or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

Overcast Monday. Shirt is new, so forgive it being slightly rumpled. Once it has its first wash & press, it shrinks ver so slightly, but just enough to correct the slight collar overlap and a few other things that might be less obviously visible...  
Too late to be an entry, but I think my outfit today would have been a decent England-ish fit, esp. giving the sporting connotations of the blazer:  
The Persian green and maroon linen/cottons are both one-piece collar. I had previously asked Luxire to modify my usual spread collar into a one-piece collar for another shirt, and they did that fine by themselves without any micromanagement on my part. These are the same variant. The original spread collar (seen in the three shirts on the bottom row of the photo) is my own custom shape from my older bespoke shirts but IIRC it's not that massively different from one of...
 The Persian green, as worn last Friday: http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iv-starting-may-2014/1500_50#post_7194227
Another gorgeous summer's day. New shirt, from Luxire. No jacket/tie so spoiler-coding.   [[SPOILER]]
Some shirts arrived today...     Clockwise, from top left: Persian Green linen/cotton, Maroon linen/cotten (I'd call it burgundy), black/maroon tattersal madras (I'd say closer to midnight navy/maroon), cream dress herringbone (more like beige), peach casual oxford (more like a fairly fine oxford), ivory white broadcloth. (Not pictured, a mandarin collar ivory white broadcloth, because the collar was creased a bit in transit and needs ironing.)   Great shirts, as...
Far from formal today, but there is some tailored clothing there, so I'm posting it here anyway. Spoiler-coded for the lack of CM-ness. And to protect your retinas from the shirt.  [[SPOILER]]
Fun challenge theme. I'm more of a club follower than a national team fan, but well, we all get sucked into the hype of the big competitions, don't we? Clever way to avoid the potentially very tricky red tie on white shirt combo, btw, Cleav. Nice combo for a football fan! Pretty much guaranteed a good run and chance of a win in any competition. I see it's possible they'd meet in the semis... I'm curious, who would you support in that situation? For me, I think I'd approach...
 Perhaps I'm an outlier on this, but I actually don't care if an item of mine is used for a 10 minute or so photoshoot, and my comment about the fruit juice was a friendly tease, not an accusation. As long as items are laundered & ironed afterwards (and, obviously, not damaged during the shoot), I'm pretty indifferent as to whether they're used in that way. From your answer, I'm guessing others might have given you some grief around this possibility, but it really wouldn't...
Entertaining interview. It helps that I happen to agree with the little tilts he makes at a few (at least former) shibboleths...