or Connect

Posts by horton

Go to Louis 1. It's an institution and the store itself is worth seeing 2. I go there often. I think they were in a rut a year or two back. They are not what they were but I think that's by design and it's fine. I think there current selection is really good. 3. If you're looking for stuff that's a little edgier than what they used to carry (e.g., Zegna Brioni) you'll find it with Marni, Dries, Barrett. If you want stuff less edgy, there's Kiton, Belvest (with...
on their loafers i run true to size; on their ankle boat shoes i had to size down a half (they are ridiculously comfortable right out of the box)
i don't think you should buy things on a stretch. you need to wear things with a certain care free attitude. if you buy things on a strech the shoes might look great, but your worrying about them wont
vaclav is a very gifted and creative writer. I love his thread with yoga and sock suspenders
I'd suggest getting an as-private-as-you-can-afford tour of the Uffizi.
I wouldn't worry about your matching your belt. Get the cut and color that looks best on you. Everything else will fall into place.
generally BC 50 is trim, in my experience. I have one in cotton and one in cashmere and this was true in both cases.
you can usually tell by color. XVO is green (I would not use it for cooking at all) and "regular" olive oil is yellow. Great for cooking as long as you don't use for ultra hot -- e.g., searing steaks
be careful on sizing. In my experience they runat least a half size larger than labeled
a real simple one is basic pan cooking -- olive oil and butter. Then once done make a brown butter add some sage or thyme and a little lemon juice at the end. Shave some good parmesan on the thighs and pour the brown butter over the cheese.