or Connect

Posts by suitedcboy

Tibor's hat looks great to me. I like that crown crease and favor wider brimmed fedoras. There are no rules to this and one's perspective determines your impression. I wear fedoras and also wear western hats almost daily. My perspective is hat brims should be large and shield the sun well. Wider brim style looks best to most with a larger crown. This is the proportion part. Crown with little or no taper is a personal preference but I fall into the group that thinks a face...
Spoo does 4IH so well they almost look like Windsor knots. I know I am in the minority but 4IH is the knot of choice for bagboys at the grocer and of the masses of men who are FORCED to wear suits but hate them. I just can not find any love for the knot. I guess I find the less than symmetric knot on an impeccable suit and shirt to strike me like a odd colored fender on a Ferrari. I don't see that and think, "impeccable automotive craftsmanship and look they screwed up one...
From reading through this thread it seems many have bespoke clothes and unspeakable automobiles.
Fantastic!Art does great work. The hat looks great on you. The proportions work well. I think fuller, less tapered crown makes that a very attractive hat.Did Art style it or had you defined what you wanted?
I would think the only significance of your style is it makes you the first to be grabbed if hostages are taken.
Is Aquascutum still a top shelf brand of outerwear?
I applaud your research. I also applaud the person letting you know the dress code. I'm thinking the interviewer is being very gracious to inform you that full battle dress is not required. I would guess he has been in your shoes before. Some companies with a very strong millennial presence at the top can be put off by more experienced "suits".
I would imagine you don't stand posed while wearing a suit to work and other places. It is far too common for us to get a photo pose posture that is not at all our normal stance. It is similar to that "photo smile" that you get when someone takes your picture that you later see and know is not the way you mile any other time. I think most all comments made here would not be relevant to normal wear of this garment. I think it is a nice looking suit that fits nice and the...
Consider a big retailer like Neiman-Marcus. They sell maybe half at the full ticket, another 1/4 at 25% 0ff and a few more at 50% off. They probably have $1400 in a $4000 suit (somebody speak up if this way off). When they dump the few that are deadstock in sizes out of the core size band they can lose coin on those since they made a wad on the bulk of them. They spend money keeping stock and it has to go. If it gets too old it is worth even less. Oh, and they get some...
Is Burlington Coat Factory the clothing sponsor for this new Bond film? If Men's Wearhouse was supplying the suits they would look and fit better.