or Connect

Posts by Eustace

I love them, particularly if they have enough acid to make them less like honey syrup. Yours sounds great though. I've never had the Clos Jesbal but I love ZH so I'll have to try it.
Chateau D'Yquem?
2007 Produttori tonight. Took forever to start showing. Solid but not sure it'd be any better in a few years.
Love Selosse. I need to try some older Ridge wines. Nice haul.
Last night had an '07 Chateau Mathieu Chateuneuf du Papes. Typically I've loved how 07's are drinking from Rhone but this was a miss. Too jammy and overdone. Oh well. I'm attending a Barolo tasting on Wednesday so I should return with some good loot.
Last night had a 2011 Arnot-Roberts North Coast Syrah at dinner. Typically I'm not a fan of California Syrah but this wine was totally different. If not for a very pronounced black pepper note I would have tagged it as Northern Rhone and probably still would if tasted blind. Only 12.9% abv, which is probably as low as I've had out of a California Syrah. I think retail it's around $40, and I don't see it as a great value, but it's certainly a very well-made wine.
Nice. That was my favorite dish at Atelier du Rubuchon. Yours looks pretty damn good.
Was there foie as well? I had this one a couple of weeks ago. Probably the richest meal of my life. So much butter.
Cheers!Nice! It was by far my favorite part of the trip. We couldn't get tastings at a bunch of the places I wanted to go (Meo-Camuzet, Domaine Leflaive, etc) because everyone was on vacation but we still drank and ate great. Enjoy!