or Connect

Posts by horton

I'd be surprised if you need to take them in. They have a slim but not restrictive cut
is there an easy way to tell which is blake and which is goodyear? and is there a real difference between the two methods for this brand of shoe? much thanks
I know Louis Boston at least used to carry them; I don't know if they still do. Yoox has several pairs (or had) on-line, one of which has quite interesting stitching and soles (soles are more antiqued than the uppers). http://www.yoox.com/item/BONORA+Lace.../areaid/36/st/ The leather is incredible to my un-expert eyes, and I know nothing about the construction. I like the way they look and feel and am deciding whether to keep or not; if people tell me they'll...
I'm interested in people's thoughts on these shoes in terms of quality and styling. Thanks
I'm no expert on this, but I use Jack Black moisturizer and like it. Would be interested in thoughts of others. I used to use AoS products for shaving, but have switched to some of the English products you see favorably mentioned on this board, e.g., Trumpers
Either for fun or shopping or whatever. It's been over 10 years since my last visit. Thanks
In line with other comments, I think the first question is what drives you to bespoke? If RTW for whatever reason never seems to fit right on you, no matter what the maker, then you'll appreciate the fit of bespoke (and probably MTM too). If RTW fits reasonably well, it's a more difficult decision. I think a huge factor will be the quality of the tailor you have access to. My own preference is to have the bespoke suit be more of the workhorse suit that I'll...
do yourself a favor and buy one of the sweaters from Lance. You won't touch a deal like that elsewhere
second the recommendation for Rizzos. Cost will be 1700-2400 depending on fabric selection. Having said that, if you can get past the price, you won't regret it. Likewise, if you don't "need" bespoke he does amazing alterations, and can make an off the rack fit perfectly. I bought a Kiton sportsjacket on ebay (thanks BostonPainter) that under other circumstances I would say either it fits perfect or I return it (i.e., no alterations other than perhaps sleeve...
almost any brown, even tan, are possible depending on other things, e.g., shade of gray, formality