or Connect

Posts by vincent

Can I get a link please?
Looking to buy helmut lang jeans in waist size 31/32. A friend bought me a pair of helmut lang jeans size 29 and unfortunately, they are too small.
Do you guys think that white collar dress shirts should only worn in the workplace or in a business environment? Such as this shirt http://www.polo.com/category/index.j...523&cp=1795706
Ok Mr. Pollock, fair enough. I still think your whole bill of rights spiel is a bit neurotic, but we'll agree to disagree. I can honestly that if you're dining in a good restaurant, this should never happen. Pretty much the only place I ever experience what you're describing are these depressing family/chain/corporate restaurants. I almost never go to those places. If I want to eat generic, derivative slop, I'll order pizza. So my question to you is, do you REALLY...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I really like Barcelona Chairs. I like Eames lounges and Egg chairs better. All three are really at the point where they are "period" designs. The best looking modern furniture that I have seen in a traditional environment have been various Ron Arad one-off pieces. I was at a Palazzo outside of Torino this summer and it was filled with Ron Arad furniture. It looked amazing, but there was nowhere that was...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt It is more typical in Italy than anyhere else that I have seen. Typically you see a lot of very modern furniture in homes with classical architecture. THe Driade showroom in Milan is a great example. Here is one final picture: Marc Newson Felt chair next to a white lacquer sideboard and another mangled stuffed animal. This time it is dipped in Tool-Dip: I can conceive of that possibility, but that...
Mr. Pollock, While I agree that the plebish mannerisms of most waiters are slightly offputting, your pretensious, and abysmally affected dinining manifesto is equally as abominable as the manners which they speak out against. The first sign of breeding and sophistocation is the ability to turn a blind eye to the bafooneries that you described above, and go about your business. It is the sophists, poseurs, and ninnys who point them out which can be nothing else other...
Labelking, Where have you seen ornate Baroque design juxtaposed with minimalism? Is that even possible?
Really nice place matt, it's a bit sparse for me but I like it a lot.
Quote: Originally Posted by designprofessor Since I also work with interior and furniture history, I'd be interested in knowing some favorite items of furniture or design owned, collected or used by the members. Could be aesthetic, investment, sentimental or just plain functional.. (my apologies if this is a repeat topic.) I have two leather club chairs in the style of Jean Michael Frank, in the Art Deco vein. A new brown velvet chesterfield...