or Connect

Posts by horton

Congrats. I'd urge you to wear your full retail one as much as possible too. While naturally you might want to avoid foul weather, I think the best respect you can give to clothing is to wear it into the ground.
I'm very happy with my Henderson's.
LA Guy said it best. Andrew, besides his informative posts, has always made himself available to answer questions via PM and never made me feel stupid -- no matter how stupid my questions were.
2 cents: I'd suggest going understated. A bespoke suit fitting a 14 drop is not the law firm image. I'g get shoulders that fit and sleeves that show cuff and make the jacket show some figure, but as I said in an understated way. Likewise pay attention to the shirt and tie - tasteful but not flashy Being a partner at one of the muckety-muck lawfirms, I look for people who have enough sense to dress well, but not too much so, at least not as a first year. The most...
I guess I've been lucky, but I'm at way less than 1% being corked, and I drink a lot of wine. I've always thought the move to screw-tops was bull, more based in greed than reality
anything touched by Thomas Kellher (sp?) or from his cookbooks, if done properly. a perfect pizza made with real water buffalo mozzarella
I agree with Iammatt. If you think you like a dry martinin, try some different vermouth. I also think there's a big difference (both for vodka and gin) whether you stir the drink versus shaking it. Shaking really does "bruise" the gin, though I have no reason why this is the case. I like putting the alcohol in a shaker (or other holder) with a lot of ice and then stirring (e.g., with a chopstick) 2 or 3 times and that's it. The less time on/with the ice, the better.
First, I think everything you say makes sense. But perhaps the wiser course is to cut some slack. No one is perfect, and it's a reflection on oneself on how you deal with less than perfect or even annoying people. If the irrational behavior becomes more frequent/habitual or your tolerance seems to encourage more nutty behvior, then I'd say it's time to move on. For now though I'd say move forward; the relationship (if that's what to call it) may become stronger as a...
who makes RLPL blazers these days?
I bought a pair as well. Ben is great and I'm sure would accept a return if you were clear in advance that you wanted to check things out. As mentioned above, they are on the trim side -- ala a lot of european fitting/styling. They have the belt loop and split back details of Incotex but I don't know enough about the brands to confirm whether that's sufficient to prove they are from Incotex. I have been very happy with my pair, and they are tremendous value at...