or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

Interesting coincidence to see these two pics appear in the thread right after each other. They're both nice enough, but I prefer Papperskatt's interpretation. It's a little more harmonious to my eye and in spite of many vintage details is wearable today. Dockers' interpretation is a little more formal, which is fine in itself, but I find the colours and the lack of patterns to be a little too serious for a cream summer jacket. Cream jackets, if worn with a very...
 Same one/colour, IIRC. It's a kind of burgundy-red.  Yeah, it was because the tie went so well that I decided to wear it at the last minute; seemed a shame not to, given how nicely it complemented the other colours. Thanks! I had the same initial reservations about the colour scheme... but the weather was changeable today, with mixed sun & showers, so it didn't seem too bad a choice. Also, the jacket and tie are both summery materials (linen Suitsupply in the Havana cut...
 Your more aggressive colour combinations, esp. tie-wise have not gone un-noticed. Enjoying seeing the experiments evolve.   Wasn't going to wear a tie today, then changed my mind. Personally, I'm never entirely happy wearing BD collars & ties as the regulars here know, but I wasn't going to bother changing the shirt after changing my mind... 
Clags, EFV and Thin White Duke. Duke would be my clear fave if only he'd worn a white belt instead of the blue. Brilliant interpretation, esp. given how few of us on SF would actually have the items in those colours to do it so well. EFV is really great but overall, I prefer the vibe Clags got going there.
For the Friday Art Challenge:     And more in its inspirational context:     As I mentioned upthread, I do have a fondness for Baroque art and I have a print of the cardsharps hanging on the wall above the table in this snap, just offscreen to the right of where I'm sitting. It's a bit cheesy to have that kind of print, but cheesiness has never bothered me, and I love the painting. I tried to draw inspiration from the various colours and the bold contrasts rather...
For the Friday Art Challenge:     And more in its inspirational context:  
This is actually really difficult, and a true Challenge. I was thinking about it while getting dressed this morning and couldn't find a way to truly capture the flavour of some of my favourite artists (I lean somewhat towards the Baroque era though can be fairly eclectic). I'll try again tomorrow as I developed a couple of ideas later in the day. Really intriguing contest and I love all the entries so far!
Not so much silver surfer as cream linen surfer...  
What an entertaining concept; great idea!!
 The straight-on snap confirms it for me; it's too short. You could go shorter than the navy if you wanted to (I think it looks great as is, but you could go shorter if you liked), but the tweed is certainly too short for you IMO. Perhaps if it were less narrow at the waist, to compensate, it might just about work. But I think at least another 0.5" is needed, probably an inch.  Citan - yep, it's the SS tobacco linen. It's a cool jacket, isn't it? Great colour.