or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

For the Friday Art Challenge:     And more in its inspirational context:  
This is actually really difficult, and a true Challenge. I was thinking about it while getting dressed this morning and couldn't find a way to truly capture the flavour of some of my favourite artists (I lean somewhat towards the Baroque era though can be fairly eclectic). I'll try again tomorrow as I developed a couple of ideas later in the day. Really intriguing contest and I love all the entries so far!
Not so much silver surfer as cream linen surfer...  
What an entertaining concept; great idea!!
 The straight-on snap confirms it for me; it's too short. You could go shorter than the navy if you wanted to (I think it looks great as is, but you could go shorter if you liked), but the tweed is certainly too short for you IMO. Perhaps if it were less narrow at the waist, to compensate, it might just about work. But I think at least another 0.5" is needed, probably an inch.  Citan - yep, it's the SS tobacco linen. It's a cool jacket, isn't it? Great colour.
Clags fit was cool, but I preferred Elio's. And sb's was very natty. Congrats to Clags, though!   I don't do bathroom selfies (ooh er missus!), and don't think I have a pair of patterned odd summer trousers, barring a very subtle grey glen plaid. So I think striped tie would be the most fun from the suggested shortlist. But we have had a lot of tie-related challenges recently. Have we done a linen challenge yet this year? I know we did last year, but... Or maybe a summer...
Jeans and no tie. But there's a jacket . So maybe it just about qualifies for this thread enough to not spoiler-code it the way I do for my jacket-less fits.  
Fuzzy photos (even by my poor standards), taken in haste...  
About, maybe about 7-8 years ago, I bought a couple of pairs from IIRC their mainline. Both high vamp, Venetian-style loafers, one in a gloriously cheesy black/midnight-navy mock croc and the other a plain dark brown. They were actually pretty well constructed and though I rather quickly got bored of the styles and later sold them on, the quality was good. They came with spare heels too, which I suppose was a nice touch.   No idea about current quality, but it doesn't...
Felt like a bow-tie sort of day...