or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Rome

Dream Job: Poet/ writer - Musician/ jazz trumpet. Probably the only jobs that benifit from a drinking habit. Fantasy Job: working actor, known enough to get work, unknown enough to be able to go the park w/ my kid. That or an HVAC repair person.
Once I was allowed to pick out my own clothes my influences where mostly TV & Peers. I wound up approximating Cross Colours with bright red and green knock off peg leg jeans and Bugle Boy shirts. Thank G_D no pictures survived. Later on it was girlfriends and an adverse reaction to and as a means to disassociate myself from every one else in the ghetto. Those were the Eddie Bauer and Aeropostale days. Now its more of an amalgam of media, people watching, and old stylistic...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Because, again, it's not really about race. No one wants to emulate poor 'white' culture because no one wants to be poor. Everyone wants to be rich, prestigious, or famous. If most rich people were black, we'd be talking about why people want so badly to be black. I would think it does become about race at a certain point though since culture and race intertwine. That most blacks fit a certain criteria...
I would probably changed "colored" to "ethnic" or just plain "black" if that what your going after. Unless of course you ment to sound like Strom Thurmond.
Quote: Originally Posted by j Oh, BTW, the eee-PC has more features that most people want/need (i.e. less crap to carry around) and it starts at $400. Cool thing about it is you can hack it and put OSX on it if you're looking for a cheap laptop with a Mac OS. Although I think people do take it over the top w/ the Mac Air hate, It does not replace their current line of PowerBook laptops, which will as a result of the technology behind the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quirk ... BUT SETTING THOSE ISSUES ASIDE, can we not agree that it's also pretty fucked up that there is no shortage of kids -- KIDS -- who solicit or are receptive to sexual encounters with adult strangers they meet in internet chatrooms? CAN WE NOT AGREE ON THAT? I thought we could, thank you. Jeesh. Of course we can. I wasnt sure where you coming from with that statement. Thanks for clearing it up for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quirk What should not be lost in all this is the fact that there's no shortage of pre-teens and teens either soliciting or receptive to sexual encounters with adult strangers. WTF? So having willing parties makes it ok? I'm not sure what your point is. If a killer kills a person that was known to want to commit suicide, that does make murder ok? (I dont mean euthanasia) Quote: Originally Posted by...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakota rube ^I stumbled upon some "reality" (using the term quite loosely) show several years ago in which some woman "” perhaps a porn star "” was up on the table getting her anus bleached! Obviously the episode was being photographed from the "non-business" side of the table, but the dialogue was a hoot. I realized at that point that the world had passed me by. Oh, and +1 on the analingus; with a woman, that it....
She'll be in good company, Eva Mendes is in the same facility for her Rehab.
Quote: Originally Posted by Brian SD They're not all harmless shut-ins, but if they're harmful they should be taken in for the sake of justice, not for the sake of entertainment. I don't disagree with your sentiment, and I made sure in my OP to state that I'm aware these guys blew it and are getting their just desserts, so to speak. However, the premise of the show is morally reprehensible. I think this show started out serving a good purpose...
New Posts  All Forums: