or Connect

Posts by horton

I have a pair too and like them. Mine do not have thick soles and are more of a lightweight derby (very good for spring and summer) I don't have wide experience with them but they remind me of Bonora
Wow. All I can say is that a lot of people seemed to have the opposite experience of what I had -- either that or they are super grumpy. Over the years I worked with Paul, then Bob, now Nick and have been very happy with the service and help. I'm not a super frequent customer -- typically 3 or 4 visits a year -- and they remember what I bought and typically know what I might like in the current selection. The current space is funkier than the pictures and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hans Their current location is only temporary, hence the somewhat limited collection. They are moving to Fan Pier in the spring: http://www.fanpierboston.com/ they are moving like 100 yards away
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Honestly, Louis sounds doomed to me. I predict that they hold the line for another year, and then start chasing cheaper goods down the slippery slope before going bust. - B That could all prove true. But to be honest, the old building was looking frayed at the edges and everything east of it on Boylston is a dump now (weird if you think about it) I think their "buy" was good for what they're...
To the extent they have streetwear it's on the fancier end, i.e., no denim or hoodies, but Brine pants (carried by Stels, and a good product0 and Burkman Bros shirts. It's more like Barneys than Stel's It's worth a look. I think they've struck the right balance for a wider audience than their typical one. They still have challenges as you noted (e.g., the general area right now is a wasteland with no other reason to go there)
Has anyone else been there? No more Kiton or Brioni. Much more affordable and they're touting their lower prices. I'd be surprised if they have anything for over 2k now. I know they get a lot of heat here, but I think a lot of it is undeserved. I think their new lines are much more in keeping with modern business casual. I actually liked a lot of what I saw.
+ 1 to communicate: honestly it will mean a lot to them by your just opening up re the practicalities: if you were a parent wouldn't you want your kid to be happier; plus you'll be more likely to help them if you find a career you'll be happy with and thrive.
Tom at Leather Soul used to carry these without the speed hook I agree with the speed hook comment. I have boots from Carmina, and the hooks sometimes catch the inside of your trousers
See if you can find pork chop recipe from Jasper White. He used to have a dish with porkchops and clams that needed porkbroth and was excellent
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I now understand the financial crisis. hilarious