or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

I shared this feeling this morning. On my side of the world, I wish it would start to get warmer, more consistently, instead... 
Personally, I far prefer the look of the laced version. I think chelseas naturally suit a cleaner look.   No one will lynch you either way though. Well, maybe a little. But this is SF; that comes with the territory.
I remember both sides of the issue very clearly, which is precisely why I rather skated over some of those details in my earlier post as I didn't want to bring up all the gory details!   It wasn't really an edifying epidose in any respect, to be honest.
I don't think there's a need to have a chip on your shoulder either way on the issue.   Cream, beige or sand linen or cotton casual jacket with denim has been photo'ed by several members successfully in WAYWRN over the years (I'm think T1, TTO and a couple of others) and I think is generally moderately accepted as a casual summer outfit... provided of course that it is executed in a pleasing manner. Summer looks, being more relaxed generally, tend to have greater...
White OCBD (or indeed any textured white BD) can work, but I don't like it with A/W outfits. It works best in S/S IMO. I also agree with those suggesting avoiding pairing it with jeans; for some reason I can't quite pin down it doesn't quite come out the way you imagine it would and looks slightly odd instead. You could try a pale blue OCBD if you want to use it in a greater variety of looks. Journeyman above suggests the classic candystripe options, which are also fun.
 I'm sure you're right with that last sentence, but there's silly & funny and just silly. If it's funny for others, kudos to them and I hope they enjoy the challenge. It's all cool. Just not for me.  Recursive DTO.  Many years ago, there was a WAYWRN poster called DTO who copied some of Phat Guido's outfits 100%. IIRC at one point it reached the obsessiveness of going into Lee Baron and ordering whatever PG ordered! Or maybe that was another poster as well. If it really...
 The latter? Nah, most people on SF don't post to WAYWRN. Only truly odd characters like myself want to do that! The former, copying another person's style in most respects? There are certainly some who do it. I hope it's not so common as to be the standard M.O. I don't think it is. Yet.  Stealing a few bits of general inspiration here and there is totally different, I think.
Perhaps I'm not enough of a community-focused type of guy, but I really don't get the popularity of DTO contests. I mean, why would I want to dress up like someone else, even if only for one day? Feels kind of... weird to me. And that's saying something given that I'm weird enough to post outfits on SF most days. I think I did do it once, for the very first DTO-type contest back under the old challenge system, where you had to dress like iammatt. I actually felt...
 I love your highwire pattern combinations, but for me this one isn't syncing up right. That's a really tough shirt to pair with a patterned tie.  Have you ever posted a full-length shot of this suit? It always looks so splendid in the close-ups.  Firstly, welcome to the thread. You already know I liked your outfit with the grey version of these that you posted in the Luxire thread. I think it's worth cross-posting that look into here too:  For me, the grey works much...
Congratulations SeaJen & tchoy. I thought this challenge was quite instructive in some ways, as it really flagged up good ways to do yellow... and some not so good ways. That's nice to see.   I rather like kulata's suggestion (tribute to Gianni Cerruti: loud accessories challenge) if only because while Gianni has mastered this look, the results by everyone else will be terribly entertaining. Emphasis on the terrible.