or Connect

Posts by swblueblood

I like your cufflink, Simple and elegant, Adds to the overall beauty of the A Lange and Sohne watch.
Beautiful Patrmony Contemporaine Small Model #81530/000r-9682:happy:
To buy a good or expensive watch takes a simple formula. Savings x Time x Patience = Watch. For years I wore a watch given to me by my mother(a Wyler) which I still own. I used the same formula to purchase my OMAS fountain pen.
I will never wear a quartz watch. I had a friend of my mother's who was a Swiss master watchmaker. He taught me the beauty of mechanical movements. There are some high cost quartz watches, but they in the long run do not retain the value of a quartz watch. To me, a good mechanical watch displays the soul of its maker while a quartz is souless creation.ADDendum: If you do like quartz watches, make sure that it does not look like it came from a cracker jacks box. I...
You choose your mode of dress to show respect for others. A person who elects to aquire lower priced items displays little respect for his fellow person. I make a modest income (under $40k but I know that spending money on my shoes and other attire saves me money in the long run. As in respect to shoes, cheap shoes can lead to problems later. Three things to consider when buying shoes, the length (size), width, and last(form). A cheap watch relays to others "I don't...
$4k for a good watch is the beginning price. Add diamonds and you talking at least $30k for a good watch. I know that there are diamond watches under 30K but they usually have low grade diamonds. Omega, Tag Huer, Jaeger Lecoultre, and IWC have models that cost approximately $4k. It is worth the cost on a better grade watch. I currently wear a Rolex Air King which runs curfrently new $4.5K but you can find one for $2K on the use watch market. There expense placed in a...
That Sinn is beautiful. Very elegant and simple. I prefer a watch that does not overpower the person with extensive addional junk. The watch I currently wear is a Rolex Date 2 tone with baton numbers. It does not distract from me the person, The other watch I wear is also a Rolex Air King with a baton dial(a gift from my wife). Both are not my idea of perfect but they do not detract from me, the person. I see that some close to you knew Helmet Sinn, founder of Sinn....
Joker, I see that you are aware of what a shoe last is. A size 6 would look like a clown shoe on me. I used to have my shoes made by a company called Foot-so-port until the factory was destroyed in a fire. I corresponded with many shoe makers including AE, Johnson Murphy, Cole Haan, and others. P Minor and Finn Comfort are the only ones that made the shoes that I could wear. For casual shoes, I wear Brooks shoes.
The nearest to the clean look of the PP that I am aware of was the Gentlehomme made by Jaeger LeCoultre which is no longer made. Check use watch dealers. I wish that JL did not discontinue the line, the Gentlehomme line was one of my favorite watch designs. Simple and elegant. I see that your prefer the design of Roman numerals to the baton numerals while I like the simplicity of the baton numerals to the Roman numerals. I do,however, prefer the Roman numerals to...
I am aware that AE will make shoes of different sizes but they cannot make one for me because my sizes are both in the men's sizes and boy's sizes. However I can obtain shoes from P Minor and Finn Comfort, a German shoe company. Minumum cost is about $500 a pair. Thank you for the reply.