or Connect

Posts by horton

they at least had Barrett shoes at ridiculous low prices on the latest markdown
while bespoke is supposed to be about getting a thing exactly as you want don't make the error of thinking that every (or even any) tailor can accomodate. Try to get a sense of the tailor's style or sweet spot by looking at his work and I'd suggest don't deviate too much from that. I'd also suggest going into the meeting with at least a rough sense of what you're looking for but talk to him about it and be open-minded. If he's any good he might have much better ideas...
Quote: Originally Posted by dkzzzz I think you are mistaking me for somone else. maybe i thought you were the guy who benches over 300 lbs and it shows in ill fitting jackets. sorry if i confused you with another
Quote: Originally Posted by dkzzzz And that would be true for custom, hand-stitched shirst as well like; oh, I don't know Borrelli? P.S. I don't have fav. designer , but I admit to getting sometimes inspired by some particular piece of designer clothing. Most people who are practicing bespoke route have taste and understand quality, but lack in personal style. Thus they often present a very well constructed and most comfortable garment that has no...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Two thoughts: 1. If the owner likes it, that is really the point. Even if I (we) do not. 2. Pictures are static, a well fit suit looks better in motion and we are moving most of the time. these are excellent points. also, with bespoke, the owner should be getting exactly what he wants which often translates to the owner wearing it with more confidence which in turn makes him look better.
To OP's point, I think the issue is whether he has access to the right tailors, e.g., his mention of Matt's Rubinacci. If you have a normal build, OTR can look great IMO. An honest seller would tell you, however, that when you buy a high end garment (e.g., Kiton) it's about the fabric as much as anything else. You're not paying 3k+ for the silhouette (even though it's nice). Kiton's schtick is exclusivity on their fabrics. You're paying for that, significant labor...
I just called Stel's where I recently bought APC and had them altered. Consistent with J, they said don't put in the dryer and I should be fine.
If you truly feel that way about her, I wouldn't give up so easily. There's a lot of sound advice above, but I would urge giving it a second, third fourth shot and at some point tell her what you just told the board. if she doesn't bite, then follow all the other advice above. She might be acting the way she is because she's hurt, and she might still be recovering from your prior behvior: break up, then hook-up when convenient. If she's as smart as you think she is...
anyone go today? was it worth going?
FWIW: I don't remember my brand, but I have a small travel steamer and while it's fine for wool, I wouldn't recommend it for cotton. It would take so long you'd be better off with an iron in terms of quality and time. Maybe things are different with those larger floor model steamers