or Connect

Posts by Full Canvas

Quote: Originally Posted by impolyt_one -300SL cab on Rudges Can you make-do with a Gullwing rather than the cabriolet? http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...14&postcount=7 ___
Quote: Originally Posted by Nantucket Red Somebody really doesn't deserve this Porsche Speedster! Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan ^It's more of a 911 Cabriolet, no? Porsche made a couple of thousand 911 Speedsters in 1989. They were not as bare bones as the early 356 Speedsters. But, the 911 Speedsters had a manually operated single layer cloth rag top (not the thick, padded cloth top of the cabriolet)...
Of his many screen appearances with Brando, I always enjoyed this particular role of Malden's in One-Eyed Jacks. ___
Quote: Originally Posted by rjmaiorano Exotic and a hippy! I don't recall Sulka ever offering a tie-dyed shirt of any sort! __
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton On top of that, he went to UCSC, if I recall, which is about as exotic as it gets. Although I am a native of Santa Cruz, UC Santa Cruz was far too exotic for my wallet. I left Santa Cruz for the (then) California State College System right around the time you were born. That level of education was the only affordable one for a young man of modest means working his way through school. Student loans were not...
Quote: Originally Posted by brescd01 You seem to have the most exotic lifestyle: how many people even know where Bulgaria is? Can't you be more revealing (about why you live in Minsk, France, Bulgaria, AND California)? Also, why is Sulka so wonderful? Why is it different from any other luxury brand gone bad? More Revealed: Many of my occasional posts are little snapshots of my world. My shoe closet still has some Allen-Edmonds items in it....
Quote: Originally Posted by rjmaiorano Full Canvas, I was in Le Chauvinist last week and saw two of your Sulkas. Beautiful, beautiful ties but I didn't pick them up because I wasn't sure if you intended to come through and grab them. They are on the floor to be sold - the very nice lady in the store was unfamiliar with them. Did you want a proxy or something to hold them until your back stateside? Thanks for the heads-up as well as your...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan The website is pretty cheesy. One can only hope the actual store, when resurrected, will be a bit different. "Pretty cheesy" is polite understatement! It is more like Kraft Velveta individually wrapped sandwich slices cheesy. One can only hope that Richemont has installed better people than the ones that ran the ship aground ten years ago! _____
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh When I saw the thread title, I thought of you. Did you ever get that coat back that the cleaning lady had mistakenly given away? I fell asleep at the desk yesterday before I could reply about this. Thanks to the sharp eyes of unpainted huffheinz I recovered not only the Sulka Ulster coat you see in my avatar, but also a Sulka medium gray db cashmere overcoat as well. I didn't even realize the gray...
Quote: Originally Posted by Steven Aver http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ighlight=sulka I missed that thread entirely. About that time I was likely well insulated from Bulgaria's February cold with some of our own cherry grappa while ice fishing. We have a little lake on our farm near Haskovo. So, I tried ice fishing for the first time last February. The way I stumbled upon this news about Sulka is that I took the long way from...