or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

Rare second post in one day, as going out later and the pinstripe suit worn earlier wouldn't be appropriate:  
 It's a testament to the high quality of the rest of the look - and the cyclical nature of fashion - that a tie that would not be amiss if found in a late-1970s/early-80s polyester bargain bin can seem halfway-decent.     Today, first time wearing a suit since the 29th of May:  A couple of casual looks from the past few days:  [[SPOILER]]  Perhaps controversial elements in the casual looks: 1) the white trousers are cotton/linen in a jean cut. I usually don't press them,...
 Like Stiva says, both turn-ups/cuffs and plain ends have their respective places. I generally like turn-ups on "fluffy" fabrics: tweeds, flannels, etc, and plain trousers on either very citified suits or on casual summery odd trousers. Sometimes I roll instead of cuff, for example today as I'm wearing drivers (which have very little heel height) and the trousers would therefore be a bit long without the roll. Shirt's a fairly bright lemon yellow but somehow that doesn't...
 This is awesome. I would laugh too, but in a good way, with the wearer not at them. Perfect for a BBQ or pool party or something like that.
I don't generally post into this thread, but since I've been really casual with the warm weather for the past week or so, I figured I might as well collate a few fits and post 'em up:    
 Relevant, from the top of reddit right now:   I agree on all counts, but the look is still pretty good. Could be even better with the changes you suggest.   More "spoiler-coded 'cos it's casual" gear, ft. another of my new super-summery Luxire linen shirts:  [[SPOILER]]
 Monkeyface's story & photo reminded me: last time I was at a beach, I was in a suit too. I think. Might have been an odd jacket & tie. Can't remember for sure. I'd been working that day and a colleague & I had a couple of spare hours before dinner and since we happened to be working near a nice beach and it was a sunny day, it would have been a shame not to go. The point behind this random anecdote is that clothes are ultimately just clothes. If you end up needed to adapt...
 This iis really fantastic. Great to see some more summery shirts!!    Another new Luxire shirt (cream herringbone; really nice fabric. Hasn't been washed/ironed yet so a bit rumpled in places), and a green knit tie for this week's Challenge: 
Some neat-o stuff in the thread already. Let's add a green knit:  
 Nice outfit, dunno 'bout the pose tho' dude. Talking of dodgy poses...  [[SPOILER]]   (spoilered 'cos is pretty casual. Of note: new peach coloured Luxire shirt with coconut buttons. Loving it!)