or Connect

Posts by horton

wool works depending on the type/texture, e.g., super 150s
Kahala Hilton has since changed hands once or twice, to the Mandarin and then to some more generic name which I forget (and it's not clear to me whether it's owned by the Mandarin chain but they now find it not up to snuff to carry the Mandarin tag)
for 1.8k you may want to consider bespoke since you're seeking a fairly basic fabric pattern (i.e., nothing exclusive to Brioni)
Talk to lawyers who you respect or who are in careers/contexts that you think you're interested in. Ask them about the highs and lows and what daily work is like. If you test extremely well and can get into a top 20-25 school that will be a big factor in calibrating expectations for future opportunities. If you can get into an elite school all the better. If you can't get into a top school the prospects will change probably dramatically. Feel free to pm if you...
There is a wide spectrum in the pay scale and lifestyles. So a lot depends on what you want to do as a lawyer. If you are seeking the higher paying jobs in the larger firms, you'll need to consider the uncertainties with it -- i.e., partnership elevation etc. I would strongly urge trying to talk to as many lawyers as you can from whatever legal areas you are considering (e.g., hang your own shingle to large general practice firm etc.) Your prior work experience...
Some suggestions: 1. Go to the absolute best eye glass place/optician in your area and try a bunch on. The best places (at least for glasses) usually have the best help and they'll be quite good in finding things that look good on you as opposed to looking good in pictures. Skin tone, eye color and face shape are huge influences. 2. Consider buying more than one pair. I use one pair for work and another pair for weekends/play to better match your dress and needs...
Quote: Originally Posted by rssmsvc I love Belvest suits because they have no name recognition and can be had under 800. I agree. Belvest is a great suit (or sports jacket) that never seems to get the respect it deserves. Kiton, Isaia, Zegna, Luciano Barbera are also all great at different price points etc. Of course, "best" will be seriously influenced by preference of silhouette edit: I should have included Borrelli as well. ...
I am not a shoe expert so can't get into the nitty gritty. I've seen several at Louis that looked great. I bought a pair through Yoox (they may still have some) that I am very happy with. The ones on Yoox or more agressive than the ones they used to have at Louis.
and not vertically aligned? Still for giraffes? Thanks again for the opinions.
I'd appreciate opinions. Have they had their day or are they here to stay?