or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

Do many school uniforms use cream/white trousers in other parts of the world? All the ones I can think of here, including mine, went for grey trousers (excepting cricket whites, obviously). I can't imagine cream trousers looking clean for very long in any school!!    Lovely sunny day here, so making the most of it. There are two hidden sartorial sins in today's look, but what you can't see won't hurt you.  
They have a slightly more graceful arc than normal collars. And this really shines when they are worn without a jacket. With a jacket collar, BDs can sit neater than the one-piece, which can sometimes scrunch up slightly as they're so "soft" by comparison. I like 1-pieces best in summer, worn with no jacket.
 Tracking can be nuts. Sometimes packages seem to jump from country to country like they're Carmen Sandiego.  Luxire have top men working on your shirts. Top. Men.
Thread title made me think of this...    
 I find hortizontally striped ties to be exceptionally difficult items to deploy either on myself or in others' fits. However, this one works well in this fit. I think it's because it's a narrower width than most striped ties.  Exactly the right way to deploy this kind of tie IMO. Nice! I only have a pair of navy suede drivers. Blue calf? Maybe one day...    More casual gear, so spoilered again. I tend to wear polos with blue jackets and light trousers quite a bit in...
 Two outfits that I like, but both share a somewhat random choice of pocket square to my eye.  That might be a surprisingly difficult alteration. It's not as simple as just cutting & trimming the lining.The internal seams may well look quite messy and need a lot of of taping/tidying up. Might be a case of suck it & see to know for sure though; best to have a chat with your tailor.  Lovely sunny day today:  Also, a very casual fit (so spoiler coded) from a couple of days...
DonC got a pic deleted because he was wearing a WWI German military helmet for the Friday Challenge? Holding a 100 year old grudge seems somewhat over the top (if I may be permitted to use the WWI phrase as a pun without similar censure). Especially since it sounds like he did it a tongue-in-cheek response to the theme. If anything, I'd suggest Germans would have more reason to offended by a challenge theme chosen specifically to commemorate D-Day! More generally, carrying...
Chilled-out Monday:  
I'm fortunate not to live somewhere that gets particularly hot & humid, but on the few days that are warm, I find tropical weight wool and linen to both wear much cooler than cotton, at least in terms of jackets. I actually find cotton jackets fairly stifling, but ymmv, I suppose.   Having said that, I agree with David Reeves upthread: if you're considering buying a new summer suit just to cope with 3 months, and you're pretty confident you won't need summer suits in...
 Yes, same here, except in my case, I simply woke up late and then felt like having a day off (benefits of self-employment), so went to watch the Edge of Tomorrow instead. So no reason to dress up, hence subbing in the only moderately formal fit from Thursday instead. I was planning on a more businessy fit for Friday but as I wasn't working, I would have been ridiculously overdressed. In general, I think the challenges are best when you have the whole week to play with,...