or Connect

Posts by DNW

Quote: Originally Posted by JD_May Hahaha... yeah, sorry, this isn't even up there, I know a guy who bille over 3300 two years ago and is routinely in the 2800-3000 range. 2200 at biglaw is like "nice work, here's your bonus" but you're not playing on the "my life is work" field yet, in spite of having to work a few late nights a week. At some point, something is going to snap, and it ain't going to be pretty.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser What Invicta said. Some of you clearly have the SF "sharp knees" mentality or are not going out in the right places. There aren't a lot of 9s and 10s walking around like in NYC, LA, or Miami, but there are plenty of girls in the 7-8 girlfriend range. And they're going to be a helluva smarter than the girls in the aforementioned cities. +1. DC girls in the Spring/Summer are .
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad I think rumors of BigLaw's demise are greatly exaggerated. I don't know, LD. There's a gross excess supply of attorneys (both unemployed and underemployed), with more coming every year, and there's no real sign of lower billing rates. On top of that, many GCs from Fortune 500 firms have flat out said they would not pay for 1st year associates. LPO is on the rise, and recent progress in ESI discovery...
All this talk about making it to BigLaw as if it's the be all, end all, of being a lawyer. Have you clowns paid any attention to what BigLaw did you its associates, staff, and even partners in the last few years? Even if you're giving up your life by billing 2,200+ hours/year, your ass could still be thrown out on the sidewalk less than 10 minutes after a partners' meeting. Fuck, after what BigLaw has done for recent graduates, the real question is why would any sane...
Quote: Originally Posted by acidboy thanks broseph, and just when I was about to offer a blowjob too. You'd blow anyone for just about anything these days, eh? How many did it cost you for the Ibis Tranny?
Phở. If you've had it, you'd understand why.
Suck it up. Federal agencies don't pay for transportation. In this job environment, if you don't do it, there'll be 10 replacement candidates at the click of the Send button.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Met with the campaign manager in Albany today, told him I'll be signing on. I'm employed! Good for you.
Ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll!#(!*&)*&)&@_)!(*)**@&$*)(!@*$&!
Ggggggggggggggggggggggggoooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!