or Connect

Posts by 12345Michael54321

Right. The same way that modern heating has rendered the sweater outmoded, such that someone under the age of 50 has probably never even seen one.
As GBR note, "finance" covers an awful lot of ground. And "office wear" is similarly broad. So let me ask you - at your place of work, do men with positions roughly comparable to yours sometimes wear suits similar to the one in question? If they do, then it's likely that the suit in question is suitable for office wear at your place of work. If they do not, then you'd be taking more of a risk in wearing it to your place of work. It's really not a complicated...
Wear it with black shoes of roughly equivalent formality.Unless the belt or the shoes are way out of the ordinary, that general rule will serve you just fine.
I think a good argument could be made that that was not in any sense a dress shirt. Never mind that it had buttons up the front and a collar.(Obligatory "I'm as patriotic as the next guy" disclaimer.)
Leather is the traditional material out of which footwear (including the soles of shoes) is crafted. This has been so for many generations. During that time, countless leather-soled shoes have been exposed to rain. It's not typically been a huge problem for most people.This doesn't mean that leather soles are necessarily the best choice for wear in extremely wet conditions. But if you have them on your feet once in a while on a moderately rainy day, it's okay. Let your...
And, indeed, often it's better that they not be a perfect match. So long as the colors are similar enough to work together harmoniously, you're probably fine. With some maintaining that extreme attention to getting a perfect match can actually be a negative thing, like spending 10 minutes fussily arranging a pocket square.
Depends. If this first date at the restaurant is for dinner, I'd say "no" to seersucker.I like seersucker. I own and wear seersucker. But I see it as more of a daytime thing, not an evening thing.
Well, as I've already said, 1" (25.4mm) really is the norm. For such a belt, one obvious suggestion would be a sterling silver engine-turned belt buckle, such as the iconic Tiffany version, pictured below. (And get the monogrammed initials hand engraved, not machine engraved.) I think there are a few sources for such buckles sized to fit a 1 3/16" belt - I'm pretty sure Trafalgar offers such a buckle, and there must be others. 1 3/16" is within 100 microns or so of...
It varies widely. Very widely.I guess it's not impossible that they'd be the same length and width, but I definitely wouldn't assume this.XS heights. Seriously, it varies. You have to try it on and decide.If you can't try it on, don't buy. Or only buy if there's a really easy and inexpensive return policy in place.If you can try it on, and do try it on, and you're still not sure, it's 95% certain that it's too short. But hey, post pictures here let other people tell you...
Either would work, although I've come to believe that most of the time, a pair of actual wool pants tend to work better with a blue jacket than do khakis. Particularly if one is no longer a teenager. If the pants would be too dressy, then the jacket is too dressy. Exceptions exist, but they're just that - exceptions, not the general rule.