or Connect

Posts by Holdfast

Yes, suede in summer is just as nice as in winter. From wingtips to loafers to drivers, all perfectly fine to wear in summer, though it does help if they're slightly lighter in shade than their winter counterparts. Linen and cotton are both perfectly fine with it. I'd even say summer tropical wool suits are fine with suede shoes, but only if they're obviously casual (eg cream or similarly pale shade, not navy or most greys. Perhaps even exceptionally pale grey, beyond...
Had a fairly busy weekend with a trip to a conference. No pics of the outfit I wore to its dinner (yet), but it was my purple tramline navy suit with a steely-blue shirt with slight sheen and a near-black/very-dark-red satiny tie with a small pink neat print. The blue blazer, grey trouser outfit was for the meeting itself and taken at the end of a long day when I got back home. The DB is today; much more relaxed! The BD's roll and collar generally relaxed signficantly...
 Picking out these two comments because they discuss two SF fetishes that I've never liked: respectively, striped knit ties and suede shoes with business suits. Striped knits, for precisely the reason Clags suggests. I find them incredibly hard to incorporate into a look. Funnily enough, I would expect you to manage them best, as they're probably best used with all solids and you're fond of all-solid looks. But still, yeah, very hard items. Suede shoes with business suits...
Nice one Tira!
 Thumbed this for the top-half close up, before opening the spoilers & seeing the trousers. Not a fan of them in this context TBH. Just 1930s white guys in suits keeping the black guy down.  (just kidding around fellas, no offense meant!)   From a relatively warm sunny cotton-wearing day yesterday to rainy overcast tweedy weather today: 
I don't actually like wearing cotton jackets or suits. They always feel warmer than they should, and they rumple weirdly. If I want something lightweight & casual-looking, I greatly prefer linen; if I want something lightweight & smarter, I much prefer lightweight wool. So I only have one jacket that might qualify for this contest, which coincidentally enough, I wore today. Technically it's a 50/50 cotton/hemp blend, but as it's the closest to a cotton jacket that I have...
Too many unread posts to catch up with, so jut gonna jump back in with yesterday's...     ... and today's fits:  
Daytime yesterday (spoilered as isn't tailored clothing):  [[SPOILER]]  But got dressed up for Friday evening as I had a friends' wedding reception to attend. Apologies for the excessive photo processing; it was fairly late in the day when I left home for it so light levels were very low. Suit is actually midnight navy worsted flannel: 
 Then that makes perfect sense; nice one.   Very good interpretation, esp. for putting up with black shoes! My only difference would have been to use a less textured suit. Is that a hopsack? I'd have gone for a smooth worsted. Maybe with a pattern, maybe solid. BTW, relax when you smile. Smiling is supposed to fun, not a chore!  Aw, shucks, thanks! I would suggest it's largely a function of being able to wake up late most days. Before I stopped working typical office...
Nah. You're doing better than JC; his jeans are absolutely terrible and his jackets are often even worse. Even the Trinny & Susannah couldn't fix him. For a rugby trip, you're absolutely fine, don't sweat it. I wouldn't even worry too much about alterations. I mean, yes, I suspect it could be fine-tuned a bit, but in the medium term you'd be better off keeping an eye out for a new one that fits a bit better all round and so will need fewer overall alterations anyway. If...