or Connect

Posts by Reggs

This!I'm not very anti-spanking, but most adults who were spanked as kids creep me out with this stuff.
I'm INTJ and my wife is an extrovert. She knows how I am and I don't find myself in a lot of large social situations and I can't stand parties where there is dancing. If I need to go, I always try to have a few drinks while I'm there and talk about when we should leave before we arrive. You should only marry a woman you can recharge around. I'm around my wife all the time and it's great.
1. Absolutely. The best CEOs I have worked for have been obsessed with numbers. In a larger company, my boss was a GM and talked about numbers all day long. He was of an analytical education. He was a math major and could navigate business situations in a very logical manner, but he had a very human side. I admired him a lot. I worked for him when the economy was in the dumps and he worked long hours and had a lot of stress over raising margins by a few percent every...
Yes, I'm much more comfortable with the idea of starting a business now. In a small company I think I've learned the full impact of employment decisions, and knowing what choices I can move away from, how quickly I can move away from them, and which choices will be cemented for a long time. In general, a lot of problems associated with strategy and personnel are highlighted in small business. I think seeing a plan work out in such an environment is a very good way to...
My whole life I looked at that and thought we were seeing the back of the man and always wondered why he was holding scissors behind his head. Now I see it's the front. My mind is blown.
I got this amazing device, but I keep it in a drawer since it's plastic: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072OFTG2/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's a stapleless stapler. It holds pages together like this: It cuts a section of the paper, then folds them back and pushed through a slit. No dirty jokes please. When you put the corner of papers inside the stapleless stapler, it has a guide for the corner of the papers so that it always stapleless staples at...
I think about starting my own company every day. I was seriously considering starting a business on the side and slowly transitioning away from my current job. I think now that I will go the traditional rout and find a job at a larger company, but if I ever get laid off in the future, I will start my own company immediately, but also look for the job concurrently. It's just very high risk and I have a wife to provide for and a future baby to save for. I need some stability...
I started my career as an analyst at a ~$40M/yr company. My job duties were well defined and the politics were non existent. When I started to look for a new job, I got far in the interview process with a large well established company where I would have filled a very specific marketing position. I did not get the job. The next job after that, and my current job have been with startups. In the first, I was quickly promoted because my boss left the company. I became a...
The series has spawned a very nerdy fan base. Lot's of cartoons, fanfiction, and awkward Sherlock fans at media events. My wife has been following it and apparently a lot what was in S3E1 was fan service. Most of the different theories about how Sherlock lived were in fanfiction or discussed by fans. Anderson's Sherlock support group was also poking fun at the fandom. There have also been a lot of web comics that portray John and Sherlock as a hedgehog and weasel. All of a...
I forgot if I posted this story before, but it's always one of my favorites. I once had a meeting with a bunch of radio guys. When they came in we all started exchanging cards and near the end I said "Let's see Paul Allen's card." No one said anything and kind of looked around awkwardly. I was smiling expecting someone to get the reference but no one did. For whatever reason, I did not explain that it was from a movie. They probably thought I was crazy.