or Connect

Posts by lawyerdad

No, of course not. But it's also not very workable to say that we can never consider anything a weapon if it as at least one non-violent purpose.That's why it's a context-specific decision. Sounds like a really lame decision in this instance.
Dude, what the fuck? Sorry about your friend, but you're being way overly defensive.In terms of how bullshit the cops/prosecutors are being, you have to consider it from their perspective. Your friend was found with an item that clearly can -- and I'm sure has been, by other people, in various contexts -- used as a weapon. It's a knife. So is a butcher's knife. A machete is a tool with a perfectly innocent primary use. So is an axe. So is a hammer. So is a...
For one thing (assuming for the sake of discussion that the value of dividend distributions over the relevant period of time is equal to foregone capital appreciation), there's a safety/diversification angle. If you take your pay-out in annual payments over a ten-year period, you can diversify that money into other uses. If everything remains tied up in capital, you're leaving more of your money at risk of some sort of external, black swan event that could reduce the...
Reason enough for me, but maybe not on a crowded airplane.Re Black Mirror: Damn, it's a Netflix show, which means I can't download it onto a tablet to watch en route. I find Wifi on planes to be too unreliable for a good show-watching experience.
Following the trail blazed by Jason Collins by becoming the first NBA player to openly identify himself as a Furry?
Pun intended?
Is that some sort of euphemism for helping your buddy score?
Same here (also works to just go to the tie section). I'm using Chrome on a PC, if that's helpful information.
Thanks, l. Will check out Black Mirror.
My tv watching is erratic -- outside of sports, I only watch the occasional show -- usually via binge-watching years after everyone else, and usually because I've watched a few episodes with somebody else. So I've never actually seen Oz, although I'm familiar with the general concept and setting. SG aside, is it worth going back and watching? I have a couple of international flights coming up, so I need to figure out what to load onto my iPad.