or Connect

Posts by Eustace

Figured NY pie was a must. Anybody been to Danny Brown Wine Bar or Kin Shop? A friend raved about both.
Looks good. Might have to hit that for lunch one day.
I've heard that it's douchy inside, but I'd like to do ashin one night. Don't know what some other good options are.Sorella looks great. Maybe I'll do that one night instead of LB and save a bundle.
Staying on the Lower East Side.
Thanks, G. I will probably skip it. Any other spots you recommend instead of LB? Maybe we'll do Barbuto Friday and something else Saturday. Buddakan any good?
Barbuto? Haven't heard much about it but it'd be an option for Friday night. Daniel or Le Bernadin? Both look good.
I would stop in Montalcino en route if you can. Some of the best food I ate was there and Siena. The picci bolognese at Trattoria Pozzo in Montalcino was the single best dish I had in Italy. For bistecca fiorentina, I would check out Buca dell'Orafo in Florence. We went there on a whim and it was the finest example I've had.
This past weekend I had the in-laws in town, which meant a lot of wine, mainly for me to get through it. 2009 Palama Salice Salentino 2004 Chateau Redortier Gigondas 2005 Chateau de Beaucastel 2001 Chateau Pradeaux Bandol 2009 Leitz Ein Zwei Dry Riesling Some daily drinkers mixed with some stuff that I had held for a bit. I'm going to a Loire Valley wine tasting on Thursday night and will report back.
Figured. It's the only splurge meal of the trip. Now I just have to score some resos.
Here's what I was thinking tentatively: Friday lunch: Katz's Friday dinner: Ssam Bar Saturday lunch: Gaia Saturday dinner: Le Bernadin Sunday lunch: Grimaldi's Sunday dinner: Awash (wife wants Ethiopian one night) Is Le Bernadin worth it? Any place you would go instead? Anyone know a better Ethiopian place?