or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

Perhaps I'm an outlier on this, but I actually don't care if an item of mine is used for a 10 minute or so photoshoot, and my comment about the fruit juice was a friendly tease, not an accusation. As long as items are laundered & ironed afterwards (and, obviously, not damaged during the shoot), I'm pretty indifferent as to whether they're used in that way. From your answer, I'm guessing others might have given you some grief around this possibility, but it really wouldn't...
Entertaining interview. It helps that I happen to agree with the little tilts he makes at a few (at least former) shibboleths...
 They are. I'm actually not 100% in love with that one; it looks a bit better in the photo than IRL. Perhaps doing the tip helped balance it out. I generally prefer the slightly narrower brim width & slightly lower crown of my other panama. However, with full suits (esp. this particular one) I think I can get away with the broader/higher silhouette.  True, too, I think. And thanks!
 They're chocolate brown not black. Blame the lighting. Lighter brown would have been good too, but I think dark brown is OK, given the splashes of dark brown in the square. I do think black and cream linen can theoretically go together, but not with that particular look's colours of course. A darker, more formal, shirt and tie and black shoes could work, esp. given the black band on the panama hat.
 I tuck the back blade on nearly every fit. Like you say, it's invisible most of the time, even IRL.  Looks good, but shoulder expression is totally personal preference IMO, so go with what you enjoy wearing the most.  Gorgeous warm & sunny day, so busted out the cream linen suit & panama hat:  The suit is something of an afterthought. I've owned the jacket for many years, but after getting rid of a cream wool suit a couple of years ago, I realised I missed having the...
For a cheap suit, there's no point because you can easily buy a new suit for not all that much more. For an expensive suit; well, if you own an expensive suit, you probably own enough of them to wear each one relatively rarely. And you probably like clothes, and enjoy variety. So by the time the trousers wear out, you'll probably be wanting a new suit anyway, so it's a good excuse to order one.   If you have a relatively small but expensive wardrobe, however, then yes...
 Is this mine? Looks like it, what with the BD collar, shoulder epaulettes & chest pockets. I hope your model didn't get any fruit juice on it!!  Looks good, can't wait to get my own grubby little mitts on it.
 Well played; between you all, you're almost there, though kulata's the only one to nail one of them exactly... - short-sleeve shirt- multi-coloured polka dot socks (the shoes are actually chocolate brown gator/croc (can never remember which) but the lighting makes them appear close to black in the photo, I agree)(I wouldn't object to either braces or no belt with belt loop trousers, btw) Thanks for the positive feedback, too.  Loro Piana. LP seem to make several different...
 Do many school uniforms use cream/white trousers in other parts of the world? All the ones I can think of here, including mine, went for grey trousers (excepting cricket whites, obviously). I can't imagine cream trousers looking clean for very long in any school!!    Lovely sunny day here, so making the most of it. There are two hidden sartorial sins in today's look, but what you can't see won't hurt you.  
They have a slightly more graceful arc than normal collars. And this really shines when they are worn without a jacket. With a jacket collar, BDs can sit neater than the one-piece, which can sometimes scrunch up slightly as they're so "soft" by comparison. I like 1-pieces best in summer, worn with no jacket.