or Connect

Posts by lawyerdad

I'm not nearly as down on Barnes as some folks, but I find it hard to see the justification for pay max money to keep him. He's been a good system guy for them, but I certainly don't think he brings anything unique to the table. I have to imagine GS can replace him with someone at least as valuable if not more so at significantly less money, especially when you consider there are always maybe-not-great-but-good-especially-in-the-right-situation guys who are looking for a...
This all makes sense, but I think it was a little more than that with Curry. Maybe he was overcompensation for not feeling like he could do everything he wanted physically at 100%. But in the last two games at least, it looked to me like he was playing nervous and panicked. Sloppy turnovers that often seemed to come from frantically rushed decision-making, plus some poorly chosen shots. Admittedly the latter is a is more debatable, since Curry often takes shots that...
Legit.
Try doing what I do. It's becoming worse post-OJ, but of course there were always tons of people who considered themselves legal experts because they'd watched an episode of Perry Mason or Night Court and "like to argue".
Yeah, yeah, Lebron, championship, GS season for the ages in flames, blah blah. Y'all are completely missing the real news. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2647271-nick-young-iggy-azalea-announce-breakup-on-social-media?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
+1A buddy of mine who teaches at Occidental just posted online a screenshot of the thermometer in his office. At just after 10:00 a.m. Eagle Rock broke 104F/40C.I'm closer to the ocean so it's not quite as bad, although still pretty damn hot. Plus, the "heat perception factor" at my house is elevated because (1) somehow the house always manages to be ten degrees warmer-- in hot weather -- than the outside, even when the A/C going; (2) having a teenager in the house...
Haven't seen the movie but read the book. As someone who has a tiny bit more information than the general public, I think it's pretty good. Lewis always loves to distort details to fit the contrarian boy crying wolf narrative that is the backbone of everything he writes, and I'd imagine there are further storytelling liberties taken by the filmmakers. But I think there's more there that's generally on point than not, and your reaction is well justified.In the book,...
It all balances out. Camoshita, for example, is but a cruel taunt to me. Ditto long-sleeved Portuguese Flannel.
My experience with SdC (also not this bomber) has been exactly the same.
Po-tay-to with herring, Po-tah-to with herring.