or Connect

Posts by DNW

Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek I went mostly to private schools and this is a bs myth. Most of the kids were no more spoiled or entitled than any other kids. And within the school, there were very few divisions between the kids themselves, unlike the defined groups you always see at public schools. This is partly because everyone has to play sports and do extra-curricular activities together, you all wear the same uniform, and depending on the school,...
Quote: Originally Posted by MsMcGillicuddy I was admitted to a good law school and accepted the space. A month before classes were to start I realized I didn't ACTUALLY want to be a lawyer and withdrew my acceptance. I was lucky in that my folks supported the change in plans, which made it easier to admit that I didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life. Considering the current job market for lawyers, pat yourself on the back. Me?...
Quote: Originally Posted by aj_del One reason I am reluctant to pay is that India is full of stories of men and women who are from villages without any schools and yet they have become hugely successful in all sorts of fields. That is why my personal belief is that my son will become who he becomes due to his own capabilities rather than a prestigious school. On that note, how will you feel when your kid starts becoming a self-entitled...
Quote: Originally Posted by tagutcow Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a dick? And you don't like dicks because...?
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy It's actually not that way. A restaurant is not considered to be in the same category as a private club. It's a pseudo-public space. For example, you can't decide that you will not serve black people, or the disabled. Or white dudes, regardless of how other patrons might react. Some establishments try to get around this by posting a "We reserve the right to refuse service", but it doesn't really let you circumvent...
Quote: Originally Posted by ramuman For any given generation, there is almost no other car on the planet that can seat 4 people, have a usable trunk, be under 100k, and be as fast as the M3 is. Ever heard of the Audi RS4? There's an RS5 coming that should also be an animal of a car. Oh yeah, there's that other beast from Japan called the GT-R.
Quote: Originally Posted by aj_del Just to clarify I am balking at the size of bribe rather than the concept. How much to get your kid into IIT?
Conne, it's a new kind of sad, even for you, to be beating off to this. How's the CL lady?
Quote: Originally Posted by bluemagic That's a lot of money. How much would it cost for you to send him to the U.S. or England instead? Obviously a lot more.
If you can live with yourself after you pay the bribe, knowing that you've contributed to the corruption in your own country, go for it.