or Connect

Posts by horton

Just received a shipment from the usual suspects, e.g., Louis, that is reasonably good, especially for more casual sportier pieces. Also received suits and trousers from Barbera oddly enough all priced the same even though they come from different lines of LB. They include tons of basics (i.e., no lime green trousers). they also have shoes from Louis, though again the best pieces are the sportier ones, e.g., funky pumas, beguilin (sp?)
I'd suggest contacting Ian and seeing if you can get a money back refund if you decide to return. He is reasonable and ordinarily proivdes store credit for refunds, but for a purchase of this size, if it were me, I'd want to know in advance I can get my $$ back (absent shipping costs and perhaps some nominal re-stocking fee).
There may be town or city ordinances concerning when they may begin work. However I doubt you'll get far with those unless the violations are extreme. There are also nuisance laws (people are not free to do as they please with their property as suggested by prior post) but again I doubt you'll get far with these unless you're extremely upset and willing to spend $$$ I think the wisest course is perhaps to pursue more subtle means. Is the owner of the other...
The Sutors that have Sutor Mantellasi formed/engraved into the bottom surface of the shoe have the same nail pattern as the Borrellis. The dimpling if any, I believe, is observable on the inside near the front of the shoe (not near the heel). If I'm seeing things correctly, doesn't the underside of the Borrelli in your picture say "(something I can't tell) a mano" suggesting they're handmade
Unless he's changed his policies, he's very strict on all sales being final -- though he is responsive to questions.
ditto. You can even get NWT for that price with some patience. Or you can get a new Isaia from Sierra Trading Post. Having said that, if you haven't worn K before, you will most likely be tremendously pleased with how comfortable the jacket is -- like wearing pajamas. I would strongly encourage going to the absolute best tailor you can for alterations if any are needed so as not to upset the jacket's balance.
I just got back from Hawaii and while I was there I stopped in at Leather Soul in Waikiki. I was surprised by their large selection of Alden (dozens) and a relatively modest selection of EG (about 5 or 6 styles). Panzeraxe's comments must explain it though. Even the shell Alden's were roughly half the price of the EGs. All the Japanese customers seemed to be coveting the Aldens (much to my surprise at the time, but not now).
any coupons currently working? Thanks
odoreater, Don't be discouraged by Incotex. They have other models (I think it's called Sartoriale) that are a more full, traditional, less European cut. They tend to cost a lot more but if you keep your eyes peeled you'll see deals on ebay and here for such. The slimmest pants I've come across are some of the European styles/models for Borrelli. They should be called "tights" or "nylons".
Thanks for the info. In the ones I bought from Yoox, the sole is even closer to the upper than those shown above. I don't see stitching but that may be because the sole is so close to the upper that it's too hard to see. Does that suggest goodyear or blake?