or Connect

Posts by horton

Anna has an amazing collection of fabrics all top notch. You need not worry about finding fabrics you like pretty much whatever your taste I think she tends to like collars that sit high. Another tailor told me that (a) many more shirts in yesteryear used to have collars that were slightly taller than today and (b) it tends to let the collar sit nicer if unbottoned. The latter makes sense to me as the collar can be a little more vertical and less prone to that fly...
Have you considered just staying in Capri and taking the boat (fairly quick)
prices don't suck
Chorse, those are the travel jacket models from last year at least. Louis Boston is selling this year's models for 1500+ They are very, very nice. The pics from Yoox are horrible When worn properly there's a natural lapel roll which looks great but isn't in the pics
they're probably not purple and instead a dark brown with some funky lighting; ask the seller, though. they're perfectly fine for suits, though I agree with earlier posters that they're a bit on the casual side and not for the more formal situations. In fact, for less formal occasions they'll make you look that much better.
+1 on Stels especially for service. I know next to nothing about denim but felt well taken care of (and not advantage of) there. I think the person above may be thinking of Jon but everyone there seemed nice and helpful Riccardis (I think that's up the street) was also helpful (for my daughter) and they seemed to have a lot of selection but different than Stels.
check out leathersoul
bump any watch-savvy types have recommendations? thanks
Do any Boston area watch types have any recommendations of where to go now to bring in watches for maintenance, etc.? Thanks
sweaters under suits are fine if the suit itself is somewhat more casual. thosse pants have to hurt