or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

The Persian green and maroon linen/cottons are both one-piece collar. I had previously asked Luxire to modify my usual spread collar into a one-piece collar for another shirt, and they did that fine by themselves without any micromanagement on my part. These are the same variant. The original spread collar (seen in the three shirts on the bottom row of the photo) is my own custom shape from my older bespoke shirts but IIRC it's not that massively different from one of...
 The Persian green, as worn last Friday: http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iv-starting-may-2014/1500_50#post_7194227
Another gorgeous summer's day. New shirt, from Luxire. No jacket/tie so spoiler-coding.   [[SPOILER]]
Some shirts arrived today...     Clockwise, from top left: Persian Green linen/cotton, Maroon linen/cotten (I'd call it burgundy), black/maroon tattersal madras (I'd say closer to midnight navy/maroon), cream dress herringbone (more like beige), peach casual oxford (more like a fairly fine oxford), ivory white broadcloth. (Not pictured, a mandarin collar ivory white broadcloth, because the collar was creased a bit in transit and needs ironing.)   Great shirts, as...
Far from formal today, but there is some tailored clothing there, so I'm posting it here anyway. Spoiler-coded for the lack of CM-ness. And to protect your retinas from the shirt.  [[SPOILER]]
Fun challenge theme. I'm more of a club follower than a national team fan, but well, we all get sucked into the hype of the big competitions, don't we? Clever way to avoid the potentially very tricky red tie on white shirt combo, btw, Cleav. Nice combo for a football fan! Pretty much guaranteed a good run and chance of a win in any competition. I see it's possible they'd meet in the semis... I'm curious, who would you support in that situation? For me, I think I'd approach...
 Perhaps I'm an outlier on this, but I actually don't care if an item of mine is used for a 10 minute or so photoshoot, and my comment about the fruit juice was a friendly tease, not an accusation. As long as items are laundered & ironed afterwards (and, obviously, not damaged during the shoot), I'm pretty indifferent as to whether they're used in that way. From your answer, I'm guessing others might have given you some grief around this possibility, but it really wouldn't...
Entertaining interview. It helps that I happen to agree with the little tilts he makes at a few (at least former) shibboleths...
 They are. I'm actually not 100% in love with that one; it looks a bit better in the photo than IRL. Perhaps doing the tip helped balance it out. I generally prefer the slightly narrower brim width & slightly lower crown of my other panama. However, with full suits (esp. this particular one) I think I can get away with the broader/higher silhouette.  True, too, I think. And thanks!
 They're chocolate brown not black. Blame the lighting. Lighter brown would have been good too, but I think dark brown is OK, given the splashes of dark brown in the square. I do think black and cream linen can theoretically go together, but not with that particular look's colours of course. A darker, more formal, shirt and tie and black shoes could work, esp. given the black band on the panama hat.