or Connect

Posts by horton

80% lean, lots of pepper, salt and then add olive oil and work through in an attempt to coat the fibriles. The oil is the trick (Schlow burger -- chef from Radius in Boston). Don't overwork the burger formation then fried onions -- slice thin and cook in fair amount of oil until golden -- then let drain and they'll crisp up nicely mayo with horseradish and some lemon juice and the best cheddar-type cheese you can find. good rolls
anyone know when the next Louis sale is?
I would strongly recommend desert wines. A decent bar -- eg good restaraunt or hotel -- will have a decent selection. Like many women, she might like her drinks sweeter and less acoholic. I am a big fan of desert wines, personally, but not a fan of them for cocktails -- but if someone (e.g. my wife) digs them, more power to them depending where you go, consider sauternes, vin santos, ice wines
I've seen it mentioned that the Belgian designers like Dries van Noten are an expression of deconstructionism. While I don't know enough about Dries clothing to form an opinion on that particular designer I have seen clothing design elements which I think can fairly be characterized that way, e.g., exposed seams , asymmetry etc. Likewise, some designers seem more proletariat. I'd be interested to know what other philosophies and thought processes underpin the various...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dewey The mania for high armholes and trim sleeves is fashion. It's a feature of this decade. Fullness of the sleeves used to rank up there will roll of the lapel when men where taught how to distinguish the quality of a suit. There are good reasons to want fullness in the sleeve, so that will probably come back before too long. Unless these people are going for a chunk of the Polo market, and I don't think they are, then I...
i was told Finamore at one point. I bought it, and have been unimpressed. sleeves almost certainly set by machine based on looking at seams
white marble looks great but can stain especially with red wine. Those stains IMO are not charming because they are likely to be the rings/circles from bottles and glasses left on it overnight after a party if you feel comfortable enough to be on guard for that, they look great There are a ton of granite option so if you like stone (I do) you ought to be able to find something also there are a lot of nice wood options from very functional (e.g., end grain butcher...
Looks great. I can vouch for the Louis cut. I have a very similar jacket to the first one and it is extremely light and soft to wear, and has a slimmer fit than most other Belvest.
My doctor (cardiologist) first had me try a dieatary approach but the results fell short so now am member of the so-called "steak and statin crowd" with lipitor. Total down, good cholesterol up. Dr is very happy with the results. I would urge to first try the dieatary approach as advocated above (i.e., with lots of research too -- if just to understand the issue better), but I wouldn't fear the drug approach if the diet doesn't work. If diet had worked for me I...
It is easy. In another thread I posted a pizza recipe including for the dough. I use the same dough For grilling, make sure the grill is real hot -- that's one of the primary benefits of grilling Make your dough, roll it out to size but keep it on the smaller side. Brush on oil to one side which will first go on grill. when you place it on grill, let it dangle a bit and let the dangling edge catch the grill farther away from you. This will temporarily stick...