite navy, but if sky is close enough for you... Nor would I be surprised if Lands End had what you want. Maybe Brooks Brothers, too, although at Brooks you might need to wait for a sale to get it for under $70.