or Connect

Posts by oldog/oldtrix

Navy, very dark.
Piffle.
On my way to the circus shortly.
"beware of all enterprises that require new clothes"
A man who has at length found something to do will not need to get a new suit to do it in; for him the old will do, that has lain dusty in the garret for an indeterminate period. Old shoes will serve a hero longer than they have served his valet -- if a hero ever has a valet -- bare feet are older than shoes, and he can make them do. Only they who go to soires and legislative balls must have new coats, coats to change as often as the man changes in them. But if my jacket...
Thanks. A good day all around; the Judge seemed to like my case for the most part as well. The tie is a bit darker than it appears in the photo, but the white shirt does wash it out a bit. I've worn it with a light blue end-on-end, and it works well. I was just in a rare white shirt mood today, probably from all the discussion in the other thread. The shoes are reddish brown, but I understand that you and others disfavor suede even in that range for summer. For me,...
It's a rep; the fine twill got lost in the photo.
I've spoilered Manton's post because it has been requested that we not repeat images. In the same spirit, I've also spoilered a combination I wore and posted earlier. The colors in my combination are very close to Manton's, but the effect is quite different. Discuss if you wish. "That is nauseating" counts as discussion, I suppose. [[SPOILER]]