or Connect

Posts by Sabrosa

Picked up a BearFoot Honey Bee Overdrive to try out this weekend. Also tempted to get a clean or treble boost to play with. I've heard good things about both the Analog Man Beano Boost and Keeley Katana.
Have you tried the Wilson Ten Spot II? I'm tempted to pick one up if it's close, especially given the metal case. Used to have an original grey Japanese WH10 and it fell victim to cracked plastic around the potentiometer.
That seems reasonable. I'll have to ask around Austin -- I'm sure there's someone here that does good refinish work.
I've been considering having my '90s Tele Plus refinished in thin nitro. I like the transparent redburst, just not the thick poly finish that's sitting on top.If you don't mind me asking, how much did your body refinish run? Did you have it done locally?
Thinking about picking up the Brother HL-5470DW while it's $50 off at Staples this week: http://www.staples.com/Brother-HL-5470dw-Laser-Printer/product_358136 Anyone have this model? I've also heard good things about the OKI B431dn and Samsung monochrome lasers, though they seem to be a bit more expensive and I'm not sure that it'd be worthwhile for a home office printer.
That Gretsch is beautiful. One of their hollow-bodies is on my list at some point. Anyone have a go-to place they like for selling guitars and pedals online, other than eBay and Craigslist? It's been awhile since I've sold off any music equipment, though I used Harmony Central a few years back and it seems as though The Gear Page classifieds get good traffic. Looking to unload a few pieces soon.
Refurbished or (lightly) used Baratza Encore or Virtuoso if you're looking for drip/pour-over.Have also heard good things about the Hario Skerton hand grinder, though not sure I'd want to grind coffee for 2 minutes each morning. Maybe for travel.
I hate buying printers more than any other piece of technology... that said, anyone have a good laser printer recommendation for home office use? I could probably get away with black and white, but might check out color options as well. It doesn't need to scan/fax, though wireless is important and auto-duplex would be a huge plus. Looking for good print quality, reliability, and reasonably priced toner refills over the long term (would rather pay more for the printer up...
Yup -- she shipped out an order to me on Tuesday.
Bruce Emery's Guitar from Scratch and Skeptical Guitarist (theory) series are a good place to start as far as books go. For online video lessons I'd recommend checking out Justin Guitar. Once you have an idea of the basics it can definitely help to find a local teacher to guide you. A lot of progress "simply" comes from learning to play songs you like that are just slightly above your current abilities. A teacher can help with this as well as keeping an eye on your...