or Connect

Posts by visionology

Let's just say that we are 99% compatible, did everything together, were best friends, friends and even strangers said we were one of the best looking couples together they've seen, and we almost never argued except for the elephant in the room... God. Apparently I haven't opened my heart to God so that trumps the other 99% of joy that we have shared over the last 3.5 years. We already had a wedding planned for July, sent out the save the dates, and now I have to...
Broke up with fiance a week before we were supposed to close on a house together...
Picked around 15lbs of apples this week ourselves and this is our third trip so far this year. We love the Macouns. We usually do this year round though and routinely move through the seasons to pick blueberries, strawberries, apples, pears, blackberries, raspberries, pumpkins, etc. It's great having a 1000+ acre orchard so close. They have 23 kinds of apples there during the summer and fall and they break them down here. ...
Bought first house and the home inspection went well today! Guy was super thorough and I asked a million questions over the 3.5hrs. Pictures to follow in the next couple weeks.
5K this morning at around 32min. Had to slow down a number of times to keep the heart rate in check. It's getting slowly better and I notice it going down and I'm learning to control my breathing better. Before was too many shallow breaths.
I've learned my lesson in the month or so I've been casually running. I got myself a heart rate monitor and have realized I was maxing myself out for the entire run. No wonder I was so beat at the end. I didn't realize that working above a certain point wasn't doing any good. Now I am settling down and trying to keep my heart rate below 80% and in the process lower it further so I have more endurance and then can focus on speed. The goal is to only do 5K's and get...
Finally getting my heart rate down while running. Can you believe my average rate was 184 the other day while maxing out at 199? Not doing me any good. Now my goal is to run slower to keep a steady 60-80% heart rate while also lowering it and increasing my endurance.
- Improving my tennis serve now with some real pronation - Running has improved. Still not greatly improving my times yet but working towards a decent 5K time. - Finally starting to look for a house, pretty exciting.
Quote: Originally Posted by LordWanker well what are your comments on the 928/914/944? My thought is that their three attempts to break away from their "template" were disastrous hence they they haven't revisited a totally new design in decades. The problem is that unlike many auto companies that use a particular design cue to carry across product lines (eg BMW kidney, Aston tail lights, etc) Porsche uses too many repeating cues including...
So far a great tournament for the American players, especially the lesser knowns.